• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Black Forest (Recruiting)

what is a good town name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

demondismon

Booted out - don't be like me!
    Years
    omg i love this entire thing its great...but i wish it wasn't a mystery dungeon type game :'(........................................ it would be an awesome stoy if it was normal though.... but its good. map: ok i love the tiles........ but i want to see where the tiles on the bar are listed......

Soul Saint

Ghost~
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    As I said in a PM to you, the questions would be simple "Yes/No" that hold meaning and are obvious in what kind of starter would be gained. Whether it's been made officially or one of the Fakemon, who knows? Can always edit it out to provide a spot where the special Pokeball's are lined up beside one another, and the voice within the player's head gives a brief description on each choice. I'm flexible with writing. ;)

Also have thought about making the area more of a forest clearing for that scene, as Celebi doesn't strike me as other Psychic Pokemon do. Thought about that starting scene in my head and how it may look if a Psychic Pokemon were to do something like that.

demondismon

Booted out - don't be like me!
    Years
    yea the pokeball thing works lol.. your have him say something liike "would like the fire starter now? yes/no.

PokemonyellowX

Team Black Forest owner
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2015
    yea the pokeball thing works lol.. your have him say something liike "would like the fire starter now? yes/no.

good idea demondismon.the fire starter is going to be tepig water,starter mudkip,grass starter is going to be bulbasaur

Last edited:

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    Also its not mystery dungeon game the mystery dungeon game is a side project man this is a proper legit game that all i ahve to do it insert the houses for town one :P

i havnt done the indoors so i may do that sometime also PX can i map the first town?

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    haha im not a sqaure mapper man

hows that for the layout to sqaure for you lol XD

Soul Saint

Ghost~
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    I've thought up two ways to get the player to have to deal with 'Team Dark':

1. They and their friend are invited by either a gym leader or some rich man/woman to a party, where they would get to sit down and chat about their journey's thus far with the person. Can have yes/no questions asked, or just say "Time passes by a couple of hours while you and your friend, [insert name here], talk about your adventures up to this point..." They also find out their father's used to have battles all the time in his/her city - They managed to grow on the public a bit as well.(I'll work more on what their backstory is to suggest, but for now...) During the party, when many are asking for the two the have a battle, they're interrupted as the room begins to blur and others begin to fall down, passing out. Gym leader, or rich person, sends out a Pokemon of their own to use 'Protect', 'Mist' or 'Safe-guard' around the player and their friend. From there - Two black-clad figures enter the view of the three of them, a Psychic or Ghost Pokemon to one side. After a brief conversation a battle commences - And once the player and their friend win, the host of the party fills them in on who the group could have been(Maybe come up with other bounty-hunter groups known all over the world to mention?) and what they might have been after.

2. If the player and their friend get Fakemon, if you decide to switch your starters out, they could have two Pokemon that no one has ever seen before - Early on in the game they run into a group of scout's for Team Dark. The scientists at a nearby branch of the organization picked up on weird readings of kinetic-energy for a short time and chose to send just two scouts to investigate. Can have both the player and their friend leave their home town at the same time, only to double-battle at the edge of where they leave the first wild-Pokemon infested area, against the two Scout's as they try to steal their Pokemon.
    (( It is possible to do this with real Pokemon too, but to me this gives the characters the reason of "Even if you hate it, you have to deal with these guys". Can have them get captured later on to be studied, in one of their more protected hideouts, by a group of scientists within it. Turns out there was a mole inside their organization: Lance! Or someone...admittedly, I thought of him instantly because of the global police group he was apart of in the anime... xD ))

Last edited:

Soul Saint

Ghost~
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    Then all there is to ask is this: Gym leader, or some rich NPC? Can make them significant if they are either. There still is no reason for them to deal with Team Dark in the 1st one. I'll have to come up with something...here's a few things:

1. The Gym Leader or NPC rich person gives both characters each a Fakemon after their egg's hatch in their presence. The GL/NPC had been in the same room before them, after all, and nothing had happened when it was just him/her. In gaining their new addition to their groups- Ooooooo, better idea for the first one in my other post: The guests in the foyer of the mansion are put to sleep by hypnosis while the GL/NPC and the two MC's are in a whole other room, a hidden room within the mansion. The egg's hatch and then as the two Pokemon join the party, the two bounty-hunters enter the room to see the egg's hatched, strange Pokemon they have never seen nor heard of sitting right before their eye's. Their goal was to snatch the egg's they had finally tracked down - Now that they had hatched, they took it upon themselves to steal them from the two MC's. (( Btw, suggest that this happen early on in the game. If the player's party is full, maybe have an option where they can use their Pokedex to send one of their own to storage, so they have room to accept the new Pokemon. Still need to work in when and how they get those, if we're using them, so I'll get on that today. ))

2. I'll admit that I don't have one for the second, really...

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    thats awesome and the map u posted was a little squre
    Haha that wasnt an actual map that was just to show you guys all the tiles i have done xD lol beleive me i map slightly better than that :P haha yea

Hey, so im bassically done with tiles but i want to ask everyone if they think this is ohk... i was thinking instead of having one gym we use a whole bunch of diffrent gyms by this i just insert diffrent gyms into tileset to to use for each city or town it would make the game intresting? so whatcha think?

Last edited:

PokemonyellowX

Team Black Forest owner
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2015
    i got a idea when ho-oh gets captured ho-oh flames out and flies out of the building and goes up and flames most of the rejon no body dies but most towns destroyed.and good ideas ss and ml.and yes ml

Last edited:

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    So i did town 1 ill do the route later what ya'll think?

so i did route one is it ohk dont complain about this "It needs flowers" im looking for flowers that fit the palletes i have inserted so are these 2 maps ohk guys?

Last edited:

Soul Saint

Ghost~
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    PX: What building would Ho-Oh be doing that from? A TD facilty, I assume? Can work out how he gets captured, and how he manages to escape because of an accident that occurs, but you're gunna have to talk with the others about having maps look completely destroyed for a bit. Maybe do a cut-scene showing how damaged everything is - Make only one town accessible for some supplies an for NPC's to give advice on where they saw Ho-Oh fly off towards. Celebi, of course, will come to save the day and heal the player's Pokemon - Then while the player is dealing with Ho-Oh, Celebi is restoring the rest of the region.

You can make Ho-Oh possible to capture then, or later on. Just have him be a powerful boss or something that can be caught some time after the Elite four, maybe? Got an idea that could be done where the player ends up underground in a large cavern, filled with tree's and underbrush. Can have a tribe dedicated to Celebi down there and a final fight between TD's Elite hunters and Xanor(Maybe not? Always a sequel ;) )

Within this enormous forest-filled cavern would also be many rare Pokemon on the surface, all the Pokemon in the hack that they can't get anywhere else. Disdemon suggested that there be a way to get all of the starters during the game, and I can work that in as different mini-events around certain town's. He'd also like to hold a vote on how the player gets their starter: MD(Mystery Dungeon) or the (More?) normal way. Not sure if he read what I had posted yesterday and meant that or not.

Question about towns: What kind are we gunna have? As in, what's going to be within them? It's fine if it's not known right now, just thought to try to get ahead on some side-quests and possible events IG sooner.

Last edited:

PokemonyellowX

Team Black Forest owner
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2015
    PX: What building would Ho-Oh be doing that from? A TD facilty, I assume? Can work out how he gets captured, and how he manages to escape because of an accident that occurs, but you're gunna have to talk with the others about having maps look completely destroyed for a bit. Maybe do a cut-scene showing how damaged everything is - Make only one town accessible for some supplies an for NPC's to give advice on where they saw Ho-Oh fly off towards. Celebi, of course, will come to save the day and heal the player's Pokemon - Then while the player is dealing with Ho-Oh, Celebi is restoring the rest of the region.

You can make Ho-Oh possible to capture then, or later on. Just have him be a powerful boss or something that can be caught some time after the Elite four, maybe? Got an idea that could be done where the player ends up underground in a large cavern, filled with tree's and underbrush. Can have a tribe dedicated to Celebi down there and a final fight between TD's Elite hunters and Xanor(Maybe not? Always a sequel ;) )

Within this enormous forest-filled cavern would also be many rare Pokemon on the surface, all the Pokemon in the hack that they can't get anywhere else. Disdemon suggested that there be a way to get all of the starters during the game, and I can work that in as different mini-events around certain town's. He'd also like to hold a vote on how the player gets their starter: MD(Mystery Dungeon) or the (More?) normal way. Not sure if he read what I had posted yesterday and meant that or not.

Question about towns: What kind are we gunna have? As in, what's going to be within them? It's fine if it's not known right now, just thought to try to get ahead on some side-quests and possible events IG sooner.
    good idea. so u know i can't post veary much im useing my dsi.

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    Must i map the second town PX or does someone else wanna map it?

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    Px the rom i sent you has a tile glitch with pallete 12 so im fixing it now and ill send that one to you xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back