• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Melee 2

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
    No another one is not coming out for now XD, but already knowing what a smash hit SSBM is, what do you think should be in the next one?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I always thought that Wario could make a good character for the next SSB game. Sonic/Tails/Knuckles and Megaman would make cool characters since Nintendo has recently acquired the rights to them...

How about an unlockable suitless Samus? But being apart from her suit would make her uber weak...

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
    Oh did they, I hadn't thought about why Sonic and the gang is on Gamecube.

Hmm... Wario would make a great character, I'm surprised he wasn't included on the first one, seeing how they had ganandorf.

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
    There are quite a few guy's who wrerent in melee, but were acctually obtaqinable as recolors of origanal guy's. So its not like they weren't there (wario, Waluigi, Daisy, to name a few...) Charactures i think should be in it, are, Wario, Waluigi, Sonic and megaman (who can take the powers like kirby, but by defeating someone at least once, and then pressing down b to change modes) as people before said, Shadow mario/Bowser junior (a switcher like sheik/zelda), Blaziken, Bass, Felix and Isaac from GS (as someone said i think) and maybe even petey pirana :P. There should be more trophies and arena's, while keepig the old ones in, even if they are secrets. There should also be multiplayer minigames to be unlocked, and maybe even a capture the flag game :P

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    MegaMan can make a great SSB character. I can see him like how Aviex just described him. his standard B attack could be just the mega blaster. but his down+B attack shuffles through characters he's beaten once, and then he can use their syandard B attack. Duo (from MM8) would be a cool character, albeit kinda large and slow.

Pok?mon that are included as Playable characters are usually unusually popular. So far, the only pok?mon that was good in the GB games that has been translated to SSB was Mewtwo. We also have to take into consideration that playable pok?mon in SSB3 have to have a genreal human shape (as in a body and four appendeges, I don't think it'll be easy to control a Koffing in SSB) and at least straddle the ground (flying pok?mon would give an unfair advantage greater than Kirby's 5 jump ability). The most probable choices for playable pok?mon in SSB3 are Blaziken, Chaizard, Smeargle/Sudowoodo (I can see it rendered as having the mimic/sketch working just like Kirby's Swallow [Smeargle's sketch copying all four B moves instead of just the standard one]), and possibly the Regis...

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    At the moment another SSB. seems unlikely. Masahiro Sakurai, the creator of Kirby and Super Smash Bros., recently left HAL Labs. Upon leaving he said HAL will continue Kirby, but as for Super Smash Bros. he does not know.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I've been hoping that they'd branch out and have more lesser-known characters like the Ice Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch in the next one, and stay away from the mainstream characters that always get lumped in with each other in things like Mario Kart and Mario Tennis, although I would agree with all of you and say Wario would make a great addition to the SSBM gang. Other nice options would be as follows:

Hector (FE6 and FE7)
    Deoxys (Pokemon FR/LG)
    Captain Olimar (Pikmin) Always a personal wish of mine...I'd love to see him use pikmin to duke it out with other melee characters...
    Meta Knight (various kirby games)
    Skull Kid (LoZ: Majora's Mask)

...and others, but I can't think right now x_x

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Well, I'd say Durandal wouldn't be in the game unless Eliwood was a playable character, and it would be the sword he uses, as Roy uses the legendary sword of FE6 in SSBM. There's not really much more I could ask for in another SSBM item-wise...they've pretty much got the best mix of items there is.

swordkirby537

Captain of the Cheese
    Years
    Here are some characters I'd like to see:

Megaman (Megaman)
    Bass (Megaman)
    Zero (Megaman)
    Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog)
    Tails (Sonic the Hedgehog)
    Knuckles (Sonic the Hedgehog)
    Pac-man (Pacman)
    Pit (Kid Icuras)
    F-Type (Stunt Race FX)
    Meta Knight (Kirby)
    King Dedede (Kirby)
    Banjo & Kazooi (Banjo-Kazooi)
    Wario (Super Mario Brothers)
    EDIT: I would also like to see Bub & Bob from Bubble Bobble.

Last edited:

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    swordkirby537 said:
    Here are some characters I'd like to see:

Megaman (Megaman)
    Bass (Megaman)
    Zero (Megaman)
    Owned by Capcom and therefore can't be in it.
    swordkirby537 said:
    Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog)
    Tails (Sonic the Hedgehog)
    Knuckles (Sonic the Hedgehog)
    Owned by Sega (Sonic Team was reincorporated into Sega ._.). There is a slight chance seeing as Sega likes Gamecube more than other systems and members of HAL are said to be friends of Sega (that's how the whole Sonic in SSBM rumor got started)
    swordkirby537 said:
    Pac-man (Pacman)
    Not Nintendo either.
    swordkirby537 said:
    Pit (Kid Icuras)
    F-Type (Stunt Race FX)
    Meta Knight (Kirby)
    King Dedede (Kirby)
    Those are owned by Nintendo/HAL as far as I know so there is a possibility. I would rather like Meta-Knight in the game.
    swordkirby537 said:
    Banjo & Kazooi (Banjo-Kazooi)
    Banjo and Kazooie are owned by Rare who now works for Micro$oft, and the ruler of the world, Bill Gates.
    swordkirby537 said:
    Wario (Super Mario Brothers)
    Wario is quite possible and is very likely to be in it if another is made.

My suggestions (as well as their chances of being in the game) coming soon...

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    When I first got Pikmin...a thought regarding SSB.M snuck into my head. Olimar could be a character. He could throw Pikmin as an attack.

I want more Zelda characters. Ganon instead of Ganondorf (and original not a Falcon clone), and Majora's Wrath.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    I don't really want having people that are similar to each other like in SSBM. (Dr. Mario and Mario). Seems like a waste of space to me. The suitless Samus could function like Zelda/Shiek does in SSBM.

Megaman/Zero/Axl (Zelda/Shiek function with the switches in MMX7?)
    Suitless Samus
    Felix or Isaac (Golden Sun 2)
    The evil guy with the blue hair in Golden Sun 2
    Ganon+Dorf (Zelda/Shiek function)
    Krystal (Star Fox Adventures GCN)
    I'm not sure if NoA is working with Namco, but if it is, Cervantes or Mitsurugi from Soul Caliber
    The guy from the Harvest Moon games (I would so be laughing if I saw that guy tossing a cow)

[Fair]

URPG Official
    Years
    The Sonic characters should be in the next one! I FREAKING DEMAND IT!

I spent a whole week trying to "Unlock" Sonic and Tails in Melee... *Shoots A Dirty Look At EGM* And although it was an April Fools Joke, *Lights EGM Magazines On Fire* I did get alot better at the game by fighting all those hard computer players...

Bob Dole would be a cool secret character, too! ;)

swordkirby537

Captain of the Cheese
    Years
    Shadow said:
    Owned by Capcom and therefore can't be in it.

Owned by Sega (Sonic Team was reincorporated into Sega ._.). There is a slight chance seeing as Sega likes Gamecube more than other systems and members of HAL are said to be friends of Sega (that's how the whole Sonic in SSBM rumor got started)

Not Nintendo either.

Those are owned by Nintendo/HAL as far as I know so there is a possibility. I would rather like Meta-Knight in the game.

Banjo and Kazooie are owned by Rare who now works for Micro$oft, and the ruler of the world, Bill Gates.

Wario is quite possible and is very likely to be in it if another is made.

My suggestions (as well as their chances of being in the game) coming soon...

I know there chances of being in a game are unlikely but Im just saying that it would be neet to see them. I know that they are licensed by other companies.

Also, about Banjo-Kazooi, there is a new game in the works for Game Boy Advance called Banjo Piolet. Nintendo must still have rights to that series.

Back