• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

'Sup

Years
    Greetings. I am Roko, an eccentric nineteen year old college sophomore with an overactive imagination. I joined this forum to meet Pokemon fans, specifically fans of Team Rocket.

Generally, I am a fan of the Kanto and Orange Islands Pokemon sagas. I am not overly fond of the show from Johto onwards, but there a few episodes from Johto and beyond that I like, such as "Training Daze" from Pokemon Chronicles (which happens to be my favorite Pokemon episode).

I have read Toshihiro Ono's Pokemon manga series. I like it and think that it is superior to the anime in some respects, such as the way Ash and Misty's characters are written (they are actually likable in the manga) and the way in which Ash and Gary cease disliking each other (they do not become overly friendly buddy-buds like in the anime. Instead, they become friends who will occassionally challenge and poke fun at each other, which is more realistic given their history with one another).

I have played Pokemon Red, Pokemon Yellow, Pokemon Gold, Pokemon Crystal, and Pokemon Ruby. I like all of them. In particular, I love Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Crystal. The second generation Pokemon games are truly the best.

I am actually considering creating my own Pokemon novel series combining elements of the anime, Ono's manga, and the games. I do not know when I will get my project underway, as I am currently busy with college and writing my original novel series, Trenio Chaos. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World is also coming out next week, and I know I am going to be investing a lot of time playing it.

Well, I am going to begin posting. See you guys around the forum.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Welcome to PC~ Just be sure to read the rules and FAQ, and ask anyone any questions you have that aren't answered in the FAQ. But I'm sure you knew that already, correct?

Eh, your intro. wasn't too long (I've seen longer). Gives people a chance to know you on your first post. Second gen. games were best, I must admit~

Hawkfish

I'm a fishy
    Years
    Hi and welcome to PC Roko. And trust me your intro was not too long. There is no such thing as a intro that is too long. It gives a inside to what the person who is introducing one's self likes.
    It's only to long when your outside on inauguration day and you take hours for your enormous speech. Till' the point you get sick and croak of.. nvm my ramblings. xD

Sounds

Attrapez les tous!
    Years
    Hi and welcome to PC Roko. And trust me your intro was not too long. There is no such thing as a intro that is too long. It gives a inside to what the person who is introducing one's self likes.
    It's only to long when your outside on inauguration day and you take hours for your enormous speech. Till' the point you get sick and croak of.. nvm my ramblings. xD

Lol I didn't even make an intro when i joined here
    welcome to PC dude

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Very impressive introduction there, Roko. It was most certainly not too long at all. In fact, most of us regular welcome-people rather enjoy the longer introductions as it gives us a chance to get to know you much better than a simple "hello".

Personally, I did enjoy Johto as well as Kanto and the Orange Islands, but that's where the anime really ceased for me. I just couldn't get into it after Johto as it felt like it changed a little to much for the worse.
    (It no longer had those same emotions the first seasons had, am I right?)

It's always nice to greet another fan of the second generation games, Roko! The G/S/C saga was truely the best of them all. The storyline was just so interesting and the region was very detailed.
    (Hey, check out the Metal and Color Generation Games if you want a blast of nostalgia. ;D)

I'm sure we would all love to read part of your novel right here at the community. Since it would be considered "fan fiction" you could post it over in the Pokemon Fan Fiction and Poetry section for everyone to read and rate. Your speech sounds very distinguished indeed; I'm sure your story would do well over there if you so wish to make it public.

Well, I suppose that wraps up my welcome as I don't want to annoy you further.
    (Long introductions are good; Long welcomes are bad. xD)

Hope you enjoy the forums and your game when you receive it. I shall see you around the forums indeed, Roko.

Take care.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Ohhh. An older person. :D Welcome to PC!

I'm sure you can find plenty of Team Rocket fans over in the Team Rocket Fanclub! You'll find all our members that love Team Rocket there and can discuss everything you want concerning Team Rocket. :D

And I see you're a fan of writing and are almost finished with a novel series, so feel free to post it in the Other Writing forum. :D I'm the mod over there and it's always great to see new members posting excellent works.

Glad to have someone with your intellect on the forum. Feel free to drop me a PM or VM with any questions or if you just want to talk. :]

Years
    'sup. Welcome to PC. Stick to the rules, and don't post something without backing it up (if you are in the Strategies and Movesets section, that is ^^)

KenJThomas

Pokémon RP tutorial writer.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2008
    Hello Roko,

I am a fan of Team Rocket to some extent as well.

I believe the pokémon anime slowly but surely went down hill as time went on. It's true that there is an episode now and again that's worth while, but it has become rather formulaic and the voices as well have generally degenerated. Manga series do tend to be better than their anime counter parts, I don't think they are censored nearly as much. Sticking closer to the authors original intent and vision.

I have watched, read, and played as much of the pokémon material I have encountered as possible, it's mostly research however (not that I don't enjoy it on occasion) as I hope to have a pokémon RP in the future. It's taking a considerable amount of time and work as I want to be fully prepared. Particularly since it would be my first time GM'ing over the internet via a forum.

I am taking college courses on-line and I am always working towards my own projects.

Do you draw as well as write?

I spend most of my free time that's on forums on PC working on my Un-Official Pokecommunity Guide to RP's.

Perhaps I will see you around, though it's more likely if you end up in the Pokémon Roleplay, Pokémon Roleplay Lounge and the Art Gallery areas.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Roko's modern life…
    Oh nice avatar you have there, cute. I personally am not a fan of the anime any more though I still watch the movies. xD;

Pfft, it's all about yellow and getting that blob to follow you around everywhere. =D

Enjoy the creative writings section of the forums and have fun and such.

Back