• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suicide.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Amachi's post way the heck at the beginning of this thread wins, as far as I'm concerned. Suicide is a permanent fix to a temporary problem.

I don't care what you're going through. There is nothing on earth bad enough for suicide to be the only answer.

The post above me brings up an interesting point, that not everyone knows who to talk to. I'll personally say that anyone can PM me any time if they want or need to talk. I may not know what to do, but I'll always at least listen.

~Crystal Entei~

If that is what you wish
    Years
    I actually considered it once,just because I thought about how tough life was going to be when I got older.I thought there was no way in heck I was going to survive the real world and 'why go through all of that if I just end it now?'Well it's not like I'm some all-knowing being that just knows my life will suck when I get older.I'm completely clueless so then I was like,'you know what,screw it'.Finally,my opinion on suicide is DON'T DO IT.Live life to the fullest and enjoy it while you can.

Sunset

Ka-kaw!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2007
    Suicide is simply a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
    That's my take on it.

Allen-kun

Banned
    Years
    Hmm.. Suicide.

I don't like the idea of it, infact I depise all those who have done it or consider doing it.

Suicide is just a easier way out of life.

Life can be cruel sometimes, but others still go on with it. Suicide is just for people who can't hack it. They need to grow up. If they need help or something, get it, don't just take matters into their own hands. I'm sure friends and family can help. And if they don't have any, then talk to a psychiatrist or something.

To die should be done naturally, like old age or something.

And I guess if it comes to it, dieing by accident is a better way than suicide....

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Hmm.. Suicide.

I don't like the idea of it, infact I depise all those who have done it or consider doing it.

Life can be cruel sometimes, but others still go on with it. Suicide is just for people who can't hack it. They need to grow up. If they need help or something, get it, don't just take matters into their own hands. I'm sure friends and family can help. And if they don't have any, then talk to a psychiatrist or something.

And I guess if it comes to it, dieing by accident is a better way than suicide....

Ah, I really wish YOU would grow up. It isn't an "easier way out of life." People, like me at one time, wanted to commit suicide because there is probably something VERY cruel going on. It has nothing to do with if we can or can't "hack it." Not at all.

And I guess you despise me now. I really wish when people posted they'd realise how serious people are about this when they post these oh so inconsiderate comments. Read Sorano's post, it's 100%correct. But wow, that makes me sick, sorry.

Just because I almost committed suicide doesn't make me someone to "despise" or dislike by any means. *Sigh*

Years
    Hmm.. Suicide.

*sigh* Fine then. Despise me. I had a good reason for wanting to commit suicide.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    *sigh* Fine then. Despise me. I had a good reason for wanting to commit suicide.

Well, yeah. It's just totally unfair to hate people for what they're going through.

And BTW, it's VERY hard to admit how you're feeling, you get afraid of people thinking bad things about you and that kind of stuff. It's not like people go, "Hey, I want to commit suicide! Time to see the doctor!" Um, it doesn't work that way.

Again, people have their reasons. Perhaps not jumping to such unfair conclusions would be a good idea. Sorry for going through a lot, but not everybody is good at handling adversity, and sometimes it is a situation that even very strong (emocionally of course) people have difficulty overcoming.

I don't endorse suicide by any means, but it's not like people are just heartless and idiotic for doing it-people have their reasons. It isn't the right thing to do obviously, but some people don't know that and people have to understand that.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I've been suicidal before and I do think it's pathetic. I despise myself for even thinking of it. Despising others, well usually no because there is always someone having it far more worse than I am so maybe that seems like a good option to them. But even if they had a million good reasons, it's still pretty pathetic. You don't ever get anywhere by running from your problems. You'd just bring more problems aka your loved ones dealing with your loss and paying for a funeral. :/

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2008
    I was so close... So close... Too close...

No, how could taking your own life be a right option? How bad can your life be to do what drug lords and madmen do every day? Killing yourself is no different to killing a young child.

It is wrong, what those people need are help, not bitterness... The pain they go through is undescribible... But you've got to hang in there, if not for yourself, then for the ones who care about you.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I haven't been suicidal. To answer the first question, I think it's.. Well..

Allen-kun

Banned
    Years
    Ah, I really wish YOU would grow up. It isn't an "easier way out of life." People, like me at one time, wanted to commit suicide because there is probably something VERY cruel going on. It has nothing to do with if we can or can't "hack it." Not at all.

And I guess you despise me now. I really wish when people posted they'd realise how serious people are about this when they post these oh so inconsiderate comments. Read Sorano's post, it's 100%correct. But wow, that makes me sick, sorry.

Just because I almost committed suicide doesn't make me someone to "despise" or dislike by any means. *Sigh*

Eh, okay. I guess using the word depise is kinda taking it a bit fair..

But what I meant was I don't really understand why people try to be suicidal.

People see the word differently, I see my world as a place where killing myself is out of the question and no matter what I will overcome whatever tries to break me down.

I understand that I haven't been through the lives of other peoples, so I can't imagine how hard it is for them.

I'm sorry if my post has offended anyone is anyway.

I will next time, think before I post something again that will upset others.

Rekkage

Creepy, Indeed.
    Years
    I can't say that I've ever been depressed enough to be suicidal, but I have several friends who have been very close to committing suicide, and a lot of the comments posted here could be seen as hurtful, although that's probably not intentional. I understand that a lot of you are saying that it is selfish, and that people should consider the effect of their death on friends and family, but when I was depressed, it seems like there's nobody there who cares about you. I felt completely alone, and I wasn't suicidal, so I hate to imagine how pained someone who is suicidal must feel.

While I don't think suicide is the right way of dealing with things, nor do I agree with branding people who are suicidal 'losers' and whatnot. Anyone who feels like ending their life seriously needs help from somebody - even those who are just saying it for attention. I think people should be more sympathetic towards people who are suicidal, even if they can't understand the reasons behind someone feeling so low, instead of calling them names.

But that's just my two cents on the topic; it's one that I have very strong opinions on, so I apologize if I've just come across as a total idiot.

Godot

That's one of my rules.
    Years
    I seriously thought about committing suicide only once... because I have lost two friends in the past three years, and I thought it was me or something... I don't even remember but I pulled back because of my other friends.

Back