• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] String Hexalocke Challenge

saniachan

Second Violinist
Years
Quadru-post (?). Ain't gonna bother to count anymore ._.

Koh's Journey in a Nutshell (Part 9)
Spoiler:

The Players
Spoiler:

The Backup Players
Spoiler:

The Broken Instruments
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Apr 30, 2024
Username: stenirrpg
Game(s): Crystal
Instrument groups: Primary
Challenge: Single

As a composer working on string works right now (I'm writing my first string quartet at this time), this is very interesting. Who knows - maybe I'll write a string sextet and use the flow of Pokemon on my team to help define how I write the work. Music inspiring Pokemon inspiring Music!

As soon as I get a chance today, I'm going to get started on Crystal and see what happens!

Years
Hello, this seems interesting! I would like to give this a try! Let's make it a bit more challenging!

Username: Celèste
Game(s): Red, Gold, Alpha Sapphire, Brilliant Diamond, Black (Rom), X, Moon
Instrument groups: Shuffle
Challenge: Ultimate

PS: I sadly don't have an Unova Game anymore 😢. If it's allowed to use an emulated Rom, I would go for Black! Also does BW2 count as an Unova game too or is it separate? If it is separate and I am allowed to use an emulated Rom, it would be White 2. I'll try to get started as soon as possible and I would most likely 1st finish Red before moving on or am I supposed to write all of them at the same time in the Updates?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Apr 30, 2024
Usually, whatever Region counts. So, OR/AS counts as Hoenn. B/W/B2/W2 are Unova. I've done runs on emulator, as long as you don't cheat it should be fine.

Best thing to do for an Ultimate is do them one at a time. Takes a bit to go through seven regions. I speak from experience having done two Ultimate monotypes - I got into the habit of two or three posts per region. It does make it easier for the mods to keep up on marking down what games you've completed.

I hate how costly gen 5 has become.

Years
Usually, whatever Region counts. So, OR/AS counts as Hoenn. B/W/B2/W2 are Unova. I've done runs on emulator, as long as you don't cheat it should be fine.

Best thing to do for an Ultimate is do them one at a time. Takes a bit to go through seven regions. I speak from experience having done two Ultimate monotypes - I got into the habit of two or three posts per region. It does make it easier for the mods to keep up on marking down what games you've completed.

Okay thank you very much! ^^ I guess I'll go with Black in that case and I don't even really know how to use cheats on NDS Emulator, the only cheats I ever used were Fire Red Fan Games/Hacks on private playthroughs on GBA Emulator, but only because I got tired of grinding after a while.... 😅

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Apr 30, 2024
The Crystal Sextet
Part 1

After naming myself Maestro, I started out with Totodile (Violin). Made my way up to Mr. Pokemon and back with the Egg. I fought my rival, who I named Baton, on the way back. I had already reached level 8 by this time so had Rage, which made the fight super easy. Returning back to the lab, I turn over the Egg, explain I fought Baton, and get some Pokeballs. I should mention that I was a little bored with everyone saying they were "counting on" me! Elm. Oak. Mr. Pokemon. But anyways...

In Route 29, I caught a Hoothoot. Going slightly north, on Route 46, I pick up a Geodude. Heading north of Cherrygrove City onto Route 30, I pick up a Poliwag. Poliwag and Geodude were level 3, while Hoothoot was level 4. I decide to go ahead and do a little bit of grinding to level 6 before heading towards Violet City. I'll be able to get two new Pokemon before reaching there - one from Route 31 and the other from Dark Cave. Training is a bit slow, since Hoothoot can't take a hit and Poliwag can't really, either. Both are swapping over to Geodude to level up.

My team:

Violin I
Nickname: Bell
L10 Totodile - Scratch / Leer / Rage

Violin II
Nickname: Corelli
L5 Poliwag - Bubble

Viola I
Nickname: Stamitz
L5 Hoothoot - Tackle / Growl

Viola II
Awaiting Auditions

Cello I
Nickname: Ma
L5 Geodude - Tackle

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Apr 30, 2024
A lot to catch up on. I actually got sidetracked writing a RL string quartet. I'm currently finishing up training just south of Goldenrod.

To sum up the first two gyms: Geodude wins. Geodude on the birds, Geodude on the bugs. Rock Throw is super nice, though I only had it for Bugsy's team. To sum up everything else - oh jeez is it a pain to do Nuzlocke rules. This is my first Nuzlocke, and I am always so scared of having anyone faint. I've had a few close calls (training a Wooper and having it survive a battle with 3 HP is scary), but so far, no losses. Probably won't last. I know the game is just going to be a bit more of a challenge as I progress.

As for everything that I've collected so far, here's the full list. Everything, other than two, are currently at L18.
Starter - Totodile (Violin)
R29 - Hoothoot (Viola)
R46 - Geodude (Cello)
R30 - Poliwag (Violin)
R31 - didn't have any balls, oops
Dark Cave - Zubat (Viola)
Sprout Tower - Gastly (Cello)
R32 - Wooper (Violin)
Union Cave - Rattata (Viola)
R33 - Hoppip (Violin)
Slowpoke Well - Slowpoke (Violin)
Ilex Forest - Oddish (Violin)
R34 - Drowzee (Cello)

So, by part:
Violins - Totodile, Poliwag, Wooper, Oddish, Hoppip, Slowpoke
Viola - Hoothoot, Zubat, Rattata
Cello - Geodude, Gastly, Drowzee

The next challenge is going to be Whitney, and I'm thinking the first thing to do is to ignore Hoothoot and Zubat (Rollout will suck for them). So, my Viola will be Rattata...but then I have an open slot. Best option is probably Zubat (I think it's better with Bite than Hoothoot is with...well, anything). Wooper is resistant to Rock, so it'll be included. Geodude is in the same boat as Wooper, so there's another locked in. Gastly is probably the best bet (Drowzee isn't Ghost, but at the same time, it only knows Pound/Hypnosis/Disable, so not the best). As for the other VIolin, I'm probably going to keep Poliwag in. Totodile has already evolved, so Poliwag should be given a little room to gain some extra xp.

Hope to start posting a little more regularly to finish up Crystal.

Last edited:

saniachan

Second Violinist
Years
Hello, this seems interesting! I would like to give this a try! Let's make it a bit more challenging!

Username: Celèste
Game(s): Red, Gold, Alpha Sapphire, Brilliant Diamond, Black (Rom), X, Moon
Instrument groups: Shuffle
Challenge: Ultimate

PS: I sadly don't have an Unova Game anymore 😢. If it's allowed to use an emulated Rom, I would go for Black! Also does BW2 count as an Unova game too or is it separate? If it is separate and I am allowed to use an emulated Rom, it would be White 2. I'll try to get started as soon as possible and I would most likely 1st finish Red before moving on or am I supposed to write all of them at the same time in the Updates?
Whelp, sorry for the super late response. I don't mind using emulators because I use them all the time for my Pokemon gaming needs, LMAO.

And yes, you're right. I forgot to keep up with updates here. My bad. 😅

Back