• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[SU & OCC] Pokemon Ultimate Trainers Academy

Ducklighter

Throw caution to the wind.
Years
  • You're both accepted! Greats apps, guys!

I realised it would've easier if I edited that previous post lol Yes, you can reserve a spot. Which group would you like to reserve?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    I have a question! :3 Will we be allowed to catch more pokemon once the RP begins?

Name: Lira Lyeodmar
    Type: Student
    Hometown: Sandgem Town

Appearance: Lira has a lean and sturdy build and is quite tough for a girl - she's definitely not the kind to shatter at the sight of a steep hill or a rocky cliff. She has long, silky back hair that falls just past her shoulders. She does not have bangs and her hair falls just around her face. She has exquisite sage green eyes and lightly tanned skin. Usually, she is seen in a simple pale or dark full-colored t-shirt underneath a dark hoodie, and in jeans or loose yoga pants and sneakers. She wears no make up and is clearly not one who is interested in fashion - she wears what she feels comfortable traveling in. She is quite fit and healthy from moving around so often when she trains her pokemon. As a whole, she is rather plain-looking and is not particularly beautiful or appealing. Her face is usually calm and composed in a serene or unruffled expression, and her posture is relaxed and carefree. Occasionally she can be seen wearing her hair up in a pony-tail - she usually ties her hair back before a battle or particularly difficult challenge.

Personality: Calm and enigmatic, Lira has dozens of personas to display to the world. Hardly anyone knows who she really is, as she acts so differently around different people. To most acquaintances and unfamiliars, she is very calm, composed and aloof with an almost distant demeanor. She can also be quite sharp-tongued, cynical or sarcastic, and generally doesn't give you the image of a usual 'soft and squeamish girl'. She marches to the beat of her own drum and doesn't mind to stand out from a crowd. She is always hard to ruffle and anger no matter what, but once someone crosses the line, she can respond with a ferocious temper. Although Lira is not the outgoing kind to brag and boast, she can also be quite proud. This often leads to her refusing to ask for or accept help even when she needs it, and she hates to be humiliated or fail to do something correctly.

However, her hard outer image masks her softer core. To those that know her well, she also has a gentle, sympathetic and understanding side, and is always a shoulder to cry on for her friends when they need her. She can be a tower of strength in a crisis, and can be very determined and unwavering when she sets her heart to something. She can also have a stubborn streak. Because of her enigmatic personality, she is often misunderstood or misjudged by others. Despite the fact that it doesn't appear so, Lira is very alert and aware of her surroundings, highly observant, analytical and an open-minded thinker. She has a unique ability of being able to view the world from others perspectives as well as her own. Lira also has a sly, cunning side. She can be very deceptive, often saying things that have more meaning than one would think, and is excellent at concealing her emotions and lying. However, Lira will not use these abilities without good reason, and is kind at heart.

History: Lira grew up in the quiet town of Sandgem with her mother, father and younger brother. Her life was relatively plain and simple... until her aunt fell ill. She was ten at the time, and after that, her one or both parents were often absent from the house to help look after her aunt. Because of this, Lira often felt resentful, lonesome and abandoned, having to live with a hired care-taker day after day. Because of this, she became cool and distant, rarely letting her true feelings to show through, as she didn't like having to consult a stranger over her parents with her problems and whatnot. However, her one solace was her aunt's pokemon, which she had entrusted in Lira's family's care for the duration of her illness. At first, Lira felt reproachful of having to look after someone else's pokemon, but as she gradually began to bond with them, she came to understand the friendship between a pokemon and its trainer. After that, she became intrigued with the idea of becoming a pokemon trainer, and decided to aspire to become one when her parents allowed her a chance to leave. Because they were away so much, Lira didn't have much of a chance to discuss her ideas with her parents.

However, one day while she was taking her aunt's pokemon out on a walk, she discovered an abandoned Piplup in a damp patch of leaves. Although it was quite sick and injured, Lira took it home with her and nursed it back to health with medicine she purchased from the local Pokemon Center and Pokemart. Up till then, she hadn't had a real chance to be able to embark on her own journey to become a trainer. However, once the Piplup had recovered, she discussed her plans with her parents, and at last they consented to let her sign up for The Ultimate Trainer's Academy so that she could learn to train her Piplup to its best.

Pokémon:

Species: Piplup
    Nickname: Splash
    Personality: Splash is a surprisingly stern and serious pokemon. He can seem rather aloof at a glance, and isn't exactly friendly either. He's the kind of pokemon that takes time to adjust to you and trust you. He is also rather independent, although he trusts Lira. Splash is also strong-willed and determined, and will never give up when he sets his heart to something. He can even border being stubborn when he's determined to do something. Like any Piplup, he's proud and hates accepting help from others or looking foolish. Despite his seemingly cold and aloof exterior, Splash is a warm and loving pokemon on the inside. He is always loyal and reliable to his friends and trainer. However, he reserves his true devotion to his trainer alone, and only displays any warmth or affection for her when alone with her.
    Level: 12
    Moveset: Pound, Peck, Bubble & Bubble Beam

Last edited:

Makbets

Cookie Lover
    Years
  • Name: Ace Black
    Hometown: Sunyshore City

Appearance: He has Black Hair that isn't very long and also isn't very short, and he also has Dark Blue eyes. He is usually wearing white hat on his head, blue jeans, black T-shirt, red jacket which is very thin, Dark Blue trainers and also a dark blue scarf around it's neck. On he's left shoulder is a tattoo of a Legendary Electric Pokemon, that appears to be Zapdos. Sometimes he is also wearing a dark sunglasses. He's Height is 5'6 and he's Weight is 130 lbs.

Personality: He's very nice to all of his friends and Pokemon, but he hates his all of his enemies and all bad people that hurts his friends, family, Pokemon or anyone else. Sometimes Ace acts a little arrongant and mean, even to his friends and Pokemon. Also Ace sometimes acts over confident, that confidence sometimes forces him to lose the Pokemon battle or something else and that makes Ace embarrassed.

Ace loves Pokemon Battles, he will always accept the challenges with his Pokemon - Sparky the Pikachu. They are always the first one's who are going to fight. Sometimes when Ace is losing, he become frustrated, and sometimes that makes him order his Sparky to use Volt Tackle too much, Volt Tackles gives recoil damage and that may force Pikachu to faint and possibly to lose the battle to the opponent.

History: His hometown is Sunyshore City, Sinnoh region. Ace was very happy to live there. He was living there since he was born. Most of his friends are living in Sunyshore too. When Ace was 15 years old, in his birthday, his cousin, Volkner the Gym Leader gave him a baby Pichu as a present, Pichu was Ace's first ever Pokemon, Ace named him Sparky. He and Sparky were a very great partners, they were a very very close friends too.

Ace was battling his cousin, Gym Leader Volkner alot, but Ace was always losing, but Ace knew that the most important thing is to earn expierence. Volkner knew it too, so he recommended Ace and Sparky to go to Crown City's Pokemon Ultimate Trainers Academy. Few weeks later, Volkner was on his way to Crown City's Pokemon Ultimate Trainers Academy to sign up Ace, so he could study and battle there.

Few months later, in a rainy day, Ace was training his Sparky, Sparky was so happy with Ace, so he suddenly evolved into a Pikachu. Ace was very excited and happy at the same time. Same day he got an invitation to Pokemon Ultimate Trainers Academy, so he left his Mother and Father, Brother and Sister, and he was on his way to Pokemon Ultimate Trainers Academy. Before he left, he promised that he will return as a very expierenced trainer, and the first he will do, will be battle for the Gym Badge against Volkner.

Pokémon:
    Spr_5b_025_m.png

Species: Pikachu
    Nickname: Sparky
    Personality: Sparky is very cheerful Pokemon, he hates to stay in his Pokeball so he's always outside. In battles, Sparky always obeys Ace, even if Ace orders him something bad like using Volt Tackle when Sparky is low on health points. Sparky wants to be like Ace so he sometimes is a little arrongant or over confident just like his trainer - Ace Black.
    Level: Lvl 16
    Moveset: Thundershock, Tickle, Thunder Wave, Quick Attack, Charge and Volt Tackle. (Egg move.)

Last edited:

Ducklighter

Years
  • Elixir - Yes, you'll be able to catch more Pokemon but the maximum is three when signing up but you're allowed more. You've been accepted! Great app.

Makbets - You've been reserved.

So, we have six accepted members, so we can start.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • Name: Tyrant Storm
    Hometown: Driftveil City, Unova

Appearence:
    Personality:
    History:

Species: Simipour
    Nickname: Phil
    Personality:
    Moves: Scald, Surf,

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    ((Thanks for accepting me! ^^. So how is the RP going to start off?))

Ducklighter

Years
  • Can I reserve Teacher please? :)

Teacher Trainer? Sure, it's reserved. [=

SU posted in my previous post.

I just read it over. It's a little basic, so could you extend on it a bit more? Thanks.

((Thanks for accepting me! ^^. So how is the RP going to start off?))

No problem. I was thinking about a scene where everyone is just getting to know one another. You could do it in pairs or in groups. I'll start on a post soon enough to start things up.

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    I would like to reserve as a student. If that is unavailable then a civilian.

Ducklighter

Years
  • I would like to reserve as a student. If that is unavailable then a civilian.

A student has been reserved for you.

Edited Post again, Personality, Appereance and History are a little bigger and better. Maybe its not as good as you wanted, but I have a life too you know.

-Makbets.

Um, if you look at all the other sign ups, the quality they have is great and I don't want them to feel cheated when you've really just posted a few lines. Honestly, I don't understand why you're giving me an attitude :/ but you don't have to be on this roleplay if it gets in the way of your life. you've been accepted.

Last edited:

Makbets

Cookie Lover
    Years
  • A student has been reserved for you.

Um, if you look at all the other sign ups, the quality they have is great and I don't want them to feel cheated when you've really just posted a few lines. Honestly, I don't understand why you're giving me an attitude :/ but you don't have to be on this roleplay if it gets in the way of your life. you've been accepted.

Well this rp looks iinteresting, so I want to try it out thought..and thanks for accepting :)
    I will edit my SU later again. And also sorry, I was unable to sleep tonight, and now im in a bad mood. T.T

Last edited:

Ducklighter

Years
  • Well this rp looks iinteresting, so I want to try it out thought..and thanks for accepting :)
    I will edit my SU later again. And also sorry, I was unable to sleep tonight, and now im in a bad mood. T.T

Thank you and it's fine. The RP starts once the thread has been accepted.

Townes

Gentlemanly Hazard...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2011
    Name: Townes Bin Hassan
    (Tow-Ness Bin Has-san)
    Type: Civilian
    Hometown: Orre desert

Appearance:
    Townes has olive-coloured skin and black hair, but it is impossible to see his face at all under his Tagelmust, which is indigo, and worn at all times. He has a short, neat beard, and his eyes are a stormy grey. He usually has a calm, detached expression on his face. His teeth are a healthy off-white, and he speaks with a soft, Arabian accent. His jawline and cheekbones are quite thin, and he has quite a handsome face.

He is fairly tall, and moves with a certain grace and fluidity. His arms reach down to just below his waist, and his legs are long but not gangly. His feet and hands are both perfectly proportioned with the rest of his body, and his nails are finely kept. He stands perfectly upright at all times.

In regards to clothing, Townes always wears traditional Tuareg clothing- his Tagelmust always covers his face in public, so that an onlooker can see only the eyes, and only comes off at home. He wears a Burnous practically all of the time due to the relatively cold temperatures of Sinnoh compared to his native Orre. The Burnous is a beigey-brown all over and his trousers are the same colour. He wears black boots and cotton grey socks.

Personality:
    Townes is a very kind and soft-hearted individual, and he is always willing to help a person in need. He is forgiving and charitable, and very understanding of the problems of other people and he never hesitates to help them. He is very hard-working, and never loses his temper under even the most turbulent of circumstance. His intelligence is very admirable and he uses it just so.

However, he can become extremely preachy towards people who he feels aren't as hard-working or as goodly as him, and he can be seen as very arrogant. His religious beliefs make him seem alien and different and he is fiercely proud of them, and refuses to abandon them under any circumstances. He can be very stubborn in regards to change, and prefers things being the way they are meant to be.

He is very skilled with computers and technology, and an excellent teacher of these subjects. However, his capabilities with Pokemon are very poor, and although he gets on well with his own Pokemon, he has a phobia of others and is often very unwilling to work with them. He loves reading and would rather sit down and read an ancient book than go out with friends- some would say he is the classification of the word introvert.

History:
    Born in Orre to a traditionalist, nomadic family, Townes spent the first years of his life living in Orre's unforgiving desert and moving from town to town. He was discovered as an adpet with technology when he was in Agate City, and was given a place at a boarding school there for his intelligence and capability with academics. He adapted to village life but was always too different from other children to really become one of them. He thrived on knowledge and learning and loved nothing better than listening to long lectures about how things work and why they are the way they are.

On his seventeenth birthday he was given a Nidoran (Male), which he named Hassan, after his father, as a partner and the two became quickly inseparable. He was never driven enough to become a good battler and never particularly like seeing his Pokemon in pain, but he did somehow get his Pokemon to evolve into a Nidorino and by a bizarre twist of fate, his parents sent him a moonstone they had found whilst traveling in the desert. Hassan evolved instantly and became Towne's friend, coworker and heavy-lifter, as well as a contemporary bodyguard, capable of battling without orders, which is why he is so useful to Townes, who is essentially useless at Pokemon battling.

He received a letter from the Pokemon Trainers Ultimate Academy, who had heard of his prowess with computers and technology, asking him to become their primary technician and computer person. He agreed to, and moved to Crown City the following year. He was daunted by city life and he became very scared of most Pokemon after an incident involving an Infernape going ballistic and badly burning his clothes and right arm. But he still works at the academy, and even occasionally gives lessons to students on computers and the proper way to administer technologies to Pokemon- although the latter is very, very rare.

Pokemon:
    Species: Nidoking
    Nickname: Hassan
    Personality: Hassan is the opposite of his owner's calm, serious persona. He's exuberant and playful, and great fun to have around, but never gets annoying to his owner who he appreciates has a difficult and often stressful job. He's smart, but not a genius, and very strong, which is why Townes uses him for heavy lifting, transport, and other physical tasks.
    Moveset: Double Kick, Crunch, Super Fang, Toxic
    Level: 30

if anything isn't right, then please let me know.

Last edited:

Ducklighter

Years
  • Name: Townes Bin Hassan
    (Tow-Ness Bin Has-san)
    Type: Civilian
    Hometown: Orre desert

Appearance:
    Townes has olive-coloured skin and black hair, but it is impossible to see his face at all under his Tagelmust, which is indigo, and worn at all times. He has a short, neat beard, and his eyes are a stormy grey. He usually has a calm, detached expression on his face. His teeth are a healthy off-white, and he speaks with a soft, Arabian accent. His jawline and cheekbones are quite thin, and he has quite a handsome face.

He is fairly tall, and moves with a certain grace and fluidity. His arms reach down to just below his waist, and his legs are long but not gangly. His feet and hands are both perfectly proportioned with the rest of his body, and his nails are finely kept. He stands perfectly upright at all times.

In regards to clothing, Townes always wears traditional Tuareg clothing- his Tagelmust always covers his face in public, so that an onlooker can see only the eyes, and only comes off at home. He wears a Burnous practically all of the time due to the relatively cold temperatures of Sinnoh compared to his native Orre. The Burnous is a beigey-brown all over and his trousers are the same colour. He wears black boots and cotton grey socks.

Personality:
    Townes is a very kind and soft-hearted individual, and he is always willing to help a person in need. He is forgiving and charitable, and very understanding of the problems of other people and he never hesitates to help them. He is very hard-working, and never loses his temper under even the most turbulent of circumstance. His intelligence is very admirable and he uses it just so.

However, he can become extremely preachy towards people who he feels aren't as hard-working or as goodly as him, and he can be seen as very arrogant. His religious beliefs make him seem alien and different and he is fiercely proud of them, and refuses to abandon them under any circumstances. He can be very stubborn in regards to change, and prefers things being the way they are meant to be.

He is very skilled with computers and technology, and an excellent teacher of these subjects. However, his capabilities with Pokemon are very poor, and although he gets on well with his own Pokemon, he has a phobia of others and is often very unwilling to work with them. He loves reading and would rather sit down and read an ancient book than go out with friends- some would say he is the classification of the word introvert.

History:
    Born in Orre to a traditionalist, nomadic family, Townes spent the first years of his life living in Orre's unforgiving desert and moving from town to town. He was discovered as an adpet with technology when he was in Agate City, and was given a place at a boarding school there for his intelligence and capability with academics. He adapted to village life but was always too different from other children to really become one of them. He thrived on knowledge and learning and loved nothing better than listening to long lectures about how things work and why they are the way they are.

On his seventeenth birthday he was given a Nidoran (Male), which he named Hassan, after his father, as a partner and the two became quickly inseparable. He was never driven enough to become a good battler and never particularly like seeing his Pokemon in pain, but he did somehow get his Pokemon to evolve into a Nidorino and by a bizarre twist of fate, his parents sent him a moonstone they had found whilst traveling in the desert. Hassan evolved instantly and became Towne's friend, coworker and heavy-lifter, as well as a contemporary bodyguard, capable of battling without orders, which is why he is so useful to Townes, who is essentially useless at Pokemon battling.

He received a letter from the Pokemon Trainers Ultimate Academy, who had heard of his prowess with computers and technology, asking him to become their primary technician and computer person. He agreed to, and moved to Crown City the following year. He was daunted by city life and he became very scared of most Pokemon after an incident involving an Infernape going ballistic and badly burning his clothes and right arm. But he still works at the academy, and even occasionally gives lessons to students on computers and the proper way to administer technologies to Pokemon- although the latter is very, very rare.

Pokemon:
    Species: Nidoking
    Nickname: Hassan
    Personality: Hassan is the opposite of his owner's calm, serious persona. He's exuberant and playful, and great fun to have around, but never gets annoying to his owner who he appreciates has a difficult and often stressful job. He's smart, but not a genius, and very strong, which is why Townes uses him for heavy lifting, transport, and other physical tasks.
    Moveset: Double Kick, Crunch, Super Fang, Toxic

if anything isn't right, then please let me know.

Everything looks fine to me but you left out the Level of your Pokemon. Please add it and you're accepted! XD

Townes

Gentlemanly Hazard...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2011
    Ah, I see. I thought it was only for students, but ok.

LilCthulhu

Screw the Ruru! I've got money
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Name: Baobab Marsh.
    Type: Professor
    Hometown: Lavaridge Town
    Appearance:

Baobab has a rather pale-white skin. He has black hair with gray sideburns, which is one of the few signs of his age. His beard is gray and rather long, connected to the sideburns and somewhat similar to that of Charles Darwin... or Santa Claus. His eyebrows are also gray, and are rather big. He has a strong jaw that people can notice despite the great beard that covers it. His facial expression always seems to be serious. A little bit angry, actually.

Despite being almost 60 years old, Baobab's face barely has any wrinkle or other mark of oldness. His body also seems rather diferent from someone of that age, with a straight back and somewhat muscular arms, legs and torso. His arms, by the way, are also covered in gray hair.

Baobab wears a lab coat almost all the times. Underneath it, Baobab uses a light brown sweater with a blue rhomb pattern. Underneath that sweater, a white shirt and a red tie. He uses regular, brown pants and black, formal shoes. When reading, Baobab will also use glasses.

Personality:

Baobab is a very strict and serious person. He will not be afraid of failing a student if he or she deserves it, meaning that he has quite a fame of being a hard teacher in the academy. It is very difficult to make Baobab angry, however.

When not in class, Baobab seems a little bit more relaxed, but it will still have a serious look in his face. He has some old-fashioned manners and is allways polite with people. His way of speaking is also rather old-fashioned.

As a man of science, Baobab is also noticeable for questioning most of the things that life has brought to him. Religion, Politics, Economics... he's interested in everything and has a vast knowledge in all those fields, even if he specializes in Pokemon Biology and Evolution. Towards Pokemon he is very kind and knows how to handle even the hardest of the personalities. Sometimes he even seems to like Pokemon more than people

History:

Baobab was born in Lavaridge Town. His mother and father were the former owners of the water springs, before they retired and sold the place to the Pokemon Center. It was there that Baobab started to show an interest in Pokemon Biology. At the age of 10, Baobab captured his first Pokemon. It was a Numel that he encountered by the volcano. They quickly became friends, althought Baobab allways tried to figure out how Numel was able to breathe fire and control it.

As he grew, he also made his team bigger. Grimer, Koffing, Geodude, Slugma, Skarmory, and many other Pokemon that lived arround the area. When his first Pokemon, the Numel he had found, evolved into Camerupt, his fasination for Pokemon grew even more. This time, he was more interested in why and how did Pokemon Evolved.

After catching some more Pokemon, Baobab moved to this campus. Here he studied evolution and biology of Pokemon, and then specialized in how the different species of Pokemon appear. He also grew as a Trainer, making quite a formidable team along the way. He then started to give classes as a Trainer Teacher and moved forward to a Professor.

Pokémon (Up to 3 Maximum):

Species: Camerupt
    Nickname: Old-timer
    Lv: 43
    Personality: Old-timer is rather serious and very hard-working, like Baobab. This could be seen since Baobab first captured it and it's the reason why these two bonded so quickly.
    Moveset: Eruption, Lava Plume, Earthquake, Protect

Species: Drapion
    Nickname: Egypt
    Lv: 41
    Personality: Despite it's macabre and ferocious look, Egypt is a jolly Pokemon with a sweet tooth for cakes. However, it can also be a tough opponent while in battle.
    Moveset: Accupressure, Cross Poison, Venomshock, Crunch

Species: Jolteon
    Nickname: Speeder
    Lv: 36
    Personality: Speeder is very brave, and will not hesitate when fighting. However, it is also very intelligent and will know when to retreat.
    Moveset: Discharge, Volt Switch, Giga Impact, Double Team

Last edited:

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
  • Name: Tobias Conway
    Type: Trainer Teacher
    Hometown: Violet City

Appearance: Tobias is blessed with an effortless, casual grace and appeal which he himself isn't very aware of. He is stereotypically handsome, everything from the perfect smile to the sparkling green eyes. His hair is short, brown and wavy, and sits on his head in a quirky manner. It falls naturally into the style Tobias wears every day, and is much too stubborn to do anything different, despite Tobias' best efforts. He has pale, smooth skin and is completely unable to grow facial hair, making him look as young as some of the pupils he teaches. Tobias is 5'11 and has a slim, toned build, due to his active nature and from travelling with his Pokemon. He wears reasonably fashionable clothes, but is not overly concerned with his appearance. His attire is usually an "indie" style. Although it changes daily, a typical outfit for Tobias consists of dark denim skinny jeans, a pair of low top converse trainers and a grey low-cut tee. Over this he will either wear a faded denim unbuttoned shirt or a plain black jacket. Around his neck, Tobias always wears a chain with a silver pendant which varies between gym badges, his favourite being the one from his home town; the Zephyr Badge.

Personality: Tobias is and always will be a quiet person. He does not like attention from others and will often shy away from large, loud groups, much preferring the company of his Pokemon. This quality adds to his likeability, and certainly makes him more appealing to those he attracts. Tobias is a sweet, caring teacher who is able to relate to his students due to his young age. He loves to teach, and is at his most confident either in the classroom or when with his Pokemon. In any other situation, Tobias can get nervous when talking to people he is uncertain of, and may stumble over his words or say inappropriate things which are poorly thought out. Before teaching, Tobias' only friends were his Pokemon, the only creatures he could ever be himself around since a very young age. After starting at the Academy, Tobias found his love for teaching and has grown to be more sociable as a result of being around students daily. However, he still struggles on a non-professional level, and will often kindly decline the offer of a quiet drink with his fellow teachers to spend time quietly reading or listening to music instead.

Tobias' main concern always is the well-being and concerns of others. This often means he sabotages his own happiness to assist others, making him quite empty when there is nobody around. He has spent so long trying to please others that he finds that he has lost himself on the way, and in his darkest moments he feels that he has no identity, only that of which other people give him. This very rarely bothers him as he is often caught up in teaching his pupils, who have a lot of trust in their teacher. He has a very good relationship with most of his pupils as he can communicate to them through abstract and unconventional teaching methods. His youth is always on his side in the classroom, and will happily play the part of the 'sympathetic ear' to any student with a problem. Despite his shy and unsociable manner, he is very approachable and will help anyone, student, Pokemon or co-worker, in whatever way he can.

History: Tobias was born and bred in a small house on the outskirts of Violet City, to two working class and happy parents. Tobias was an only child and showed great potential from a young age. His parents adored him and the three were very happy together for the first three years of Tobias' life, before tragedy struck. Tobias' father worked in the Ruins of Alph as a scientist, and often took his son to observe the research he did. Although Tobias was much too young to understand his father's work, his parents thought it a good idea to let him see the world of pokemon from a young age. One day when his father was working in one of the chambers, the roof collapsed and fell in. Miraculously, Tobias was unscathed, but his father was crushed to death. The scientists suspected that the mysterious forces of the Ruins had saved Tobias, and his mother told him of the story when he was old enough to understand. This resulted in a great interest in the ruins in Tobias, who researched the mysterious Unknown for years to come.

Needless to say, Tobias' mother was heartbroken. She was a shell of the woman she was before, which of course affected her young son. Tobias led a quiet life and tried not to talk to his peers at Trainer School, much preferring to study alone. His mother grew anxious about her son's communication skills, and so she gave Tobias a pokemon on his fifth birthday. Tobias spent his entire childhood with the Pokemon, and grew up playing along routes 31 and 32. At the age of 12, Tobias' mother was still overridden with grief, and took her life. Tobias hadn't suspected anything, and felt personally accountable for not being of any help. He left home in his grief, and travelled with his Pokemon, vowing to help anyone he could in his mother's name.

Tobias grew up on the road with his Pokemon, battling Gym Leaders, volunteering in Daycare and Pokemon Centres, learning how to care properly for Pokemon and, in short, helping and healing anyone who happened to pass him by. Along the way he passed on his knowledge, but still he refused any offers to stay permanently or to acquire any companions on his journey. His solo act of philanthropy was all he needed, and he never allowed himself to get side-tracked by chasing after goals such as Pokemon Champion and the like. Eventually he felt that helping passers by wasn't enough, and so Tobias searched the regions for a place to reside in and help as many people as he could. When he came across the Academy, he felt he had found his calling. As soon as he was old enough to begin teaching, Tobias applied as a teacher, feeling that this was the most apt way to repay his mother. Here he could both continue his selfless ways and research the mysterious forces of the Ruins of Alph which had once saved his life as a little boy.

Pokémon:

Spr_3e_005.gif

Species: Charmeleon
    Nickname: Alph
    Personality: Alph, just like his owner, doesn't like to socialise with anyone outside of his team. The pokemon is quiet yet determined, but still will fight for anyone who needs assistance. Alph is incredibly loyal and will trust anybody that Tobias does.
    Level: 32
    Moveset: Fire Fang, Flame Burst, Crunch, Return, Shadow Claw, Rock Slide

Spr_3e_065.gif

Species: Alakazam
    Personality: Alakazam is, like most Alakazam, very calm and wise. He prefers to sit and meditate while other Pokemon are playing, but this isn't to say he isn't friendly. Alakazam is a very good judge of character, and will warn Tobias if somebody is not to be trusted. The two have developed a psychic link.
    Level: 28
    Moveset: Psybeam, Disable, Psychic, Protect, Ice Punch, Energy Ball

Spr_3e_148.gif

Species: Dragonair
    Personality: Dragonair is by far the most outgoing of Tobias' team. She is constantly looking for someone to play with, and will often have fun with Tobias' students. Her playful nature is deceptive in battle, as many underestimate her power as a result.
    Level: 30
    Moveset: Thunder, Blizzard, Slam, Dragon Tail, Extremespeed, Surf

Last edited:
    Back