• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Street Fighter V

GlakeGG

The Phantom Prince
Years
  • With only 5 days remaining until the launch of Street Fighter V, I just had to make a thread to see if there are any fellow Pokemon fans here who are also Street Fighter players.

If you're awaiting the game just like many others, post what you're looking forward to the most about the game and who you're looking to main when the game comes out!

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Ah, my SFV thread looks like it died lol. The FGC is pretty vast in this Pokemon fandom.
    I'm excited to see what Alex will look like. I'm still sticking with my tried and true Ken and Ryu. At least until Team Final Fight roll out as DLC.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I've been watching the Story Mode videos from channels who got the review copies, and I've got a hunch on who will be part of the second DLC wave:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Getting it today.

Going full force with Bison. From my time with the beta, this character is way too fun.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I'm going to be picking up Karin in SFV and try to be good playing her, since she was my ace character back from SFA3 (V-Karin boize). As much as I would like to play Ken, I have the feeling that I might be following the Ken-wagon train so I'm just going to play Karin, even if she has her own large bandwagon as well.

Years
  • https://shoryuken.com/2016/02/16/st...ming-offline-to-address-online-functionality/

It's a good thing I wasn't planning on buying it day one in case something like this happens. I'll probably try to get it on PC at around June, which at that time the servers would already be fixed by then because I'm currently more busy with college than usual.

I give it bout a week for the servers to be good to go. Capcom isn't gonna let their next numbered title in the list go down like that.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Personally, I'm probably going to wait around March - April to get V. Not totally comfortable dropping $70 for it just yet. Good thing that my friend bought it, so I can mooch off him for the time being, haha.

After a couple hours of grinding sessions from today though, Ryu's st.MP is fucking godly. Crush Counter is the best feeling in the world. I'm actually contemplating on picking up Ken, because he feels smooth as hell. Karin is complete bae, I just need to know some V-Trigger and Crush Counter combos, then I can get the ball rolling.

Years
  • I just need to know some V-Trigger and Crush Counter combos, then I can get the ball rolling.

CC st.HK > slight walk forward > st.HP > QCB HK (QCB MP works here too, EX QCB K gives good damage)
    CC cr.HP > QCB HK (Delay a bit. This is if you get CC off an Anti-Air. Sometimes you might get a stray CC from it too so this is what you do)

V-Trigger combos come from st.HP so if you ever get that you can go in
    Example: j.MK > st.HP > V-T > st.HP > QCF HP > HP > OJOUHANDS

If you don't have any BnBs...

cr.MP > st.MP > WKF > EWKF (AKA 236K~P: That's Wind Karin Fist and Electric Wind Karin Fist respectively)

On CH with say lights cr.LP, you can go cr.LP > cr.MP > st.MP > WKF > EWKF.
    cr.LK requires a different route, going cr.LK > st.LP > EWKF.
    If you get a stray cr.LK from time to time, it goes straight into EWKF.
    st.LK is like +3 so if you get some pokes with it it goes into EWKF too. And almost always you can do EWKF right after the first one.

Hope I helped mang.

EDIT: QCB HK confirms off of cr.MK and apparently st.MP. Toy with it.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Arc

GlakeGG

The Phantom Prince
    Years
  • CC st.HK > slight walk forward > st.HP > QCB HK (QCB MP works here too, EX QCB K gives good damage)
    CC cr.HP > QCB HK (Delay a bit. This is if you get CC off an Anti-Air. Sometimes you might get a stray CC from it too so this is what you do)

V-Trigger combos come from st.HP so if you ever get that you can go in
    Example: j.MK > st.HP > V-T > st.HP > QCF HP > HP > OJOUHANDS

If you don't have any BnBs...

cr.MP > st.MP > WKF > EWKF (AKA 236K~P: That's Wind Karin Fist and Electric Wind Karin Fist respectively)

On CH with say lights cr.LP, you can go cr.LP > cr.MP > st.MP > WKF > EWKF.
    cr.LK requires a different route, going cr.LK > st.LP > EWKF.
    If you get a stray cr.LK from time to time, it goes straight into EWKF.
    st.LK is like +3 so if you get some pokes with it it goes into EWKF too. And almost always you can do EWKF right after the first one.

Hope I helped mang.

I'll be sure to mess around with these as well. Played at an offline session today and got rocked pretty bad. It's amazing how long it's taking me to get a hang of the flow of this game. Haven't played the beta, let alone SF since last year, but I didn't think it would take me this long to adapt lol.

Everyone seems to be picking up Karin. Pretty sure she's one of the strongest chars on the roster. I'd like her to be my main as well, but since she's pretty rush-down heavy I'd like to have a better feel of the game before I pick her up for good. Currently playing Laura, Nash, and Chun Li.

As far as the netcode goes. I've been able to connect to quite a few casual games via FR during training mode tonight. The netcode is actually hella smooth when it works.

Years
  • I'll be sure to mess around with these as well. Played at an offline session today and got rocked pretty bad. It's amazing how long it's taking me to get a hang of the flow of this game. Haven't played the beta, let alone SF since last year, but I didn't think it would take me this long to adapt lol.

Everyone seems to be picking up Karin. Pretty sure she's one of the strongest chars on the roster. I'd like her to be my main as well, but since she's pretty rush-down heavy I'd like to have a better feel of the game before I pick her up for good. Currently playing Laura, Nash, and Chun Li.

As far as the netcode goes. I've been able to connect to quite a few casual games via FR during training mode tonight. The netcode is actually hella smooth when it works.

I'd say Karin is relatively strong right now. Most of the peeps playing her are either like me and picked her cause SFA3 or picked her cause ~Blonde Girls Stay Winning™~

As far as getting back into the groove of SF, you could always pick up Ryu again...

GlakeGG

The Phantom Prince
    Years
  • I'd say Karin is relatively strong right now. Most of the peeps playing her are either like me and picked her cause SFA3 or picked her cause ~Blonde Girls Stay Winning™~

As far as getting back into the groove of SF, you could always pick up Ryu again...

LOL all about dem blonde girls man, lmao.

But yeah, I definitely think she's pretty strong. I felt SF4 was pretty defensive so I'd really like to play a rushdown viable character in this game. I think the way this game is built makes it so you can play pretty much anyone on the roster more rushdown-like. If I were to ever play a shoto in SFV it'd probably be Ken, might mess around with him a bit.

Years
  • LOL all about dem blonde girls man, lmao.

But yeah, I definitely think she's pretty strong. I felt SF4 was pretty defensive so I'd really like to play a rushdown viable character in this game. I think the way this game is built makes it so you can play pretty much anyone on the roster more rushdown-like. If I were to ever play a shoto in SFV it'd probably be Ken, might mess around with him a bit.

Ken is very different in this game. He plays kinda weird.

I gotchu doe, refer here.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I've been labbing.

Unless I'm wrong, Vtrig scissors kick has less recovery than his dash, and will cross up even if they back tech.

Years
  • I've been labbing.

Unless I'm wrong, Vtrig scissors kick has less recovery than his dash, and will cross up even if they back tech.

Stuff like this is why I hate Bison right now.

That is a mean setup though, just watch out for delay tech.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Absolutely loving SFV so far. Again conforming to Hakumen's point, I picked Karin (SFA3 hype!) and she's been pretty beastly apart from one thing...anti-airs! Most of the options she has for them are pretty shocking to say the least.

st.HP is godlike, whatchu mean? Use that jawn from time to time, it's really good!

cr.HP is alright too but st.HP son

Years
  • It's great but at the same moving her as far as it does makes it awkward. However just picked up some juicy tech from my boy Sako so definitely running that in the lab tomorrow!

We should play sometime.

And yeah it is a bit weird. It could be worse though, I think just about all her normals are pretty damn solid.

Years

• Thread bump

Anti-Karin tech coming in. For those of you playing Ojou-Chan, stop doing this in neutral/blockstrings if you haven't stopped already.

Back