• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suicide.

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    you have given some very valid points here. but im tierd so im gonna leave this and come back tomorrow.

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
    you have given some very valid points here. but im tierd so im gonna leave this and come back tomorrow.

unfortunately, there's valid points both ways... but I'd rather stick to the end of the spectrum where I still know what's going on, more so than the other side.

have a goodnight, man.

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    "Whenever you're feeling low, just call me. I'll be there for you. And I can hook you up, if you know what I mean." <_<

I good friend told me that once..I still have no idea WTF he meant until I later found out he was some kind of junkie O_O

Anyways, Um..That quote was completely irrelevent, and I have no idea where I was going by saying that just now xD

I've thought of suicide before. Yeah..but alot of people do when they're at a tough point in life. To me, taking your own life is incredibly selfish, especially if it's for some reason that wouldn't imapct you in life anyways. I never acted on my thoughts because I've always had people there to help me through those times. =/

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Okay, I don't like how people are calling Suicide selfish. It is true that when people are thinking of Suicide they're thinking of it because of their own problems and they are thinking of how it'll solve there problems etc.
    But the truth is many of them think everyone else is going to be happier without them around, and they sometimes fail to listen to reason no matter how many times you tell them. Ameoba had an amzing post earlier and it's true that the feeling of wanting to die is overpowering. Broken bones will heal, emotional scars may but there is no time period. There is no 6-8 Weeks. It can take years. I've had a concussion before and at least through that horrible feeling you know it's going to end. You can think to yourself "only 1 more week," or something else. Even if it takes longer it's ussually going to heal. When your emotionally disturbed and depressed there is no date, there's not always a "it'll be better in the morning." Just like having a concussion or other injury, they want it to end but to a suicidal person there is no way out, there is no waking up and feeling better. And if it comes to it, they may start viewing Suicide as a way for it to end, a way for the constant sadness and misery to be over. Suicide is their medicine. It is sad definately, but that's why you have to show them the way out.

Anyone see where I'm trying to go with this, if your trying to help these people you can't be angry adn upset and tell yourself how selfish they are, You have to be positive. How can your "patient" be positive if you yourself arn't in the first place.

Now I do agree, Suicide is by no means a smart thing to do, and you never want to see it happen. It does make me a little angry that people would think of it.
    I've never known a person that's commited Suicide but I do know two that have seriously considered it and there's no way that you can call them totally selfish. What's inside their head is the opinion that matters most, it always will be, no matter who you are, whether you agree with me or not. Now a person's opinion can definately be influenced by another, but in the end it's your own. If they've been telling themselves that Suicide is the best way to solve their own pain for so long, it's going to be hard to chage their mind. This is where I think outside the box thinking is needed.

Evidentally it's up to that person whether they're going to go through with it or not and I think the best thing you can do if you can't lighten their mood is to get them thinking. I'm guessing if you can get them really thinking they can find their own ways too conclusion's that you've been trying to tell them. If they're not going to listen to you, chances are they'll listen to themselves. IT can be more about patience and understanding then just telling them whats right and whats wrong. Because what they think is right might not be what you do.

Now if there is one more thing I'd like to say, it's what I wish they would realise, and I don't mean how they're going to hurt the people around them but how in the end it's not going to make a difference.

Eventually our corpses will decompose and the nutriets in our body will help little acorns and seeds grow into trees that will provide homes and food for insects, birds and other animals. Our fellow human beings of the future will be able to eat thanks to the animals that the tree helped nourish, or fruits directly can be taken and eating. If none of that the wood may be used to create a shelter of the future. See we are life and we ALWAYS will be. Despite everything, your still going to be part of a new growth, a growth of the future.
    You Cannot avoid life so why kill yourself, the people of the past helped aid you and you have the chance to aid the people of the future.

Wow that was long...........I kind of lost track who i was talking to and just said everything/stuff, I even lost track.

Anyways, i personally think Suicide is stupid but not the people who attempt it.

Last edited:

akatsuki9

I will.....EAT YOU!!!!!!!!!™
    Years
    if i would commint suicide if like zanncrosssaid my life i complete
    if i did comitte suicide i would want to go out with a BANG!
    not sitting at my house overdosing
    i would try to get as many peopke as possible to watchme die

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
    But the truth is many of them think everyone else is going to be happier without them around, and they sometimes fail to listen to reason no matter how many times you tell them.

Thank you for saying that; it's very true. I remember lying in hospital after my iron overdose and there were people all around me, worrying about me, coming to see if I was OK. It was only then that I realized just how much I would be missed...

Oh and err...thanks for voting in Motm for me and Richard as your favourite pair ^_^

That is all very well, but when you are feeling truly suicidal you don't care enough about yourself to be thinking about this kind of thing; you just can't wait to go.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years

That's an absoultely horrible thing to say, How can you ever know when your life is complete. I knew my post was too long to read.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Okay, I don't like how people are calling Suicide selfish. It is true that when people are thinking of Suicide they're thinking of it because of their own problems and they are thinking of how it'll solve there problems etc.
    But the truth is many of them think everyone else is going to be happier without them around, and they sometimes fail to listen to reason no matter how many times you tell them. Ameoba had an amzing post earlier and it's true that the feeling of wanting to die is overpowering. Broken bones will heal, emotional scars may but there is no time period. There is no 6-8 Weeks. It can take years. I've had a concussion before and at least through that horrible feeling you know it's going to end. You can think to yourself "only 1 more week," or something else. Even if it takes longer it's ussually going to heal. When your emotionally disturbed and depressed there is no date, there's not always a "it'll be better in the morning." Just like having a concussion or other injury, they want it to end but to a suicidal person there is no way out, there is no waking up and feeling better. And if it comes to it, they may start viewing Suicide as a way for it to end, a way for the constant sadness and misery to be over. Suicide is their medicine. It is sad definately, but that's why you have to show them the way out.

Anyone see where I'm trying to go with this, if your trying to help these people you can't be angry adn upset and tell yourself how selfish they are, You have to be positive. How can your "patient" be positive if you yourself arn't in the first place.

Now I do agree, Suicide is by no means a smart thing to do, and you never want to see it happen. It does make me a little angry that people would think of it.
    I've never known a person that's commited Suicide but I do know two that have seriously considered it and there's no way that you can call them totally selfish. What's inside their head is the opinion that matters most, it always will be, no matter who you are, whether you agree with me or not. Now a person's opinion can definately be influenced by another, but in the end it's your own. If someone's been telling themselves that Suicide is the best way to solve their own pain for so long, it's going to be hard to chage their mind. This is where I think outside the box thinking is needed.
    They need to think long & hard, harder than they ever have. There is no going back.

Evidentally it's up to that person whether they're going to go through with it or not and I think the best thing you can do if you can't lighten their mood is to get them thinking. I'm guessing if you can get them really thinking they can find their own ways too conclusion's that you've been trying to tell them. If they're not going to listen to you, chances are they'll listen to themselves. IT can be more about patience and understanding then just telling them whats right and whats wrong. Because what they think is right might not be what you do.
    Good point. Right & wrong are all subjective. But I'm not patient or understanding enough to care for others problems. Outside from those I care about. Although I take suicide threats serious.

Now if there is one more thing I'd like to say, it's what I wish they would realise, and I don't mean how they're going to hurt the people around them but how in the end it's not going to make a difference.
    Well, I don't fully understand what you mean here, so I'll guess. Once there dead, game over. No second chances, no fixing their problem. I hope their afterlife is better than their current life. According to a christian, it won't be.

Eventually our corpses will decompose and the nutriets in our body will help little acorns and seeds grow into trees that will provide homes and food for insects, birds and other animals. Our fellow human beings of the future will be able to eat thanks to the animals that the tree helped nourish, or fruits directly can be taken and eating. If none of that the wood may be used to create a shelter of the future. See we are life and we ALWAYS will be. Despite everything, your still going to be part of a new growth, a growth of the future.
    You Cannot avoid life so why kill yourself, the people of the past helped aid you and you have the chance to aid the people of the future.
    Ah...so suicide helps us eat? Nice!

Just kidding, I know what you meant, not gonna twist words.

Wow that was long...........I kind of lost track who i was talking to and just said everything/stuff, I even lost track.

Anyways, i personally think Suicide is stupid but not the people who attempt it. Meh, I disagree. Then again, everyone is stupid to me. Cept waffle lovers. (Even though pancakes are 5 times better).

I don't have the patience to edit this quote down. I'll comment on a few things.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Well "Now if there is one more thing I'd like to say, it's what I wish they would realise, and I don't mean how they're going to hurt the people around them but how in the end it's not going to make a difference. " Was just leading into the next part. I was trying to amke it look organizedish.

Ya, there's no going back, but it's about making them realize what tehy're missing, if your just telling them what you think then sometimes it's just like talking to a brick wall. No what I mean?

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Well "Now if there is one more thing I'd like to say, it's what I wish they would realise, and I don't mean how they're going to hurt the people around them but how in the end it's not going to make a difference. " Was just leading into the next part. I was trying to amke it look organizedish.

Ya, there's no going back, but it's about making them realize what tehy're missing, if your just telling them what you think then sometimes it's just like talking to a brick wall. No what I mean?

I understand fully. Unfortunately, I have little patience, & don't like dealing with other people's problems.

Unfortunately, I have much experience helping others. Everybody comes to ME with there stupid little issues. So I could handle a suicide situation pretty good. I hate others.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Well it's probabley because your so mature :P All well once you rule the world that may change. I'd feel honoured if people came to me for that stuff.

Okay we're getting off-topic here, better save this for somewhere else.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    hmm i dont necessarily agree with suicide but i dont believe its my place to tell people its right or wrong
    i have been suicidal at times, but not al that hardcore about

but if any told me they were contimplating it id do all i could to talk them out of it

Romance Hero

문법의 경찰!
    Years
    I think I go through at least one near-death account everyday, I don't fear death, I've been dead before, too many times that I don't rely on accidents to kill me anymore. I'd walk through heavy traffic, most of the time. But I never intentionally wanted to kill myself.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    I don't agree that it's the right solution, but I don't judge anyone who commits it, especially as I've made attempts myself. There are always different options, even if they aren't exactly clear; and a better thing is bound to come along, which may be clichéd, but it's also true. Suicide is an immediate way out -- it's also permanent.

The way society views mental illness in particular probably helps contribute. :/ The systems really do suck.

I also believe that no one truly wants to die; it goes against the core instinct to survive at all costs. I think it's more that people don't want to live that's the problem.

Its sad that kids are feeling suicidal. If you asked me, id say child suicide is for attention.

Children cannot comprehend pain and hurt strong enough to cause suicidal urges.

That is the biggest piece of BS about suicide I've heard in a long while, and I've heard a lot, really. Children are just as capable of feeling pain -- just as much, perhaps even more, because they're not better-equipped to deal with their problems in a lot of cases. Adults have problems that may seem bigger, but that's relatively -- to a child, which is immature by comparison, their problems are just as big.

Although it can always just be a reaction to what they see on TV/around them, some children do it seriously. Some are abused. Some are mentally ill or chemically imbalanced.

Quit your judgment.

Also, mental illnesses are very real -- your backwards-thinking is just an example of the ideology that has cost society many lives, minds, etc. since the beginning of time.

Last edited:

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I believe Suicide is a very serious matter.

I've been suicidal and took a knife and almost stabbed myself, but I thought about what I still have left in this world and dropped the knife.

Anyway, Yeah Suicide is the quickest way out of a Tight spot, but it is the worst. Stress builds up on you to think these things.

Anyway, I agree to what Kylie says that a Kid's suicide and pain could be comparable to any other person's suicide.

Persona

Banned
    Years
    I have known many people who have tried and failed or succeeded because of long standing issues that ground into them like nails. I find that no amount of counseling in the world will save such a person. A relative of mine is an example. He simply became tired of life, of all aspects of life, from working, paying the bills, relationships, leisure, and the whole world in general. According to the note he left behind, everyday of his life was a slow punishment for nothing. I reminisce of the the many times he discussed this issue with the family, and there really was nothing anyone could have done for him. Basically, he had no desire to live because life to him was utterly pointless and predictable to its core.

I have little to no faith in psychology, as I have witnessed people getting hurt by it more than helped. Counseling isn't always the solution, and I assume a lot of psychologists don't know half of what they think they know about the human mind. This is why suicide laws are so uninformed, and a waste. In my opinion, the only time suicide should be prevented, is if the act is endangering those around the person; activities of which endanger others directly. If a person alone decides to hang themselves, shoot themselves, while if they fail these attempts, I do not believe they should be locked up in jail. They are neither insane, nor criminals. In fact, a lot of people who failed in their suicide attempts were quite lucid and they eventually had a strong grasp on reality. I'll continue to wonder why suicide is considered illegal. Is it perhaps the fact that our own society refuses to face the problem it has created? Is illegal suicide simply a pill our whole system feeds us and punishes those of who are failures because it exposes a deeper, unhappier truth?

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    Counseling isn't always the solution but it can help immensely. My first was a great help to me. My second made me spiral back into negative thoughts, so I quit going. Some counsellors just suck. My Mom has a sucky one at the moment. She's just out of university and doesn't know crap about anything because she lacks the life experience to back it up. Oh, well. *shrug* In every field there are insightful people and people who need a different job.

The law is ostensibly there to protect the interests of the people, and suicide isn't exactly in the interests of the physical safety of an individual, but I have no comment about what the law really does. Start and everyone will just go on about OPPRESSIN' THE PPLZ and listen to their crap music. [/whine]

Back