• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stuck in the middle with you

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Higgitt. No I don't like it. Simple as really. I doesn't really tie in well with my full name at all. But yeah, I wouldn't mind changing it to my second name.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    My mother does not like to tell me the truth it seams. I should know that it didn't air until 1998, I am obsessed with it, my stupid forgetful memory! Thank you for pointing that out.

Probably why she told you it was from there, it would be a cool story to tell someone that already loves the show :P

My middle name is Marie, which is alright I guess. The biggest problem with my first/middle name is that so many other people have them...Marie is a HUGE middle name from what I've seen, and Nicole is huge as first and middle names. So there's a very, very good chance that in any room I'm in at least one person has part of my name in theirs and it gets obnoxious, lol.

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
    My middle name is Lauren and my first name is Paige, so Paige Lauren. I really like it and I like middle names. I think they add to a name. It just sounds really nice. I will definitely give my kid(s) middle names!

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    My middle name is Gaye, I think it was my Father who chose to give me that name. I kind of like it, but I use to get made fun of because of it, back in Primary school. Good times

But I still like the name.

Years
    I actually made the middle name I was given when I was born into my own name. I don't love love it - it's fine, it's good, it suits me well enough - but really it's because it's a heck of a lot better than what it used to be. I got to decide my own middle name, too, which is fab.

Middle names are usually burdens so I wouldn't want to give my hypothetical kids any and let them choose their own when they're old enough. I know it doesn't work that way, but I'm not having kids anyway so it's all good.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I have [redacted] middle names and I love it. I'm not sure why, but I feel kind of cool having a really long name. (Erica [redacted]!) I don't particularly like any of my middle names, too. So I'm really weird in that respect. My names come from relatives. [redacted] was my maternal grandmother, [redacted] was my paternal grandmother and [redacted] is my mother's name. I wanted to take another middle name when I got confirmed which was the only reason I didn't refuse to go through with it but that practice seems to have stopped so boo. :(

If I ever have kids, they are definitely getting middle names.

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Might as well answer.

My middle name is Colin. It's my dad's name, and while I'm not the biggest fan of it, I don't dislike it enough to try and have it erased from my birth certificate or something similar. I don't quote it on anything that isn't THIS HAS TO BE 100% OFFICIAL OR FINES WILL BE BROUGHT!!! but I don't feel 'shame' when I do need to put it down. It's just a name, after all.

If I do have kids, I guess I'll consult with their mother with regards to middle names. I have no real preference one way or the other.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    My middle name is Luna, which is like, the weirdest middle name ever. o.o I don't hate it but I don't like it either.. it just doesn't match with my name. o.o Kelsey Luna. Sounds kinda weird, doesn't it? .__.
    And nope I wouldn't give my kids a middle name because I'm not going to have kids. Never. o3o

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    My middle name was supposed to be Luis, but my mom opted out of it so now I'm middle nameless. I don't plan on having kids, but even if I did I'd have more trouble figuring out what their first name would be rather than their middle name. xD

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    My middle name is pretty generic. I don't like it, but I wish I had something a little more interesting instead. I love middle names though. I don't know what it is but I'm always interested in learning other peoples' middle names. They're just cool to me.

Years
    I don't really mind my middle name (Taylor), but I never really felt mine served any purpose. Everyone else in my family (even extended family) has a middle name of either a grandparent or an aunt/uncle, except myself. If I have kids, I will probably go this same route and give them a middle name after a relative, as long as their mother agrees on it.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    My middle name is Skye. It's not bad, I suppose, but I don't associate it with me. Then again I don't associate my first name with me half the time anymore so yeah. Savannah Skye is not a name that has anything to do with me.

If I have kids I think I'll give them middle names. Gives them an option if they don't like their first name.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I have a middle name and it starts with H. It's a bit out of place, so I never actually use it in forms or anything. If they ask, I just put "H" and leave it at that.

I would give my kids middle names, if I could think of them. I'm terrible with names.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    My middle name is George. I frankly believe it is an awesome name.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    Middle names are so awesome. I like hearing someone's three names all together and if it's done right you can have some really really cool rhythm there.
    I get sad when someone tells me they don't have a middle name, it's like POTENTIAL WASTED. I tend to prefer a single middle name but hey, having two middle names is hella cool as well.

My middle name is Alyssa and I love it. <3 I think it goes very nicely with the rest of my name.
    Maggie Alyssa~ It is even better with the last name but still.
    I created this name out of papier mâché and glitter. The magical kind. :3

I won't have kids, but if I were ever to name a little tot, I would be damned not to give it a nice middle name. <3

I don't really use my middle name on official things but it is on my Facebook, so there's that.
    I agree. It's cute finding out someone's middle name, especially if it's heavily guarded and someone trusts you enough to tell you it haha. I like long names in general though. It's just more interesting, and middle names are mainly use to pass down names from past generations or someone of importance, it seems.
    I third this.

Back