• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Study shows thousands are playing Pokémon GO while driving

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I have it on while driving (by on I mean the screen on and not actually using it). Not to catch Pokémon but to get the awesome 400m progress. I drive a manual so I'm used to driving one handed for a second. I only glance down to see if a message is up, if not I ignore it (easily reachable in front of the gears). If the message appears I wildly touch my phone until the message disappears while still driving and looking at the road. Eventually I get rid of the message (because I'm paranoid I don't get my 400m lol). The most I touch it on is 55km. Anything over and it's just too dangerous and I'll wait til I'm at a light (and then touch it just so the screen doesn't go off).

So I don't really play play (nor do I pick up the phone at any point or use it)... I just make sure I get the bonus 400m safely! :)

I really should test if the distance for eggs can still be added with the message up (cuz then I don't have to do anything). I wouldn't text or call or even actually play the game while driving tho, that's just dumb.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I respect Niantic a lot for putting so many warnings on the game intro screens, and for adding the confirmation that you're not playing while driving unless you're a passenger, buuut that doesn't change the fact that millions of people are still gonna do it and lie about it. However, at least now no one can sue the company if they wreck their car from playing, cause the game already told them not to be stupid.

Back