• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: Team Hack-off II: Progress Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow_Link

OP ORAS Master
Years
  • Username/name: AshShadow, Shadow
    Preferred contact method: PM, IRC
    Role: I am pretty creative and have tons of ideas for regions and stuff, so I would like to be a writer, or/and a tester, because I have tested quite a few games and I am pretty good at finding bugs... (Because I try to collect every item and battle every trainer in the game)
    Skills: I can pretty much make an entire storyline quickly, if I have some help...
    Experience: 6/10 for quick storyline, if I have time, I can make it 7.5-8/10, For Testing, 9/10

I hope I can still enter and help one of the teams!

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Username/name: AshShadow, Shadow
    Preferred contact method: PM, IRC
    Role: I am pretty creative and have tons of ideas for regions and stuff, so I would like to be a writer, or/and a tester, because I have tested quite a few games and I am pretty good at finding bugs... (Because I try to collect every item and battle every trainer in the game)
    Skills: I can pretty much make an entire storyline quickly, if I have some help...
    Experience: 6/10 for quick storyline, if I have time, I can make it 7.5-8/10, For Testing, 9/10

I hope I can still enter and help one of the teams!

You're in Team Three!

The first Checkpoint is tomorrow, guys! Coordinators will have to post what they've planned so far.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    #teamfour most punctual team

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    #teamone best team

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020

Checkpoint 2

Intro: post a screenshot of the titlescreen and the game's intro
    Maps: post two screenshots or the whole map for the starting town and the first route
    Scripts: post three screenshots or a video of the script where you get your first Pokémon
    (optional) Other information and features: more details on the story, town setting, some screenshots showcasing new features

Post these by August 10!

Years
  • Hack-off II Team 3

#teamthree the only team

General Information
    Hack name: Pokémon Light Purge
    Hack of: Pokémon FireRed
    Storyline: An evil force has started sweeping over the lands in search of more power.
    Our young hero lives on one of many islands of the Sonata Region.
    On the fated day that they obtain their first Pokemon, the hero's mother is kidnapped.
    The villain wields a Darkrai and is obsessed with Love and Power.
    By capturing and draining citizens of the world, he hopes to make his Darkrai stronger for his own intents and purposes.
    Our main character must pursue the evil organization, save his mother and put a stop to the corruption at hand.
    Who can hope to stand against an ever-increasingly powerful Darkrai and the Villainous group?
    Why is they so bent on obtaining human souls?
    Find out in Team Three's Epic: POKEMON! Light Purge.
    Join forces with Latios/Latias and a world champion Pokemon Master in attempts to cleanse the world of an evil that plagues the land.
    Features:
    *Trading will not be required for any of the evolutions
    *Physical/Special split
    *New type effectiveness table
    *A berry system
    *Fairy type
    *Custom music
    *No more HMs except Surf which is now a TM
    *New tileset
    *Day/Night System with different pokemon for the times of day
    *PokeCenter and PokeMart are in the same building

Region
    Name: Sonata
    Description: The region has one mainland part along with several islands surrounding it. It is a fairly large region.
    Graphical style: This is still under consideration but new tilesets and improved maps will be included.
    Towns/cities to be included in the release: Flauré City
    Berlioz City
    Mussorgsky City
    Webern Town
    Durand Town
    Stave Island
    Clef Island
    Landmarks to be included in the release: Nocturne Forest, Vienna Tower, Etude Bridge

Story
    Description of starting events + starter pokémon: The player starts by receiving a message from Professor Root to come and obtain a Pokemon.
    After reaching the lab, the professor explains the responsibilities of being a trainer and sends you on your way.
    There seems be someone following you, though you can't quite understand why.
    As you're about to return home, a stranger jumps from the trees and challenges you to a battle.
    As the battle comes to an end, they make a remark and you rush home to find that your mother is gone.
    Now, you must make your way in-land and search for clues as to where your mother is and how to save her.

Other events to be included in the release: TBD

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 13, 2020
    #teamtwo arriving fashionably late

Spoiler:

Years
  • Alrighty here are our screenshots. The starting event that leads up to getting a starter pokemon isn't all the way done so I rewrote the one for a vanilla FR rom to show starters. Ignore that the two maps look like the same picture they aren't

Team Hack-off II: Progress Updates

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Team One spent a lot of time on mapping this week, and scripting has not had a chance to really get going yet. So there's really not too much to show yet.

But, here we go:

(ignore the Reds everywhere)

I know, nothing special just yet. But, we're getting there! Hopefully we'll have more to show next update.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020

Checkpoint 3

Maps: post two screenshots or the whole map for the next city/town and route
    (optional) Scripts: post three screenshots or a video of a small event (doesn't have to be story related)

It looks like 10 days weren't enough so this time the requirements won't be so many. I'd include more and make the Checkpoint ten days later, but I'd rather keep one every ten days just to know everyone's progress. Some teams missed some of the requirements for this Checkpoint, so post them next week, and update your previous posts! Deadline is August 20th!

Only two more maps will be needed for next time so everyone can catch up. There should also be time for all the maps' houses and NPC dialogues. A small event in the first city or town would be nice since there won't be a gym. No landmarks such as forests or caves yet, unless you really have to. The next two Checkpoints will require a route with a landmark and a town/city with a gym.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Team One spent a lot of time on mapping this week, and scripting has not had a chance to really get going yet. So there's really not too much to show yet.

Spoiler:

I know, nothing special just yet. But, we're getting there! Hopefully we'll have more to show next update.

Here are some maps to appease Lord Spheal :<.

Spoiler:

#Team2 arriving fashionably late yet again.
    Spoiler:

Time to post your updates! Could you also send me a list of the inactive people in your teams? People who don't really have any hacking roles but still help and try to contribute are fine.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • #Team2 some how the first ones.............. Yet again fashionably late!!!
    Anyways here are the first maps of the game within the game!!(game-ception)
    Please note all maps are not final
    Digital version of Central City

And as all great MMO's we also have the overly basic first training map!!!!!

And for all of you fans we have a little treat, character profiles for some of the main NPC's in the game!
    Spoiler:

Yeaaaaa wooooooo hypppppppeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    #HYPE#HYPE#HYPE#HYPE#HYPE#HYPE#HYPE#HYPE#HYPE#HYPE#HYPE#HYPE#HYPE

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back