• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Subtitles, ew/yay!

Years
    Well if thing is in a language I don't speak at all (like animes) I prefer to have subtitles (in french or english doesn't matter I'm good with both).
    For english shows, I can deal without subtitles depending how crappy they speak, sometime without subtitles I would understand nothing but I'll usually put english subtitles, I don't really see the utility to put french subtitles because it won't help to understand more what they say in english.
    In french, which is my first language, no subtitles please, ok in some case surronding souds loud and you can barely hear what the person saying but it is rare.

Years
    I tend to have them on for English speaking films that I can understand perfectly anyway for no apparent reason.

When it comes to animé, I always find a dub instead though.

Back