• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TCG Evolutions Official Checklist Incorrect?

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2017
    Hi all, first and foremost I apologise if this has been covered already, I have searched everywhere to no avail.

I am collecting the Evolutions (master) set for nostalgic sake; so consider me a noob.

The Official Evolutions Checklist ht(*)tp://assets.pokemon.com/assets/cms2/pdf/trading-card-game/checklist/xy12_web_cardlist_en.pdf
    seems to be incorrect unless I am just reading it wrong. It suggests that no one card comes with all 3 standard non-holo, holo and reverse/parallel versions,
    however in multiple circumstances this isn't the case:
    35/108 Pikachu - Suggested only Std and Reverse; however I have the Holo too
    36/108 Raichu - Suggested only Holo and Reverse; I also have Std
    38/108 Magneton - Suggested only Holo and Reverse; I also have the Std
    45/108 Nidoking - Suggested only Holo and Reverse; Also have Std
    51/108 Mewtwo - Suggested only Std and Reverse; Also have Holo
    62/108 Hitmonchan - Suggested only Holo and Reverse; Also have Std

The list goes on as I find these inconsistencies. How am I to complete the Master set without knowing what cards come in what 3 types (Standard, Holo, Reverse)??

Apologies if I am reading this wrong, this is my first time collecting cards (besides childhood when I knew nothing and gave away Charizards etc..)...

Years
    Hi all, first and foremost I apologise if this has been covered already, I have searched everywhere to no avail.

I am collecting the Evolutions (master) set for nostalgic sake; so consider me a noob.

The Official Evolutions Checklist ht(*)tp://assets.pokemon.com/assets/cms2/pdf/trading-card-game/checklist/xy12_web_cardlist_en.pdf
    seems to be incorrect unless I am just reading it wrong. It suggests that no one card comes with all 3 standard non-holo, holo and reverse/parallel versions,
    however in multiple circumstances this isn't the case:
    35/108 Pikachu - Suggested only Std and Reverse; however I have the Holo too
    36/108 Raichu - Suggested only Holo and Reverse; I also have Std
    38/108 Magneton - Suggested only Holo and Reverse; I also have the Std
    45/108 Nidoking - Suggested only Holo and Reverse; Also have Std
    51/108 Mewtwo - Suggested only Std and Reverse; Also have Holo
    62/108 Hitmonchan - Suggested only Holo and Reverse; Also have Std

The list goes on as I find these inconsistencies. How am I to complete the Master set without knowing what cards come in what 3 types (Standard, Holo, Reverse)??

Apologies if I am reading this wrong, this is my first time collecting cards (besides childhood when I knew nothing and gave away Charizards etc..)...

Out of curiosity, did you buy any of the set's theme decks? Those tend to come with non-standard versions of cards that won't be covered by a set checklist.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    Out of curiosity, did you buy any of the set's theme decks? Those tend to come with non-standard versions of cards that won't be covered by a set checklist.

Raichu, Hitmonchan, Mew, Poliwrath, Ninetales and Nidoking stds were all in prerelease packs too. I THINK Magneton might have one as well

PokeTCG441

RAWR
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    They aren't listed is because they are special (promo) cards that can't be found in booster packs. You can only get them from the Mewtwo Mayhem or Pikachu Power theme decks.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2017
    As it's been stated they're from theme decks. I really want the holo pikachu but spending $13 on the pikachu deck doesn't seem worth it when I can get 4 boosters for that much at my local card shop.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    As it's been stated they're from theme decks. I really want the holo pikachu but spending $13 on the pikachu deck doesn't seem worth it when I can get 4 boosters for that much at my local card shop.

The Pikachu usually sells alone for like $4-6 so you an still get it :>

Back