• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Singles 50 wins... Challenge Completed!

Years
  • Finally I did it!!! Now I can complete my Pokedex... Yes my priorities aren't in the right place but whatever... I did it!

So for all of you trying to beat it (and also for the ones who already did it too, I know I'm not the first one, but I'm really happy!) I'll show you my team, maybe it will help you:

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
    Ability: Sand Veil
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Crunch

Pyukumuku @ Leftovers
    Ability: Innards Out
    EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Recover
    - Toxic
    - Soak
    - Protect

Metagross @ Metagrossite
    Ability: Clear Body / Tough Claws
    Jolly Nature
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    - Bullet Punch
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Meteor Mash
    - Hammer Harm

Note: Every Pokemon has competitive IV's.

Pyukumuku defeated Red alone. I love it.

proof:
    Spoiler:

Edit: Grammar;

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Oh, that's pretty good, nice job

Why Crunch on Garchomp though?

Years
  • Why Crunch on Garchomp though?
    Well it was supposed to be Fire Fang, but I chose Crunch instead to eliminate Ghost types like Gengar, Mega Banette and Dusknoir that were a threat to Metagross. Garchomp's Earthquake deals well with Steel types specially if you have time to do a Swords Dance first.

Years
  • That's pretty great! I never knew Pyukumuku would be THAT great of a pokemon. I really like this team, so Imma try it now! Well, at least the mega Metagross.

Years
  • Good luck! And yeah when I first saw Pyukumuku never thought that one day he would be in my Battle Tree team. He looks like a weak mon but he's amazing!

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • A Yache Berry on Garchomp does seem like an excellent idea due to the Ice types and random ice beams that pop up. I'm struggling to pick a Mega with what's available so may try Metagross.

Congratulations on getting 50 straight wins. :)

Years
  • CONGRATS! I'm definitely looking into a Pyukumuku now.
    Thanks! I can guarantee he won't disappoint!

How well did the Pyukumuku work out? Did it carry its weight?
    It's a nice cover to Garchomp, it can take ice moves like it was nothing. Also, against Pokemons like Lapras that have thunderbolt and Ice Beam, all it had to do was toxic - protect - switch to Garchomp (thunderbolt doesn't affect) - switch back to Pyukumuku (Ice Beam makes poor damage) - protect and by now the enemy Pokemon would be dead or have low HP.
    An alternative would be switching to Metagross and use Meteor Mash on a Ice Pokemon, but I always tried to avoid using Metagross so I could have it Full HP in case there was an emergency .

A Yache Berry on Garchomp does seem like an excellent idea due to the Ice types and random ice beams that pop up. I'm struggling to pick a Mega with what's available so may try Metagross.

Congratulations on getting 50 straight wins. :)
    Thank you!
    I chose Metagross because it can take hits and has really good attack and speed stats. I tried to use Lucario first, but it would die with just an attack and that's not what I needed.

Edits:
    1) Grammar;

Last edited:

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • It's a nice cover to Garchomp, it can take ice moves like it was nothing. Also, against Pokemons like Lapras that have thunderbolt and Ice Beam, all it had to do was toxic - protect - switch to Garchomp (thunderbolt doesn't affect) - switch back to Pyukumuku (Ice Beam makes poor damage) - protect and by now the enemy Pokemon would be dead or have low HP.
    An alternative would be switching to Metagross and use Meteor Mash on a Ice Pokemon, but I always tried to avoid using Metagross so I could have it Full HP in case there was an emergency .

Wow thats really interesting. How long would each battle take approximately?

And how did that Yache berry work out? Were you missing a Choice Scarf or Choice Band or Life Orb?

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Thank you!
    I chose Metagross because it can take hits and has really good attack and speed stats. I tried to use Lucario first, but it would die with just an attack and that's not what I needed.

Edits:
    1) Grammar;

I've got a Shiny Mega Lucario in Gen 6 and as powerful as it is it can't take a hit. Not ideal with Focus Sashes being everywhere in the Battle Tree. :(

Whilst Pyukumuku seems a bit too defensive for my liking (Seems to be a Water Shuckle) I could try adding a Bulky Water to my Battle Tree team. Unfortunately the ones I want to use are either tricky to get (Milotic) or locked until the Bank opens. (Jellicent, Mega Blastoise). I could use Slowbro though.

CurtisS2013

"Nothing is worth doing, unless you give your best
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    Grats sir, personally...I'm still in the process of getting a Battle Tree team together.
    At the moment, I'm looking at using:
    -Garchomp
    -Mimikyu
    -Metagross
    However, still breeding to get the apporiote Pokemon.

Years
  • Wow thats really interesting. How long would each battle take approximately?

And how did that Yache berry work out? Were you missing a Choice Scarf or Choice Band or Life Orb?
    The time of each battle depends on the enemy's team, the ones who let you use Garchomp's Swords Dance it's pretty quick since it can 1KO almost everyone. However on bulky teams sometimes I had to wait for PP's to run out (pretty boring!) on enemy's team. I used all my PP UP on Pyukumuku, was worth it.

Yache Berry was my 1st choice, I don't like Choice items and Garchomp doesn't need Life Orb draining it's HP if it can Swords Dance. So yeah, the berry work out pretty well specially against surprise ice attacks (Blissey's Ice Beam and a few more I do not recall).

Whilst Pyukumuku seems a bit too defensive for my liking (Seems to be a Water Shuckle) I could try adding a Bulky Water to my Battle Tree team. Unfortunately the ones I want to use are either tricky to get (Milotic) or locked until the Bank opens. (Jellicent, Mega Blastoise). I could use Slowbro though.
    I love Jellicent! I have a competitive one in my ORAS game, can't wait for bank to update. As for Mega Blastoise never tried it to be honest, is it worth it?

Years
  • Grats sir, personally...I'm still in the process of getting a Battle Tree team together.
    At the moment, I'm looking at using:
    -Garchomp
    -Mimikyu
    -Metagross
    However, still breeding to get the apporiote Pokemon.
    Mimikyu it's a strong Pokemon, I have one too but I couldn't find a good combination to him. Never tried it with Garchomp and Metagross tho. I hope that works too!

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I love Jellicent! I have a competitive one in my ORAS game, can't wait for bank to update. As for Mega Blastoise never tried it to be honest, is it worth it?

Jellicent is a great Pokemon. I prefer the Female design and I had one in my PWT Champion winning team. (Along with a Garchomp and Shiny Reuniclus)

I haven't used Mega Blastoise a lot as even though it is my favourite water starter I am not a huge fan of its Mega design. It is super bulky though. The Megas I normally use (Gardevoir and Sceptile) are unavailable even post bank. :(

Talking of bulk I tried a Mandibuzz in the Battle Tree and it worked very well. I gave her a Rocky Helmet and watched as Physical Attackers killed themselves as I roosted off the damage.

So when Bank comes out (Hopefully soon) I'm planning of going with either:

Garchomp with Yache Berry
    Mandibuzz with Rocky Helmet
    Blastoise with Blastoiseite

or

Garchomp with Yache Berry
    Female Jellicent with Leftovers
    Venusaur with Venusaurite

Back