• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Strangest food name!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    What's the strangest food name you've heard of?

Eggplant ttly! Since I thought it was a plant.. until Erica mentioned it and I googled it.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    I love Germany. It's such a great country.

They have 18x10cm marshmallow-filled chocolate cyllinders (if you live in the UK, it's similar to Tunnock's Tea Cakes) called Super Dickmanns! Before you scream for this profanity to cease, it's German for "super fat men" and they sort of look like it.

They also have ice lollies called Bum-Bums and Blackies. And a pepsi-orange drink called Schwip-Schwap!

I love Germany!
    Strangest food name!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Chicharones

It's just the Spanish work for pork rinds, but since I live in Texas, and most of the pork rinds I see in stores are imported from Mexico, that's the word I tend to use more often... and I just love to say the word. :D

Ayselipera

Probably spotted dick which is a type of English pudding. I'm guessing you know why.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    Calzones, it means underwear in Spanish. But it's so good, it's better than pizza, if you have no idea what it is, Google it. ;)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Um, babagannoy. I thought you actualy say the word, you include the 'noy' when actualy it is a 'oosh' so > Babaganoosh is how it sounds when you say it. :cer_eek:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    The strangest for me was Kimchi from Korea. Apart from its strange name its a good dish, nonetheless. Also have you heard of 'Nilasing na Hipon'? Its a delicacy here in our place and in English, it's called "Drunken Shrimp" xD.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    "Why do they call it ratatouille? It doesn't sound delicious. Sounds more like rat and patootie. Rat patootie!"
    And yes, the man was drunk at the time.

Chutney and couscous sound funny to me. I'd also like to take this opportunity to have a childish giggle at the previous poster's selected foods.

Back