• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stuck in a parallel universe; how about you?

What do you believe

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Stuck in between

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FreaKryptid

LaunchingSnorlaxGetOutOfW ay
Years
  • I don't know about yo but the thought of another place with someone like me but the exact opposite, a place where Pokemon might actually exist, or a place where dogs ruled the earth. Makes me wonder about what other possibilities for a different universe might be.

chikorita125

^ ment to be Happy Azumarill
    Years
  • yeh the idea has come across my mind sevral times where i would think on how much beter it would be if you could travel to another universe.

Ayselipera

It really is an awesome idea and its one I think about a lot. I obviously don't know if there is some parallel universe out there, but I like to think that maybe there is.

Its funny that you brought this up, because just the other day I was watching some family guy episode where they go into a bunch of different universes. :D

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    The idea of it is very interesting, but I don't really believe they exists.. I'd like to though. It would be pretty awesome if there were universes parallel to our own. o_o

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Yes I believe in the multiverse. Being able to travel between them...I'd think it'd make both collapse, eventually. Unless you do equivalent trade.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    You'd also have to take into account of every decision made... which different decisions, is cause for a different outcome, which too, could be a parallel universe (as opposed to an all out physical change like you mentioned).

I too though, don't believe of it.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Maybe there is, maybe there isn't. We may not know, science hadn't proven it yet. It would be wierd to know that there's is another you doing the same thing as you do but only a bit differently. >.>

Last edited:

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
  • Maybe there is, maybe there isn't. We may not know, science hadn't proven it yet. It would be wierd to know that there's is another you doing the say thing as you do but only a bit differently. >.>

With the thread name spelled the way it is, I doubt OP would get much benefit from reading up on string theory.

Also, interdimensional travel is, so far, impossible. Can you imagine if there were entropy leaks from one dimension to another?

Years
  • Wasn't there already a thread about this? I'm pretty sure there was. Wait, there was, and I have crossed into another universe where it hadn't happened yet! Someone help me get back to my universe!

Actually, at this very moment I'm looking at a library book I checked out weeks ago. The title: "Parallel Worlds." I haven't opened it yet. XD

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • With the thread name spelled the way it is, I doubt OP would get much benefit from reading up on string theory.

Also, interdimensional travel is, so far, impossible. Can you imagine if there were entropy leaks from one dimension to another?
    I believe I brought this up in the lab.

Entropy leaks may or may not benefit any one Universe at any particular time. Although, it may be the case that there is a Universe in which all possible good outcomes have come to fruition and the scientists have managed to create a 100% efficient engine, or Perpetual Motion machine. However unlikely it may seem, there is always a possibility. Imagine if there were entropy leaks though...

If there was a way to travel safely in between dimensions, and navigate accurately, we might be able to study how and where these Universes differ from ours and better ourselves appropriately. Alas, it's impossible with our current Universal understanding...

That said, the thread name could stand to be changed, or at the very least, be spelled correctly.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I'm not a scientist, and further more I am completely crap at science and can't even begin to explain whether or not they would be feasible, but I do believe in parallel universes. The law 'each action has an equal and opposite reaction' was what first made me think of it, alongside the novel Johnny and the Bomb by Terry Pratchett, where a parallel universe is temporarily created to deal with Johnny changing time. Maybe it's just a wishfulness that everybody gets different chances at life, but I just really like to think that there infinite possibilities out there, all explored. :3

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    There could be a slight possibility that there might be alternate universes, but as far as we know, there isn't. I do believe somewhat in it, but until the time of discovery comes, we can only think that they're really are alternate universes.

If only, huh Kris? ;D

Back