• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Team Flare Discussion

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    So far, Team Flare has been pretty different than their game depiction, I'd think. But what I wanted to discuss was Team Flare in general. How do you feel this arc is going to play out? Do you think Team Flare will grab a hold of Squishy? Discuss episodes within this arc here and speculations you have. Use the spoiler tag for the new episodes released, please.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I am not 100% sure how it will play out. They are in the background most of the time. The way they are handling Team Flare is very different from the way they have handled other teams. I just don't know if there is enough episodes left to do it justice unless they go into 2017 still in Gen 6 Anime.

I am almost 100% sure that there will be a massive battle between Alaine and Ash and then another one between Lysandre vs Ash and Alaine.

The Unova Saga ended about a week or to before XY games came out, but the last season was mainly filler with a few real episodes. Generally the pokemon season lasts from 48 to 60 episodes. Currently we are know about 30 episodes in to XYZ. So we have about 18 episodes and I am not sure if that is enough for both the League and dealing with Team Flare.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Well from what I've been hearing around the web, the conclusion to Flare is coming soon. Supposedly the next 3 episodes Are:

Pancham and Serena part!? The Pancham village!

Allan Vs Lysandre! Mega charziard Vs Mega Gyrados!

and

Siege on Luminous City! Team Flare Attacks Part 1!

If this is true we have two intriguing episodes coming up. Hopefully they are, and I'd love to see Ash and Co, Allan, Sycamore, and Blaziken Man team up to protect the league, maybe even have the stadium destroyed, delaying the league?

There's a lot of potential outcomes here. I like how they are in the anime, so seeing more would be great.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Well from what I've been hearing around the web, the conclusion to Flare is coming soon. Supposedly the next 3 episodes Are:

Pancham and Serena part!? The Pancham village!

Allan Vs Lysandre! Mega charziard Vs Mega Gyrados!

and

Siege on Luminous City! Team Flare Attacks Part 1!

If this is true we have two intriguing episodes coming up. Hopefully they are, and I'd love to see Ash and Co, Allan, Sycamore, and Blaziken Man team up to protect the league, maybe even have the stadium destroyed, delaying the league?

There's a lot of potential outcomes here. I like how they are in the anime, so seeing more would be great.

I'm a little confused... how soon? Serebii just updated with some new episodes set to air June 16, June 30, and July 7, and none of them indicate that the TF arc conclusion is close. The episode on June 30th actually starts the Kalos League. The next three episodes from now(in Japan) is the conclusion of Ash's 8th badge, something about a Carbink and Goodra, and an ingenuity festival.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    It sounds like those episodes might be fakes. We are starting the League in June.

It is possible that they are setting up for Team Flare to pull a Team Plasma and interrupt the league.

I am expecting Looker to come into play soon as well.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I'm a little confused... how soon? Serebii just updated with some new episodes set to air June 16, June 30, and July 7, and none of them indicate that the TF arc conclusion is close. The episode on June 30th actually starts the Kalos League. The next three episodes from now(in Japan) is the conclusion of Ash's 8th badge, something about a Carbink and Goodra, and an ingenuity festival.

Yes they seem to be fake. New titles are hype though. Betting Team flare interrupts and possibly cancels the league. Allan also is probably in the league due to shadiness from lysandre.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Now I'm wondering if people would actually prefer this over Ash getting wrecked by Alain or someone else.

I'd argue that it's even worse. I'd prefer it if Alain beat Ash so long as Ash at least does better than the Unova League if not the Sinnoh league. At least Ash would actually make an effort to win the league, rather than literally have victory snatched away from him just because some idiots disrupted the league and forced it to be cancelled.

And quite frankly, I'm already getting grave misgivings about the Flare arc conclusion as well as the league even without the possibility of the league's cancellation due to the fact that they chose to start the league at the absolute worst possible time (literally three episodes before the Volcanion movie), not to mention apparently juggle it alongside Team Flare. I fear both aspects are going to be extremely rushed, or otherwise going to cause the movie to air out of order if they don't rush it. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, in other words.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Now I'm wondering if people would actually prefer this over Ash getting wrecked by Alain or someone else.

the current theory is that it will come down to Ash vs Alain and then Team Flare interrupts.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Technically , I prefer Team Flare using Kalos League to gather "Mega-Evolution Energy" for their plan involving Zygarde.
    May be , That's Why Team Flare haven't attack Ash's group.
    Remember , Celosia and Bryony decided to keep an Eye on Ash's group after their last encounter yet there is no sign of them .
    Who know , Maybe Team Flare haven't made any move because they want Ash to take Squashy to Kalos League where they will activate their plan.

Back