• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Symphonia

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
Years
  • Strange. Cuz lightning tiger blade does NOT require the stupid jewel for it to work (just a regular quartz or seal will be fine).

Yata mirror: recovers 1% of HP and TP every 6 seconds (truquoise is 3% of TP and HP, btw)
    Jewel: prevents ALL status aligments (including ones created from equipped items such as demon's seal)

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I beat the Sword Dancer at 10, so ha. XP
    Is the mirror worth equipping at the beginning of the game anyways? o_o;
    I'm sad that Zelos didn't have a good title before he…went away, since that'll reflect right? Grr. Oh…one more thing:

Spoiler: Question

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
  • Kairi said:
    I beat the Sword Dancer at 10, so ha. XP
    Is the mirror worth equipping at the beginning of the game anyways? o_o;
    I?m sad that Zelos didn?t have a good title before he?went away, since that?ll reflect right? Grr. Oh?one more thing:

Spoiler: Question

The answer to your question is...nope! :)

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Yay! I would have felt so guilty if he had.. ;_; Does he still go back to Derris-Kharlan?

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
  • Kairi said:
    Yay! I would have felt so guilty if he had.. ;_; Does he still go back to Derris-Kharlan?

The answer to your question is yes...sadly he does. :(

Did you guys check out the new costumes for ToS on PS2? :P Kratos...has a samurai costume!

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Yeah I saw em. Wonder if they'll fit it on one PS2 disc? @_@; Hmm.
    I also noticed all the characters seem to have hidden SP attacks that cut to an anim? pic like Lloyd's Falcon Crest and Colette's Holy Judgment.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • That's cool. But I heard that there are more FMV's due to the PS2 being...well unable to handle the graphical pressures the game exerts on it. :-/

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    You mean less? o_O That didn't quite make sense.
    I dunno if I'll get it though, I'm having too much fun on my second game to start completely fresh.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • FMV's don't take as much graphical toll on a system compared to completely rendering the scenes in 3D. Essentially it's easier to use Windows Media (FMVs) compared to a 3D program (copilers or something). No, I meant what I said.

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    But where would they sub them in? Like cutscenes being FMVs instead of rendered? I hardly know what I'm talking about. XP

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
  • You know...the conversation between you two just confused the heck outta' me. So you guys are saying that there are more anime cut scenes instead of those 3-d thingies? But I heard the PS2's engine was weaker than the GC one so during battles, there might be freezing or stalling. @_@ And now...you're saying...PS2 is better?

*goes off to corner holding head in confusion*

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Ugh. Okay starting over.

The cutscenes use a lot of the system's power in order for it to work for some reason (esp. the highly special effects like the mana cannon firing an crap), whereas FMVs don't actually takes as much of a toll on the system compared to the 3D cutscenes.

PS2 is a weaker machine, and it couldn't handle the 3D cutscenes, and therefore require FMV replacements on the same cutscenes.

Skrin

Still the best!!!xD
    Years
  • WHAT!?

I'd love to see the cheapo mana-cannon fireing sequence.XD

I'm sorry, it's just that the mana cannon fireing cut-scene looked so cool, especially when (Blargh!XD)screamed.XD

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
  • Kenny_C.002 said:
    Ugh. Okay starting over.

The cutscenes use a lot of the system's power in order for it to work for some reason (esp. the highly special effects like the mana cannon firing an crap), whereas FMVs don't actually takes as much of a toll on the system compared to the 3D cutscenes.

PS2 is a weaker machine, and it couldn't handle the 3D cutscenes, and therefore require FMV replacements on the same cutscenes.

Ah, I see, thanks for clearing everything up! :P But you know, FFX had better graphics than ToS I think. Hopefully ToS will run as smoothly as FFX did.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • I think it's the style they gave the game that's taking more of a toll on the system than usual (that's what I think anyway).

But yeah, go get it and see. :P I can't read Japanese, and it gets bothersome for me (plus I don't have PS2. lol).

Back