• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Studying or Playing?

Studying or Playing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Melody

Banned
Years
  • I avoid studying. It's boring. Most of the time I do my studying in class anyways. If I'm bored with what the teacher is doing/saying then I just crack my textbook open (if there's one handy) and read it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    Playing any day, You actually don't need to spend alot of time studying to get good grades, but you have to concentrate when you do. If you want to be dux however.....

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • It depends on my mood. Recently I have done far more studying than playing as I feel it is important for me to do with tests and coursework to complete, but most of the time I am in the mood to play and go out with friends.

I think it has to be balanced as to much play will cause you to fail school as I have learnt and to much study will completely drain you of energy and isolate you from your friends.

1stGenNut

1st Gen Fanatic
    Years
  • Both, for I like studying stuff that is interesting, not to mention playing games that just take up hours of my time but make it worthwhile.

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    I'm more of a procrastinator than anything.
    If I have to study, I'll put it off. If I have to complete a level, I'll put it off.

But I play a helluva lot more than I study - studying is for lsrs, fyi. :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    I'm grateful for the fact that learning/studying is enjoyable to me. I just not finished reading some chapters in one of my textbooks, for a course I am currently taking, just because I was bored and needed something to do.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I count reading as studying and, I would much rather read than play, but there are my times I like to play. Generaly though I like studying.

hikaru hitachiin

Can I drink your blood?
    Years
  • Playing

I like playing more than studying but sometimes we have to study to acquire knowledge to have a better future:)

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    I definitely prefer playing more. I hardly studied at all in high school, and I made straight A's and B's. However, college is a lot different. I still haven't fully adjusted to having to actually study and read textbooks. Just paying attention in lectures doesn't cut it anymore. I'm just glad I'm not failing anything.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    My grades are doing fine, and I have a Wii/DS that just begs to be played, so I choose to Play instead.
    On the off-set of my grades dropping, I might focus more on studying, but my grades rarely drop below a very high C, so I'll still pick playing.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    ehh, I don't like studying, but I do enjoy learning! I have such a bad habit of not looking over my notes before tests. I'm really working hard to do it, but I guess I would have to say playing.

~ Yukishii

ℓaketrio mistress♥
    Years
  • Play. My 'studying' is using Wikipedia to randomly look up things I don't know.
    To be honest I don't actually need to study.. I do well enough.

majority of you guys voted for playing rather than studying^_^

Because a lot of us are young, or young at heart.
    A.D.D. ftw.

Megaera

stop calling me d:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 30, 2015
    Play. My 'studying' is using Wikipedia to randomly look up things I don't know.
    To be honest I don't actually need to study.. I do well enough.

Because a lot of us are young, or young at heart.
    A.D.D. ftw.

Well I guess you're right there ^_^

Back