• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Virtue

Years
    Basic Info
    Well, I decided to make this game because I had plenty of free time in Mechanical Drawing in school. It is an RTP game, but please do not mention anything about that aspect. I have made my decision and it is final. Oh, this is also being made in RM2k3.

Story
    A nice day... That doesn't describe Armegeddon. Armegeddon was a day of massacre. Terrifying, towering monsters, summoned by the D***ed Djinn, trampled out endless lives and destroyed many cities. As soon as the creatures neared the Zinnith Kingdom, King William gathered his troops and greatest wizards, and proceeded to dispatch them to fight the atrocious monsters. One of those troops was Charles Smith, the great-grandfather of Susan. While in the midst of battle, a Slime attacked him from behind. He became the laughing stock of the entire kingdom, even through the times of Armegeddon. When Armegeddon ended, monster populations were reduced, and the Djinn severely weakened, Charles decided to look for a wife, and start a family. People, to this day, still make fun of him and his family. One day, Susan asks her mother, Tanya, why people laugh at her and her little brother and sister. She tells Susan the whole story, and Susan decided to take it upon herself to restore her family's honor by defeating the D***ed Djinn and cleansing the world of monsters.

Features
    • Complexe dungeons to navigate through
    • Item creation with alchemy and ingrediants
    • Spell creation with enchantment and spell pages
    • Many side quests and hidden items
    • Many allies to acquire
    • Good amount of gameplay
    • Many Items to find
    • Many spells to learn

Screenshots
    Tales of VirtueTales of VirtueTales of Virtue

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
    Looks and sounds great. I'm glad your using rm2k3's RTP not rm2k's, it looks much better. How much have you done so far?

Years
    Well, I am mapping and eventing in clumps. I will make a bunch of maps, then event them, and then fix up small errors.

Right not, I have the Chicken quest done, I have the slimes in the lake area disappear when they die, but then reappear when you re-enter the map. I also have a lot of the castle done, I have the combat instructor done, and I have the blue rock in the middle of Lake Dagur (The big lake in screenshot 14) half-done.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    Well, I don't make games so I wouldn't know XD... are the in-battle sprites yours or did they come with it too?

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
    By the looks of things they are the RTP sprites. Most of the game seems overall RTP. I'm looking forward to a release of some type, a demo maybe? Looks great.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Hey Don, screens look great, and I like the Storyline. The Ol' Restore my Family's Honor, 'tis cool. Is this your first time not making a hack, but making a game? Well, I wish you luck with this game, and I don't want to see this die, it looks real good! Keep it up!

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Don, this looks great, and good luck with it. And to answer the above question, No, this isn't his first non-hack.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Hi Don, awesome game. Although people may not like much RTP graphics, if you can use them properly, they are as good as any other.

I see an error in screenshot 3, that is popularly known as "door to the abyss". You probably know what I'm talking about... the black door shouldn't be there.

Other than that, everything else looks good, keep it up.

~Azura.

Years
    Old Post
    Spoiler:

I have been working on the intro and the demo. I also changed the look of the battle system.

Tales of Virtue

I only have one screenshot because my connection is really slow today.

-- .(EDIT). --

Project1.Zip by Bigupload.Com

I decided to include the RTP with it, so you don't need RM2k3. It is also a bit on the short side, but I want to show what I have ben working on. (HINT: Look at things in houses)

Last edited:

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Hmm... I can't install it. I double-click the Setup.exe and nothing happens.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    It gives me these ?????????12e1e???????? errors and "something .lhz missing project file"

=/

Years
    You must provide everything created by means of a gamedisk. This includes the .lzh file, as the setup executable installs the files via the compressed archive.
    If it cannot find the archive it will not be able to install the game.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Wow, finnaly got this to work hehe

Everything is good, I made it to the battle guy... however, he tells me to go tell my mom I finished training. So I went back to my house and mom said nothing but "won't you leave?"
    Then when I tried to get of the starting town... it wouldn't let me, saying I should finish my chores.

Got stuck in there (?)

Well, good for a first demo.. nice mapping and all tho

Years
    Oops. I guess I put in the wrong variables (For that demo alone, I used over 100). I will fix that.

Thanks for the comments, though.

I have been working on remapping the inside of the castle. I'm thinking about just trashing it and making it inaccessible, because I can't seem to get the hang of mapping it. If I do that, the courtyard will be a town square.

By the way Azura, how did you like the chicken quest? Also, did you find the Mystic Tree? (If you talk to some ordinary trees, you will be teleported inside of them and a good item or a good sum of cash will be there waiting for you.)

Back