• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. 4 (Wii-U and 3ds)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
  • I'm going to be honest. I had a tiny nerdgasm the second I saw this thread. I'm not so sure how I feel about it being on the 3DS as well, but the Wii-U I am extremely excited for, and I just can't wait to see what characters they will have.

If they bring in more badasses like Sheik and Falco and Pikachu, then I will be first in line to buy the Wii-U and the game, no matter what the price.

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • I also wonder sweeties if they will add any more 3rd party characters or make it strictly a Nintendo affair.
    well with nintendo looking at getting at more 3rd party support with both the 3ds and wii u, i would say its pretty likely that they would get some other characters. other than konami and sega, i would say it would be pretty likely to see representatives from square enix and capcom, just because they both have strong lines with nintendo. i can see somebody from dragon quest and megaman making an apearance...
    also they better have a new controller to play this if they're not going to have cube support. while classic controllers are good, if i wanted to do 4 player with friends i would need 4 wii motes and 4 classic just to play smash bros, which is ridiculous considering the price. i wouldn't mind a classic controller that goes directly to console, wired or wireless but if they keep it as it is, alot of people will rage.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • Suck it hasn't been developed yet :/.
    But hey, it will be epic. If I do get a Wii U, or a 3DS, I'm sure I'll pick this up when it is released :D. Atleast its in their planning state. :3

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • Let's hope it will be as easy to hack as Brawl is. That's half the reason why I'm still playing it. It's so much fun to put in new characters, stages, and music.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Heh, well I'm not too sure about the hacking, since I've never tried it, I've just enjoyed how it was made.

I am pretty much looking forward to this game. I'm not too sure yet weather I'll buy it on the 3DS or the Wii U though, since I am sure I will be getting the Wii U eventually.

I hope it'll be done, at least by 2013. xD

West the Hardcore Nerd

Giggles at the ghosties!
    Years
  • BY WHATEVER MEANS NECESSARY, GET MEGA MAN IN THERE

/capslock

If they do add another third-party character, Mega Man seems like the most likely candidate. Sakurai has expressed interest in getting a Capcom character in there, and Inafune has gone on record of saying that he would put Mega Man in Smash Bros. in a heartbeat if asked... Unfortunately, now that Inafune has quite Capcom, that's up to others, now. I think they should limit themselves to only one new third-party character if possible, though. If that. After all, there's no assurance that Konami and Sega are going to allow Snake and Sonic to be in this fourth game. They probably enjoy the marketing their series are getting, though, so I don't see why they wouldn't maintain their licensing rights...

Droidz

¬‿¬
    Years
  • Well even though it may be years before this is released im still pretty excited. For both the handheld and console version. I hope they dont do another Subspace Emissary, or at least do another and not make it so repetitive.

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
  • I will definitely buy it for 3DS and Wii U eventually. I've always been a fan of SSB so there's no way I won't get it.

The only characters I've thought about they could add were Megaman and Bomberman (Megaman is more likely lol). Other than them, they will probably add somebody from a game that will be released around that time. (maybe someone from LoZ: Skyward Sword or something like that)

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • i think and am hoping that they will make huge version differences. if they want people to purchase both versions then they can't be the same game.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I read this on a youtube comment, but I actually think it's a great idea.

They should add stages in SSB4 for N's castle and DragonSpiral Tower. Like the spear pillar, they could have Zekrom in N's castle with N standing in front of it commanding to use attacks to effect the stage, and in dragonspiral tower there could be reshiram. Just an thought/idea...

Dragonite's Wrath

Dragons are my Heart and Soul
    Years
  • I doubt they would put Mega Man or Bomberman in the next Smash Bros. Mega Man might (never played the series, so just a guess) have enough moves to fill up the move controls(B-up, A- Left) But what would Bomberman have? Bombs. Thats it. there's three characters with bombs already. (Toon)Link and Snake. Snake and Sonic will make a return. I know Sonic will, since he's the fastest character in the game. I'm hoping Shadow will be in the next one. And dont anybody say they'll play exactly the same, because there's Ness and Lucas, Mario and Luigi and Fox, Falco and Wolf. The only difference is either one attack, or the attack is a little different, like Fox/Falco/Wolf's blaster and PK Fire and PK Thunder. Shadow would have Chaos Spear as his B-attack, and all of his awesome skills. He's already an Assist Trophy, so that means Nintendo was thinking about making him a playable Character, but only put Sonic in and made him an Assist Trophy. Tails would most likely come in next, or Knuckles.
    They better keep my Lucario in the game. Put Mewtwo back in too. They're basically the same. Only difference is Mewtwo's just a light-weight. Gets thrown off easy. Final Smashes better stay.
    I'm thinking that in the 5th one, if it gets that far, they'll have every character that was ever a usable character back in. And every stage that was in the Smash Bros series would be back. I love Dream Land. On the Original Smash Bros, it was my favorite stage.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • Well even though it may be years before this is released im still pretty excited. For both the handheld and console version. I hope they dont do another Subspace Emissary, or at least do another and not make it so repetitive.

I liked the Subspace Emissary. It was something new. I always played it with my siblings and friends but after I finished it 100%, I haven't played that mode so much anymore (big surprise). It had nice videos, story, lots of fighting and awesome bosses!
    I don't like Classic Mode that much, that one is too repetitive as I've played it on older SSB games too, but I still think that it's part of the SSB so they still have to include it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Would love them to have multiple categories of characters/stages. Like the Mario Series, Wario Series, Metal Gear Series rather than just separate characters. Would love to see a Baby Mario + Luigi combo like the Ice Climbers xD The Subspace Emissary was a great idea, would be great if they included something like it again. The whole levelling up idea sounds interesting also wondering how it will work etc.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • If Nintendo doesn't do what they always do and inexplicably exclude online play from Smash Bros, I will buy this for my 3DS. They need to include original Megaman and bring back Dr. Mario as playable characters. I wouldn't get this for the Wii U, as there is no way I am buying one of those. They look absolutely awful.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    It's exciting to know that there will finally be a portable version of Super Smash Bros. and one for Wii U at the same time, but there isn't much to talk about yet, since not much has been revealed. Also, do you think that the 3DS users will be able to play online with the Wii U users if there will be online play on the 3DS version (which there probably will be...)?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    They better not just leave it as Super Smash Bros 4...that would be super lame.

Well I'm excited for it as always! Love Super Smash bros.

Back