• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suicide

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I couldn't find a thead on this.

Hm.. to generate some discussion:

I think that suicide is selfish. Why? Because that person has at least one person who cares for them. By taking their life, they are also taking a loved one/friend from that person. They are only taking into account what they feel, and not others.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Uh what. No human deserves to die, even if they did bad things.

...Yes even Hitler had rights to live, kind of, even though he did go with suicide, so yeah.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    What? That's ridiculous! There's some people out there... who would be doing the world a great favour by killing themselves.
    I know a girl who messed up three friendships in a single day. She's such a selfish brat... and she's such a burden on everyone's lives that it would be a great help if she killed herself.

I don't really know what to say that. I guess that I am sorry you feel that way. Her death would surely be no great help. There would be those who would miss her. If the friendships got messed up, they surely weren't strong enough. Wishing someone's suicide is dastardly thing, be careful what you wish for.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    And if that girl I was talking about is me?

Hon, if that girl is you, then... well.. it is you? People care about you, despite what you may think. In my darker days, I believed in this. "Tomorrow will be better, I will live for tomorrow." Seeing as how tomorrow never does come, I always had hope that it would be better, and waited.

Hope. People with hope tend to stray away from suicide.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    What's the point of hope? I've learned at a young age that hope does nothing. Especially when one is as pathetic as me.

I am no angel that will whisk you away from thinking those darker thoughts :/. I can offer guidance, it is your job to listen or ignore it.

Years
    When I hear anyone say that suicide is a selfish act because someone always loved the person who commits suicide I get annoyed and a little angry.

Does everyone always know they're loved? Is it always a person's fault if they feel unloved or alone?

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    When I hear anyone say that suicide is a selfish act because someone always loved the person who commits suicide I get annoyed and a little angry.

Does everyone always know they're loved? Is it always a person's fault if they feel unloved or alone?
    No, not everyone does know they are loved. If they feel unloved or alone, that is possible. But, people should know that there is always someone there. Even if it is hard to understand that or realize, it is true. Also, no one can really help them if they keep their feelings shut in. You don't even have to love the person, just care about them they way regular people should care about each other. I don't really know if I answered your question there, or countered it, but I tried.

Akarei Yorume

His servant forever... <3
    Years

I agree with you completely. Some people, for some reason, have no idea that people actually care about them.
    That doesn't mean it's their fault. So how can being suicidal be selfish if the person really truly believes that it is better that way?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It's selfish cause it's taking away from the economy though :(

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I don't mean to sound blunt, but: If someone doesn't believe that at least one person cares about them, they are quite foolish.

I agree with you completely. Some people, for some reason, have no idea that people actually care about them.
    That doesn't mean it's their fault. So how can being suicidal be selfish if the person really truly believes that it is better that way?
    In case you don't believe that someone cares, listen to this. I care.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    xD That made me giggle.

On the topic's note, I think that suicide is totally ok. If you want to die, go right ahead. It's your life, why should any of us stop you? After all, we shan't be selfish and beg them not to go just because WE want them to, we need to think of what they want.
    It may be your life, but your action will have strong, permanent effect on others.

Oh? And how could you care? You don't even know me, you don't even know what I've gone through.

I expected that you would say this. I might not care on a super deep level, but you are human being. And for that reason, I care. Also, take a look at your signature. All those blue links on the bottom lead to the profile of someone else that cares about you.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    If you really think that lowly of yourself and everyone around you, and on here, then maybe you don't deserve for us to care. Just saying.

Don't encourage someone thinking of killing themselves, please. :(

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    And? It's selfish to try and get them to stay alive just because you don't want them to be gone.
    My life is my property. I have the freedom to do what I want with it.

Read my above post. I could continue on with this, but there is no point. Chew on this. Suicide is a one time thing. There is no going back, once it is done it is done. You will be gone for good, forever.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years

Don't encourage someone thinking of killing themselves, please. :(

I'm not encouraging them at all. I've just seen this a number of times, and people always play the "nobody really knows me, and no one truly cares, but still pay attention to me" card. In my experience, it's all about attention. If I'm wrong in this scenario, then so be it. But life is harsh, so if you can't deal with it in real life, why are you looking on the internet for sympathy?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm not encouraging them at all. I've just seen this a number of times, and people always play the "nobody really knows me, and no one truly cares, but still pay attention to me" card. In my experience, it's all about attention. If I'm wrong in this scenario, then so be it. But life is harsh, so if you can't deal with it in real life, why are you looking on the internet for sympathy?

Then pretty much instead of reverse psychology, you should've talked about suicide in general then. Though ignoring something doesn't make the problem go away.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020

There's also failed suicide attempts, too.
    That is not suicide, suicide is accomplishing the act.

So? If it's for the better... besides, if I don't deserve to be cared about... I might as well be dead anyway.
    Tinhead bruce has not right to determine what you do and don't deserve.

BUUUUUUT

This is getting a little out of hand. Although you have given some things to discuss, the thread was not built to debate over your issues. So, if I may, I kindly ask you to leave the attitude you currently have at the door.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    That is not suicide, suicide is accomplishing the act.

Yeah but still, attempting to suicide is sort of similar, since in both cases the person is thinking of killing themselves, so attempting and failing sort of counts - the only difference is if it happens.

..I forgot my original point >>;

Back