• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Street Fighter 4

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    So I came across this section of the forum, only to find that no one had made a thread about this game yet. Wtf you guys >O

I've been a hardcore fan of this series since I first played Street Fighter 2 at the arcade, and waiting for this game's release for months (it was supposed to come out last December in the US, and when Capcom delayed its release again, I was furious T_T). It *finally* came out today, and you all can be damn sure that I was there at the 12:00 release, waiting in line for my copy. I came home, and haven't put it down since. It's everything I had expected from this awesome franchise, and more =D

So, has any one else plan on picking up this game? Or, if you're like me and already have, what did/didn't you like about it?

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    C. Viper & Sagat are broken beyond belief, this game will never have competitive value

Sagat I agree with, but I don't see what you mean about C. Viper. She's actually considered low-tier in SF4 =X

I play as Ken anyways, so it doesn't really matter to me. I used to play as Vega (claw) but it's hard as hell to combo with him. His speed used to compensate for his low strength, but I don't really see that in this game. He sucks :<

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I got the game today, but i can't play it because as soon as i went to turn my 360 on it got RRoD :(

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Got the game today, have to say I love it, sagat is far to overpowered. I beat my friends far to easily with him, normally I play as ken and I have tried him in this and I don't like his normal finish, I prefer it with 3 jumps instead of the 2 it has in this game.

I would love to see parrying like in Third Strike, I am so used to it I still try to parry. xD

Anyone have it on PS3?

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    Anyone have it on PS3?

Nah, 360 =/

I just unlocked Akuma, and instantly fell in love with him. He's basically just a more badass version of Ryu, with a better super combo. I can't figure out how to get his ultra to work, though >.<

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    Eh I haven't played it personally, but I've watched my brother's play it on the PS3. Looks pretty sweet, especially when you battle online.

lol Akuma, half the time I see people use him and they just jump in the air and throw fire balls. D:

Years
    C. Viper & Sagat are broken beyond belief, this game will never have compeitive value

Eh, Sagat was a god in ST yet that game is still played even today.

Viper is really good but I wouldn't call her broken and she requires enough skill that mediocre players can't just spam and look great like they can with Sagat.

While I'm one of the 50 zillion Ryu player's I'm actually really enjoying Abel. Outside of Hugo in SF3 I've never been much of a grappler user in SF so I'm happy to finally be enjoying one.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I don't like Abel, I prefer Zangief, he is good if you can combo into his grabs.

I use Sagat a lot, People spam Tiger Uppercut alot when you play online.

Worst thing that I am getting now is after I beat someone they kick me out of the room. It is annoying me to death.

I have only unlocked Sakura, I can't be bothered to get the rest. i would rather just play against my friends, and the fact I am rubish with charge moves doesn't help as I have to do it as Bison and Chun Li.

Years
    Zangief is really good. I'd use him but I hate grapplers with those full circle command moves.

I feel like....60% of the people I play online use Ken. If you beat their Ken they go straight for Sagat. I don't mind since I'm a Ryu player so I won't complain about shotos.

I wish rooms could support more than two people. I have friends I want to play with but the lobbies suck too much to support more than 2.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I (well my brother) got it for the 360. I suck at it, and like 98% of the final bosses in fighting games I can't stand their cheap moves and it pisses me off. But I did find it really funny when the computer was move spamming me (as in using the same move over and over and over again).

I guess my best 3 characters are Chun-Li, Ken, and C.Viper.
    The game is ok, it just pisses me off far too much.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Well sweeties, I've been waiting for Street Fighter 4 ever since it was announced. I've been a big fan of Street Fighter since, 1 =p (Okie, mostly because of 2, 1 was cheesy and weird and it's so easy to pwn everybody with just a Hadoken.) I've played it for a bit, since I don't own a PS3 or 360. My experiences were quite alright...I just need some time to play a little more. I can't really say how I feel about a game since I only played a few rounds without an arcade stick.

More importantly...I own with Chun Li in ANY version of Street Fighter. From 2 to 3rd strike and possibly 4. =p

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
    Yesterday I just got my Street Fighter IV PS3 version, and one of the workers at GameStop said that it was there last copy for the PS3 version. So I was very lucky to get it on time. ^_^
    I haven't played it yet, because I gotta wait for my PS3 that I ordered online to get it here. XD

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    I (well my brother) have it for the 360. I suck at it, and like 98% of the final bosses in fighting games I can't stand their cheap moves and it pisses me off. But I did find it really funny when the computer was move spamming me (as in using the same move over and over and over again).

I guess my best 3 characters are Chun-Li, Ken, and C.Viper.
    The game is ok, it just pisses me off far too much.

Hah, yeah I noticed that too when you play arcade mode. Especially when facing off against Abel; he tends to just stand there doing nothing until you approach him, then he'll throw you. It's aggravating as hell, but I've found the best way to go against him is to keep your distance, and just throw projectiles at him until he's KOed XD;

Infernape

fire power!
    Years
    I love this game. I admit I suck at it. but I don't think it's all me though. I think the controlls for the 360 could be better. =(

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    I love this game. I admit I suck at it. but I don't think it's all me though. I think the controlls for the 360 could be better. =(

...Dude, who doesn't suck at this game? XD

I actually like the feel for the controls of this game; I just can't play for the life of me. Hell, I can barely beat "Easy" mode without having to use like, 3 continues against Seth XD;

Infernape

fire power!
    Years
    haha. well I thought I was good (I love fighting games like king of fighters, mortal kombat, ect) but my fiance whipped me every time we play. I use El Fuerte and she uses Cammy. I keep going from the stick to the d-pad whenever I play. =/

Years
    haha. well I thought I was good (I love fighting games like king of fighters, mortal kombat, ect) but my fiance whipped me every time we play. I use El Fuerte and she uses Cammy. I keep going from the stick to the d-pad whenever I play. =/

El Fuerte is pretty hard to win with. I commend you for choosing him though. He's really fun to fight and play but very few pick him.

Infernape

fire power!
    Years
    thanks man. =) he's quick and his moves are good. if you have good timing you can take down the bigger guys with ease.

Back