• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sweeper vs Walls?

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Well seeing as i'm pretty much retiring from posting from B&W I decided to post in PKMN General a lot more so I decided i'd start by starting my first thread.

So do y'all prefer sweepers or walls?

Personally I prefer sweeping. Walling is so boring and when I started off I used to use walls as sweepers haha needless to say it never worked out too well.

Haberdasher

suffers from nostalgia
    Years
    I'm a fan of sweepers. Granted, I don't battle competitively, but I just find offense much more exciting and fun than defense. Although I'm not against using the occasional defensive Pokemon, but that's a rarity for me.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well, generally I'm all about sweepers and wall-breakers (Infernape is one of the best in the business, and I love him). I do like a lot of pokémon that are walls though, so sometimes I do stall teams just to use my favourite walls....

Overall though, I generally prefer sweepers, as, it seems, does 80% of the online pokémon battling community xD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I like sweepers because they can get the job done quickly. Sometimes walling is needed to annoy opponents that you have a hard time countering.

Kelp

<3
    Years
    Yeah I don't play competitively, but in-game I tend to favor sweepers. They make the battles go so much faster. <3

But I've always wanted to try like a Shuckle with Rest + Toxic + etc. or whatever Shuckle's best moveset is. x)

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I'm like the .01% that likes wall. I don't know what is wrong with me, I've always prefered defense to offense. Not to say I don't like sweepers, I would just prefer to wall. Here's my logic: If something is capable f KO'ing you in one hit and can endure one hit from you while sweeping, no matter what, you will lose. However that same Pokemon might have a hard time KO'ing a wall, like I said, in my mind Defense>Offense.

Headfirst For Halos

[insert ellipses here]
    Years
    Yeah I don't play competitively, but in-game I tend to favor sweepers. They make the battles go so much faster. <3

But I've always wanted to try like a Shuckle with Rest + Toxic + etc. or whatever Shuckle's best moveset is. x)

No, Smeargle with Spore, Substitute, Belly Drum, and Baton Pass. ;o

I prefer sweepers, as they are more of my style.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I prefer sweepers. I prefer doing things the fast way, taking down my opponents ASAP. I don't really like to wait too much.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I'm tempted to say tanks...I like Pokemon who can take a hit but also give one out. Fragile fast sweepers have never been my forte, and I get way too bored to do stall. I like all purpose walls too, like Nattorei, but they have to be able to do something and keep me interested.

Years
    I prefer sweepers, i don't have enough patience to wall, but considering i barely ever battle competitively i shouldn't be in this section of the forums, BYE NOW!!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    In before that as well, voicing my second opinion xD

I do find Stall appealing.....when you wear down your opponent after carefully laying down 4+ layers of entry hazards, then watch as they get KO'd whilst switching into something weak like Blissey's Seismic Toss....good feeling :D

Soul_Silver_pkmnbreeder

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    No, Smeargle with Spore, Substitute, Belly Drum, and Baton Pass. ;o
    Smeargle is too slow for that to work, and it's HORRIFYINGLY LOW stats ensure that anyone with an offensive stat higher than 100 will turn the Smeargle in question into an artisan sausage.

That being said, I like a mixture of both. I only have one pokemon that doesn't have a self-healing/ stat altering/ status inflicting move...often two of these.
    ------
    I.E: One of my personal favorites,

Togekiss Serene Grace
    (Chesto Berry)

Rest
    Water Pulse
    Antientpower
    Air Slash
    ------

Togekiss has a lot of special attack, so it is a force to be feared. Adding to that, serene grace ups air slash's flinch ratio to 60%.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
    Definently sweepers. Stalling has never been my thing, I find it to be way to slow paced. Offensive play is fast paced and a lot more fun than stalling. Hyper offense is a ton of fun for me.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Balanced.

Ok I'm going to say that Stall and Walls are the same thing here.

My current team is a Dragon Tail + Roar + Spikes/Stealth Rocks. Everyone of my Team Member has Lefties or Rugged Helmet. Exept one, my Late Game sweeper Shandera(Choice Scarf >.>). So based on my team I have a Stall/Wall kind of team. So yeah I like Walls <3

Back