• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suicide.

LunarAngel

Burn And Grow Doragon Kasai!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2008
    suicide

those thoughts annoy me so i just shove where they belong i'm like that if it bothers me and its a thought i never remeber it again.

Suicide is also the cowards way out. by shooting yourself overdosing your basically saying im to weak to go one.

there is one type of suicidal person truly commited to it. and thats the jumper

its easy to put a gun to your head and pull the trigger, swallow some pills, or slit your wrists. you can live from all of those.

but once you jump of that building your done gone you were truly commited to dying

Years
    I in no way see suicide as right.

But let me just talk about a few things first. When someone is in the situation where they seriously contemplate suicide (and aren't just following the trends, or seeking attention), they aren't thinking straight. They can convince themselves as much as they like that they have nothing to be suicidal about, they can forever tell themselves loved ones will suffer, they can dwell on those far less fortunate than themselves for hours.

But it doesn't change anything. When you're in that frame of mind, no matter how hard you try to pull yourself out of it, merely existing hurts. Its not the same sort of pain a starving child feels, nor is it the same kind your feel after 14 hours of labourious work endured every day.

The desire to die can be can be so intense that you can resort to banging your head off a wall until you concuss just to take your mind off the strange internal pain. It's suffocating.

Life is hard. But not everyone can cope the same. Being told that you're weak for not being able to cope can often just make the feeling worse. It can make the desire to end it all, that bit more desireable. It's in the human nature to hesitate, to strive to survive. But when that survival instinct is overridden you know there is something terribly wrong, an unbearable turmoil going on in that person's mind that even they cannot explain to those even closest to them.

As I said, it's not a normal feeling. I don't think its natural. And often, the person doesn't even know what they want to make things better.

Suicide is not the right way out, it does not solve anything. But my opinion on suicide is that there is a lack of understanding of what goes on in these people's minds. The mind of someone who seriously contemplates suicide can be extremely fragile.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    suicide

those thoughts annoy me so i just shove where they belong i'm like that if it bothers me and its a thought i never remeber it again.

Suicide is also the cowards way out. by shooting yourself overdosing your basically saying im to weak to go one.

You obviously have never felt suicidal before.

there is one type of suicidal person truly commited to it. and thats the jumper

See above.

its easy to put a gun to your head and pull the trigger, swallow some pills, or slit your wrists. you can live from all of those.

You can easily die from them too.

but once you jump of that building your done gone you were truly commited to dying

Sorry, but I totally disagree. A mean, it isn't a coward's way out at all. I view it as wrong (which is why I didn't in the first place), but it is by no means a cowardly gesture in some circumstances. some people take abuse and constant suffering.

Does it really metter how you commit suicide? lol no. I mean, I was PRETTY DARN CONVINCED I was gonna commit suicide, and I nearly did. MY method would've been an OD, which with enough pills, is a near guarentee of death. Shooting yourself in the right spot does it too...I mean, does it really matter?

Sorry, I just don't see your point...that's just me...

Years
    Those who are dedicated to committing suicide jump? I must be then, because that's ALMOST how I did it.

I figured no one would care. In fact, I thought there'd be a party. :(

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    I don't believe in suicide. I feel it as giving up. To hell will anybody, any situation, any problems, be enough to make me wanna die. I'm too good for that. Literally, too good. I haven't done anything worth dying over.

I have too much crap that I MUST do before I die, so I ain't ending it short.

If anyone does anything to me to make me wanna kill myself, I ain't goin' down like that. I'll take them out before I go.

As for a painful situation, as said before, I have too much going on to give up now. I HAVE to keep going.

I am also religious, so on top of agreeing with everything jwilso72 said, I throw religion on that as well.

I feel bad to those not strong enough to avoid suicide for an escape.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I don't believe in suicide. I feel it as giving up. To hell will anybody, any situation, any problems, be enough to make me wanna die. I'm too good for that. Literally, too good. I haven't done anything worth dying over.

Yup.

I have too much crap that I MUST do before I die, so I ain't ending it short.

*Hold on, I'll transfer your call* lol

If anyone does anything to me to make me wanna kill myself, I ain't goin' down like that. I'll take them out before I go.

As for a painful situation, as said before, I have too much going on to give up now. I HAVE to keep going.

I am also religious, so on top of agreeing with everything jwilso72 said, I throw religion on that as well.

I feel bad to those not strong enough to avoid suicide for an escape.

I'd agree. I urge anybody seeing suicidal to talk about it. It helps a heck of a lot.

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I will commit suicide

one day.

Ive still got a lot to live for at the moment.

I will only commit suicide when I'm 29-39. Thats what i see as old. Im happy with life so i wouldn't care if i died now.

But i have one big fear and thats growing old, one thing i will not do ever.

My motto is
    "its my life, i can do what i want with it"

If i want to throw it away i will. Its your life to do what you want with.
    I'm a Sort of Buddhist. i believe in the Buddhist beliefs so i shouldn't commit suicide.
    but my life

I wanna do a few things before i die though

1)Climb Mt Everest
    2)Have a reasonable house
    3)Find enlightenment
    4)kill some bull crapping bullies.

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
    I will commit suicide

one day.

Ive still got a lot to live for at the moment.

I will only commit suicide when I'm 29-39. Thats what i see as old. Im happy with life so i wouldn't care if i died now.

But i have one big fear and thats growing old, one thing i will not do ever.

My motto is
    "its my life, i can do what i want with it"

If i want to throw it away i will. Its your life to do what you want with.
    I'm a Sort of Buddhist. i believe in the Buddhist beliefs so i shouldn't commit suicide.
    but my life

I wanna do a few things before i die though

1)Climb Mt Everest
    2)Have a reasonable house
    3)Find enlightenment
    4)kill some bull crapping bullies.

that's no way to end the book, man... besides,.. do want to cause pain to your loved ones solely because you didn't want to grow old with them. since I can't read the emotion in your statement, I hope you were joking.

and in terms of your list of thingw to do, objective 3) should explain that to you....... if you want to kick bullies, as a word of advice, from experience, don't become to bully of bullies, it makes you no better.

Bulletangel, that's a beautiful thing you're doing, reaching out and whatnot. Each person that is hellped can become another person that helps. I'm on the same boat as you in terms of the hand reaching out.... I never turn down to a friend in need, and don't back out until I've made some progress.

and also, guys, I really like where this thread is going, it's very deep, for the most part, and it's great to see people with the right ideals and moral values. All in all, this is a very touchy, very delicate topic.

I think we all know that in some cultures, suicide was acceptable, and it was a form of redemption, to show religious devotion, or to stand for ones beliefs, but all in all, those cultures did have a value for life.... such a cultural belief did not carry over because the value of a life exceeded the social and religious values once held. see, but unfortunately, a serious tragedy or a disturbing event is what causes people to start to understand the value of each breath we take.

I may value my life more-so than others, but it's mainly because in order to help others, you must first take care of yourself... exactly like the way our Heart functions, the first bits of blood being pumped in its beats go right back to the heart... though that is a biological thing, I thing it turns into a good metaphor, at least in my place.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    Zanacross:

I'm honestly more afraid of death more so than life. A lot of people are. The only thing that kept me from committing suicide back when I was about five seconds away from doing so is the fact that I was too afraid. I've been curious my whole life about what happens after death, but I would never waste my life for that.

If you really want to commit suicide one day, be my guest, won't say anything against it. ^-^

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
    Zanacross:

I'm honestly more afraid of death more so than life. A lot of people are. The only thing that kept me from committing suicide back when I was about five seconds away from doing so is the fact that I was too afraid. I've been curious my whole life about what happens after death, but I would never waste my life for that.

If you really want to commit suicide one day, be my guest, won't say anything against it. ^-^

that something on the side... for all we know, it could be sour grapes (think of the Aesop story)...

I'm glad you backed out, we're so young and giving up now is not the way to go. With life, you gotta be headstrong and steadfast, loving and caring. But then again, you can't appreciate what you have the knowledge of what it's like to be without it.

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    im not afraid of death

and i wasnt jokeing eirlyer

i am scared of growing old

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years

Growing old... it's a part of life. Inevitable. Unless of course you do something like that and kill yourself.... I'm sorry that you feel that suicide is the answer. ^^

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
    im not afraid of death

and i wasnt jokeing eirlyer

i am scared of growing old

hey man, I feel you on that one... growing old is scary, especially seeing those around you end up going under the ground...... but it's a part of life... you know...

I feel like I want to be able to see my grandkids and preach to 'em with my endless tales........... but yes, the inevitable is a scary thing to think about....

there is no justice in dwelling upon it either....... that's something that can occur at any time...... it's each moment that you live, that's what should concern you now, man!

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022

Growing old... it's a part of life. Inevitable. Unless of course you do something like that and kill yourself.... I'm sorry that you feel that suicide is the answer. ^^

Like i say i dont want to grow old at all

i know some people ma think of me a selfish but i'd rather die then be old.

also you may think its like ending the book but i see it as starting a new chapter.

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
    we don't know if it really is closing the book or closing the chapter.... and to be honest with, at least I know for sure that I want to read it through.

Back