• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of this thread

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • Also....
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Oh trust me, you have a good bit more lasting moments that are coming to you...I don't even wanna think about them tbh...
    Well the true ending + credits was really nice and made me a little sad, though the after credits scene made me happy.

That was the only one though besides Ch.12.
    Spoiler:

It was a fun Tales game, I'm glad I picked it up instead of just replaying Xillia.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years

• Hi, Zestiria 2.0. First things first, 60 FPS. Awesome. I'm liking everything I see so far. Velvet's fighting style is more or less what I imagined it to be, though I wasn't expecting the wolf claw and arm sword, lol. Lifisett/Lyfesette (what the **** is with this name) seems to be cool. Typical mage character, but I'm seeing a couple of Cheria and Rowen inspiration in his moveset. I'm assuming female Flynn and samurai Raven are going to be party members as well. BUT, I WANT THAT LIZARD DUDE AS A PARTY MEMBER.

Seamless battle seems to be returning. Well, you've failed once, Bamco. Let's make the second time actually work this time. What I'm most curious about is that there are two very notable things about this new battle system. Supposedly, permanent free-run and all face buttons are artes.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    So Berseria is gonna be for both the PS3 and the PS4? That's good, I still don't feel like getting a PS4.

and I guess lycanthropy is gonna have relevance to the game here?

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • If they're going to bring back the Seamless battle system, I hope that they will please fix the camera. If they can do that, then I'll be happy!

Otherwise, looks pretty good so far! I hope the graphics will hold up for the PS3 this time too. </3

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • and I guess lycanthropy is gonna have relevance to the game here?
    It would seem so. That or hellions, if you're a fan of the Berseria and Zestiria takes place in the same world theory, that's floating around.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • If the seamless thing is coming back, then hopefully they're rectify their mistakes with how they handled it in Zestiria. That was just...not...yeah. lol

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • If the seamless thing is coming back, then hopefully they're rectify their mistakes with how they handled it in Zestiria. That was just...not...yeah. lol
    Just curious, what mistakes do you speak of? I mean, I'm a total newbie Tales person since Zestiria was pretty much my first Tales of game but I thought that the combat system worked pretty darned well.

Camera woes sometimes? Of course. But mistakes? I can't really think of much. Besides the whole thing being slightly too overwhelming for a beginner and instructions not being clear enough sometimes.

Of course, I speak from a beginner's perspective. Hence I'm curious to know why a veteran like you thinks that way. :p

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I wouldn't call myself a veteran either, though, haha. Along with Zestiria, I've played Abyss, both Xillias, and I'm currently playing Symphonia. I for the life of me could not figure out what I was doing in Zestiria as far as battles go. Like I honestly can't even explain it, but I have talked to others that felt the same way so I know I'm not alone. But I seriously never got used to what it was trying to do. I could do armatization pretty well and I thought that was fine, but normal combat, idk it was just weird for me.

If it's your first Tales, then switching to something more traditional will likely throw you off like what Zestiria felt like to me when coming off the Xillias. But again, I'm not really a veteran either. With as many Tales games as there are, only 4 1/2 under my belt doesn't exactly give me enough of an idea of what I'm even trying to say here, lol. If you popped in another game like Abyss or Xillia though, you'd probably feel the difference between that and Zestiria.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    The battle you have to do to get Rose's second mystic arte suuuuuuuuuuucks

At least the game partially made up for it with the skit afterwards and what happen in an unrelated boss fight I did afterwards (and getting the mystic arte itself of course)

Spoiler:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    So I've been playing Tales of the Abyss recently, and no wonder it's widely-regarded as one of the best titles alongside Symphonia and Vesperia. The OST, character development (Luke even moreso), plot, this game just has so many aspects that I love. My only gripes are the unvoiced skits and the 3DS version being slower - there's also some noticeable lag whenever I run past trees, or was this lag also present in the original?

...Also why the hell is Arietta so short for a 16 year old?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Well....finally beat Zestiria today. Ending was ok. Gonna have to see how the Alisha DLC goes later, see if it's a meaningful epilouge or not.

What did everyone else think of how the game ended though?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • ...Also why the hell is Arietta so short for a 16 year old?

-is 23 years old and only 5 feet tall-

Well....finally beat Zestiria today. Ending was ok. Gonna have to see how the Alisha DLC goes later, see if it's a meaningful epilouge or not.

What did everyone else think of how the game ended though?

I heard the Alisha DLC really has her and Rose out of character. :x Have fun...? :) I've already expressed my feelings on the game as a whole enough so I'll opt out on that last bit, haha.

Spoiler:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Aaaaaaand now we've cleared the Alisha DLC chapter. Was kind of a mixed bag to me.

Spoiler:

At least the exp, Gald, and items I got during it were transferred to my clear save, and the chapter gave us what is imo one of the game's best skits.

Back