• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen SUPER TRAINING

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Super training affects the stats you get when leveling up. More EVs in a stat means more points in that stat during a level up. It's not all that apparent unless the Pokemon is at level 100.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Just wondering about the super training in Pokémon X/Y, Doe it actually work? Cause after training my Pokemon I believe there absolutely no changes in the stats at all

It actually works. The changes become more obvious the more you level up your Pokemon. On a random note, Super Training is meant to be an alternate way of EV training, IMO.

Schizii

Always tired.
    Years
  • From what I've found, it does work! vuv

At first, I was super skeptical about it, too. But I did a little experiment with two pokemon. One was trained in Sp. Att while the other wasn't. They were the same level, same nature, same gender, basically identical save for the super training. I trained them both at the same time to Lvl 50.
    The pokemon that was trained to a max in Sp. Attack had a higher Sp. Attack stat than its near-identical counterpart.
    Maybe I did something wrong, but I'm not sure. However, from that experiment, I concluded that Super Training at least did /something/, haha.

UseTheRNGLuke

The RNG is strong in this one.
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2014
    Super training is basically EV training. I've done it with my competitive pokes and it works. I'm pretty sure most members of Pokecommunity already know, but EVs dictate where a massive 127 stat points will go by lv.100. So yes, super training IS effective since each 4 points you earn = 1 stat point at level 100.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Super training is basically EV training. I've done it with my competitive pokes and it works. I'm pretty sure most members of Pokecommunity already know, but EVs dictate where a massive 127 stat points will go by lv.100. So yes, super training IS effective since each 4 points you earn = 1 stat point at level 100.

Actually, it's 94 max per two stats (with 1 left over in another stat). 31 IVs + 252 Evs (Which translate to 63 stat points) = 94.

Years
  • It works, but I really don't see the point of it. Horde battles make EV training so fast it's ridiculous, which kind of makes super training tedious by comparison. The mini games are really fun, though.

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • It works, but I really don't see the point of it. Horde battles make EV training so fast it's ridiculous, which kind of makes super training tedious by comparison. The mini games are really fun, though.

Agreed, I use super training now only to get items and such that I normally can't find or buy in game. Other than that, horde battles are much faster.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    The only use I have found for Super Training at all is getting reset bags. Those are awesome.

As for the EV training itself, battling Hordes is faster.

Shhmew

Years
  • I use it over horde battles because I don't want to bother with pokerus and power items and stuff. Plus it's a lot more fun :D And doesn't take THAT much longer.

But yes, it totally works, as everyone else has said.

Back