• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stratman687 here.

Years
  • Hi, my name is Tom! My friend was showing me this forums and I finally decided to buckle down and get my own account. I by no means a veteran pokemon player, but I have been playing it since I was about 5-6 years old. I'm 22 now, owner of SoulSilver, Yellow, and Black and I emulate Ruby sometimes.

Years
  • Oh hey, I'm 22 as well. n~n; There are a ton of old-time members here so I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay around the community. Great time to join and get involved, especially with all the X and Y speculation going on. So you only own SoulSilver, Yellow, and Black at the moment? Out of curiosity, what happened to the older games if you had 'em? :o I still have all my old games but mom threw out some of my late 1990s Pokemon merch.. makes me sad.

Welcome to the forum, by the way! Pleasure to meet you. ♥

Hope you have a lovely time exploring here and such! You can do pretty much anything on PC, from trading and battling all the way to joining clubs and chatting about random things. Did any browsing yet? Hopefully you have and have been enjoying yourself so far.. if not you can always contact a staff member and we'll see how we can help out! :) Everyone here works hard to make sure the forum's as fun as it can be so it'd be cool if you could stick around and get involved with all of that. Seeing the forum evolve in the coming years and being around for all the newly-released generations is one of the really fun things about being here~

Anyways, cheers, Tom! I'm always here if you're looking for someone to talk to and hope you have a great time!

Years
  • Oh hey, I'm 22 as well. n~n; There are a ton of old-time members here so I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay around the community. Great time to join and get involved, especially with all the X and Y speculation going on. So you only own SoulSilver, Yellow, and Black at the moment? Out of curiosity, what happened to the older games if you had 'em? :o I still have all my old games but mom threw out some of my late 1990s Pokemon merch.. makes me sad.

Welcome to the forum, by the way! Pleasure to meet you. ♥

Hope you have a lovely time exploring here and such! You can do pretty much anything on PC, from trading and battling all the way to joining clubs and chatting about random things. Did any browsing yet? Hopefully you have and have been enjoying yourself so far.. if not you can always contact a staff member and we'll see how we can help out! :) Everyone here works hard to make sure the forum's as fun as it can be so it'd be cool if you could stick around and get involved with all of that. Seeing the forum evolve in the coming years and being around for all the newly-released generations is one of the really fun things about being here~

Anyways, cheers, Tom! I'm always here if you're looking for someone to talk to and hope you have a great time!

Hi, Cirno and Ganesha, thanks for the welcome! Cirno, nice to meet you, too! I'm really excited to be on the forum now. I'm really looking forward to doing more trading, I haven't done trading for about a year or so.

As for my games, I have played almost all of the pokemon games, but I'm a little picky about which ones I actually buy, plus when I was a kid, i was limited to only, like 3 GB games a year, so I had to be picky D: Fortunately, a lot of my friends played pokemon and I've played, Red, Blue, Gold, Silver, Diamond, and HeartGold, as well as other pokemmon spinoffs like Stadium and Stadium 2 haha. TV show is great as well, I remember watching it on weekends when I was a kid. Sorry about your lost merch, that's a bummer! If it makes you feel any better, all my pokemon cards are gone D:

The forum looks intriguing so I'll be looking around more for sure!

~Tom

Years
  • Oh wow, nice to see another member aged in their 20s! Welcome to PC, Tom!

I'm turning 21 in October, and I still love Pokemon even better than when I played my first game (Ruby) 10 years ago after only just turning 11. Loved the game so much it led to me playing all the later generations, while I never played the first two generations I learned so much and now I am planning to eventually play X and Y, which everyone seems to be excited about.

I played two of the same games as you in fact, SoulSilver and Black which I think were great and given the games you mentioned I'll recommend the Fifth Generation, Fourth Generation and Metal/Color Generation sections since they have great topics on all those games. Anyways, I do hope you have fun here and I'll see ya around!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
    Years
  • Hello and welcome! I'm turning 22 next month so we are pretty much the same as far as age goes :P. I still love Pokemon just like I did growing up, the games are fun :). Liking the forums so far?

What kind of Pokemon do you like? DO you use a certain type or battle technique or anything like that? I like to learn about other people and their preferences. I hope to see you a lot around the forums, it's really fun here :D.

Years
  • Hello and welcome! I'm turning 22 next month so we are pretty much the same as far as age goes :P. I still love Pokemon just like I did growing up, the games are fun :). Liking the forums so far?

What kind of Pokemon do you like? DO you use a certain type or battle technique or anything like that? I like to learn about other people and their preferences. I hope to see you a lot around the forums, it's really fun here :D.

I'm still getting acquainted with some of the newer pokemon and their types. I really like Grass type and steel/rock type. Water types are ok, but I never found them to be too effective. Psychic types are probably my favorite, though. I remember having a level 99 Hypno when I was a kid that I was really fond of that i could blow through the elite 4 with. My favorite pokemon are legendaries and rare pokemon. I'm currently trying to track down the legendary dogs in Soulsilver. I tend to use balanced strategies when battling, unless of course, my pokemon are dominant. If they're dominant, I just KO a pokemon ASAP. If they're not dominant, then I'll try to use defense and stat raising techniques with a pokemon that's not elementally weak. I hate switching pokemon too much, too haha.

Back