• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TCG News

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    TCG News (well mostly Magic, YGO and DM)

Alright. The new thread of news will replace my "set release" thread policy.

Good stuff, remember to keep things rolling!

First, magical news:

Betrayers of Kamigawa is out this week, with last week being the prerelease. The prerelease card was none other than Ink Eyes (which was hot). This set is shaping up to be a rare-intensive set, where most of the power would be from rares here (which isn't always the case, as torment was like a common heaven. lol).

I've noticed some really good stuff, but I'll leave that to another time.

Until next time, may you reanimate Kodama of the North Tree with a Goryo's Vengeance!

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    Well, I guess I'm teh DM guy here then.

With the new release of Survivors of the Megapacolypse, They introduce three new types of monsters. one is the survivor. The survivor cards can share their special abilities if there is more than one on teh field. Good in their own deck, but not so great in preexisting decks. THe second type is fire mostly, and an excellent set of speed cards. They are called Speed Attackers, and these monsters don't get summoning sickness. A trick that can win a duel. The third type is Triple Breaker, and those of you that play DM can already tell what that means. Monsters that break three shields with one attack! :D

If I get anymore DM news, you guys will be the first to know.

edit: oh, and more good DM news! Starting today, McDonalds is holding a special DM promotion. With each happy meal you buy, you get a special DM promo card, 1 out of 15. ten of them are older cards redone with new art, while the other five are all new cards that you can't get anywhere else. Wizards also promises players that these five special cards aren't just pretty, but hold an incredible amount of power that should be in any serious players deck.

Which is why I'm aiming to get 'em all! :D

Last edited:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    they also had that OTKO combo thing in a article 2 Blazing Shoals, 2 Myojin of Infinite Rage, 1 Mountain, & 1 raging goblin hand.

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
    DM News, coming your way!

The next booster set for Duel Masters is called Stomp-a-Trons of Invincible Wrath. I don't know the new creature ability. It will be released on Saturday, April the 30th (US) this year. Its got 120 cards on it instead of a normal 60, it also comes with a new starter set and 2 new theme decks!

Get yours today! Err, I mean, at April 30!

Vagabond Aeon

The Last In Line
    Years
    Quick heads-up - the new Yu-Gi-Oh! Advanced Format list has been released. This currently only applies to Japan but we'll be getting the same list (Japanese-only cards notwithstanding). So you might want to start modifying your decks...

This goes into effect for Japan on March 1st, and the rest of the world on April 1st.

List is as follows:

Forbidden (0 per deck)

CHAOS EMPEROR DRAGON - ENVOY OF THE END
    WITCH OF THE BLACK FOREST
    MAKYURA THE DESTRUCTOR
    FIBER JAR
    MAGICAL SCIENTIST
    YATA-GARASU
    MIRAGE OF NIGHTMARE
    CONFISCATION
    PAINFUL CHOICE
    THE FORCEFUL SENTRY
    CHANGE OF HEART
    RAIGEKI
    MONSTER REBORN
    BUTTERFLY DAGGER - ELMA
    HARPIE'S FEATHER DUSTER
    DARK HOLE
    IMPERIAL ORDER
    SIX SENSE

Limited (1 per deck)

D. D. WARRIOR LADY
    INJECTION FAIRY LILY
    BLACK LUSTER SOLDIER - ENVOY OF THE BEGINNING
    SINISTER SERPENT
    SANGAN
    DARK MAGICIAN OF CHAOS
    CYBER JAR
    PROTECTOR OF THE SANCTUARY
    JINZO
    TWIN-HEADED BEHEMOTH
    TRIBE-INFECTING VIRUS
    EXILED FORCE
    SACRED PHOENIX OF NEPHTHYS
    EXODIA THE FORBIDDEN ONE
    RIGHT LEG OF THE FORBIDDEN ONE
    RIGHT ARM OF THE FORBIDDEN ONE
    LEFT LEG OF THE FORBIDDEN ONE
    LEFT ARM OF THE FORBIDDEN ONE
    REFLECT BOUNDER
    MARSHMALLON
    BREAKER THE MAGICAL WARRIOR
    MORPHING JAR
    DELINQUENT DUO
    HEAVY STORM
    SNATCH STEAL
    POT OF GREED
    MYSTICAL SPACE TYPHOON
    UNITED WE STAND
    CARD DESTRUCTION
    GRACEFUL CHARITY
    PREMATURE BURIAL
    SWORDS OF REVEALING LIGHT
    MAGE POWER
    LIGHTNING VORTEX
    TORRENTIAL TRIBUTE
    CRUSH CARD VIRUS
    EXCHANGE OF SPIRITS
    MIRROR FORCE
    DECK DEVASTATION VIRUS
    CEASEFIRE
    RING OF DESTRUCTION
    MAGIC CYLINDER
    RECKLESS GREED
    CALL OF THE HAUNTED

Semi-Limited (2 per deck)

ABYSS SOLDIER
    MANTICORE OF DARKNESS
    VAMPIRE LORD
    MARAUDING CAPTAIN
    DARK SCORPION - CHICK THE YELLOW
    NIGHT ASSAILANT
    CREATURE SWAP
    REINFORCEMENT OF THE ARMY
    UPSTART GOBLIN
    EMERGENCY PROVISIONS
    NOBLEMAN OF CROSSOUT
    LEVEL LIMIT - AREA B
    GRAVITY BIND
    GOOD GOBLIN HOUSEKEEPING
    LAST TURN

Last edited:

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    Man, he's happy :\ I don't see the big, deal, but meh.

Duel Masters has something coming up though. This saturday world wide is Trade Day. Lame name, I know, but not only can you and your buddies come together in the masses to duel and trade with each other, but I believe you earn DCI points for ever duel AND you get free goodies upon attending. :D

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Affinity is the dominating deck type in the Type 2 format...basically it allows you to play high-costing spells for an extremely low cost...

Ravager - Draksteel rare - basically you can sac any number of artifacts to it to pump him up (+1/+1 counters)
    Diciple - draksteel common - whenever an artifact hits the graveyard, opponent loses 1 life (combo with ravager a lot)
    6 artifact lands - basically you use this to lower affinity cost

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    I can go to the whole technical thing about affinity itself, how the artifact lands produced 2 mana instead of 1 in affinity terms and other things like that...but it would be pointless to do so.

Just to say something about affinity's power: it won extended championships too. O_O

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    New Digimon TCG?!?

I couldn't believe it myself, so I bought a pack of these new cards, and the game has completely changed. The new digimon cards have a new look and a new format of play. It feels liks a crossfusion of Yugioh and the classic DGMN rules. YOustill have your discard phase and your digivolution, but you also have more than one digimon, Data Points which are like life points, and your power option cards are now called "Digi-Modify" cards. Also, the Digi-Destined are actual playable cards in this game. I got a Takuya card in the pack I bought. With this new style of Digimon gaming, I hope to buy a deck so that I may learn the new rules. I'll post up pictures when I can.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    We don't do pokemon here. And YGO's supposed to be pogi and mullet's responsibilities, since I know nothing about their news (nor DM for that matter).

New update! The magic site has posted new Ravnica preview art, the box art for Saviours (that kami looks ugly). So check them out here:

Click

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    If you think that's news, listen to this:

Stompatrons of Invincible Wrath, the new Duel Masters set, will be released April 8th. This new set is much larger than the older ones, with 110 different cards in the set. They've returned to having two super rares per sciv, which they had stopped doing for the last two sets. Whats more, they've started introducing super rare spells. Each super rare spell has "invincible" at the start of the name, plus they're shiny so you can't miss it.

These cards aren't all new, however. This could could be looked at like a Dark Beginnings for Dm, as Death Smoke, Spiral Gate, Dimension gate, as well as other classics I can't locate at the time will be reintroduced in this set.

The release Tournaments will be held april 9th or 10th. To find a store location, you can call 1-800-324-6496, or log onto www.duelmasters.com .The 5 Civilizations tournament for Stompatrons of invincible wrath will be held April 30th. The same number and webpage will help you find the 5 civ tourny locations.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    Nice dig Pogi. :)

Oh right release dates (tentative, basis on old set release dates):

Saviours of Kamigawa: late May/early June 2005
    9th Edition: Early August 2005
    Ravnica: City of Guilds: October 7, 2005
    Guildpact: Feb 3, 2006 (sports 165 cards. Notice the slight extras more on the expansion rather than main).
    Design for Guildpact: Mike Elliott (lead)
    Aaron Forsythe
    Devin Low
    Brian Schneider

That's all the releases we know so far. Next year will have the third set of the Ravnica block (June) and also "Snap" for October 2006. We don't know whether there will be a 4th set or not next year.

Last edited:
    Back