• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team I Am A Terrible User (OU RMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    not only Skarm though, theres Zone ( trapping both Lucario and Scizor and kills Gyarados before DD if it is Scarfed ) and Zong.

What is the move Scizor uses most and spams ? U-TURN ! A smart Scizor player wont lose to Zone.

Scarf Zone cant OHKO Lucario.

Why would you keep Gyara in on a scarf Zone ?

There isnt a Zong on this team.

Can we cut the theorymon, thanks.

EDIT :
    I won't switch to Guts as it would ruin my 100% Dynamicpunch accuracy. And I'm looking at Thunderbolt for Rotom, since Discharge's power is ... eww... Discharge can't even OHKO Gyara.. and Gyara's Stone Edge is powerful against other Gyara's.

Sometimes i wonder about this forum....:/

Are you serious ? It destroys Gyarados, that is pretty dumb, have you haven done calcs/tested this ? Discharge is superior as it stops heatran from switching in readily.

Hint : The idea is to switch to Cross Chop when using guts. :/

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    I won't switch to Guts as it would ruin my 100% Dynamicpunch accuracy. And I'm looking at Thunderbolt for Rotom, since Discharge's power is ... eww... Discharge can't even OHKO Gyara.. and Gyara's Stone Edge is powerful against other Gyara's.

you can use Thunderbolt but you wont have the high chance of Paralyzing, though Thunderbolt is still a good option.

What is the move Scizor uses most and spams ? U-TURN ! A smart Scizor player wont lose to Zone.

Scarf Zone cant OHKO Lucario.

Why would you keep Gyara in on a scarf Zone ?

There isnt a Zong on this team.

Can we cut the theorymon, thanks.

EDIT :

Sometimes i wonder about this forum....:/

Are you serious ? It destroys Gyarados, that is pretty dumb, have you haven done calcs/tested this ? Discharge is superior as it stops heatran from switching in readily.

Hint : The idea is to switch to Cross Chop when using guts. :/

lets cut the theorymon yeah >.>, It was dumb starting it .....

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • instead of paralyzing, Rotom can use WoW to burn, and burn is better than paralyze.. just Heatran :P Beat Ontop on my second try, his Gyarados was confused thanks to DynamicPunch, and Lucario then Extremespeeded it to death :D

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    246 Atk vs 236 Def & 331 HP (80 Base Power): 364 - 432 (109.97% - 130.51%)

Discharge does 109% min to Gyarados btw...lol

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • well, it didn't OHKO when i tried it the first time, anyways i'm keeping Discharge there, and ScarfTran failed horribly...

Years
    • VA
    • Seen May 13, 2014
    Just wanted to throw this out there. I've been using Bulk Up Machamp lately as well, but I changed it to this:

Machamp @ Leftovers
    Adamant Nature / No Guard
    252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SpD
    ~Bulk Up
    ~Dynamicpunch
    ~Payback
    ~Stone Edge / Thunderpunch / Ice Punch

I wasn't really sure what the point of the speed EVs were since most of the type special attackers like Gengar/Latias/Starmie/etc think they can switch into champ. Since nearly none of them use Psychic, adding some SpD bulk makes it very easy to KO them all with Payback. I let the attack hit a reasonable jump point and then put all the rest of the EVs in SpD. I am still testing this, but it seems to do pretty well for what I wanted. Something to think about.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Just wanted to throw this out there. I've been using Bulk Up Machamp lately as well, but I changed it to this:

Machamp @ Leftovers
    Adamant Nature / No Guard
    252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SpD
    ~Bulk Up
    ~Dynamicpunch
    ~Payback
    ~Stone Edge / Thunderpunch / Ice Punch

I wasn't really sure what the point of the speed EVs were since most of the type special attackers like Gengar/Latias/Starmie/etc think they can switch into champ. Since nearly none of them use Psychic, adding some SpD bulk makes it very easy to KO them all with Payback. I let the attack hit a reasonable jump point and then put all the rest of the EVs in SpD. I am still testing this, but it seems to do pretty well for what I wanted. Something to think about.

None of those use Psychic.

The evs are to beat Skarmory before it can brave bird you.

Years
    • VA
    • Seen May 13, 2014
    None of those use Psychic.

The evs are to beat Skarmory before it can brave bird you.

Ahh, that seems a little pointless. Not every team runs a Skarm, and not every Skarm runs Brave Bird. Kinda like EV'ing Gliscor to outrun Jolly Ice Punch Lucario, even though very few Lucario are that kind. If you hit Skarm as it comes in, it's still confused and may give you a free switch anyway.

And I wouldn't say NONE use psychic, I have seen some weird crap on Shoddy battle. Again, playing to your odds, the vast majority don't, so it's usually not an issue.

Not saying anyone else should use my Machamp, just thought I'd mention it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2012
    may I suggest ScarfTran? it can hit enough hard and can take on Will-O-whispers and activate its Flash Fire. it can work well when combined with scizor's x4 fire weakness.

yeah dont use ScarfTran >.> it is now kinda handled in the metagame lol.

??

Anyway, teams don't need to have a balance of special and physical offense, in fact, stacking up on one form is actually more preferable, as it lets you eventually overpower and beat walls that commonly wall the two. For example, SD Lucario and Gyarados are both walled by Celebi, but if Gyarados weakens it the first time it's out, then Lucario is able to finish it off the second turn. By mixing your offenses, you make it harder to combat teams that have defensive Pokemon that can handle specially and physically offensive Pokemon.

Just wanted to say that, as for the team, I wouldn't use Guts on Machamp. Dynamicpunch makes it so annoying and frustrating to switch into that all of its would be "counters" have to predict or end up having a 50% chance to even do anything to the beast. Discharge is superior on Defensive Rotom, for reasons D_A already stated.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    ??

Anyway, teams don't need to have a balance of special and physical offense, in fact, stacking up on one form is actually more preferable, as it lets you eventually overpower and beat walls that commonly wall the two. For example, SD Lucario and Gyarados are both walled by Celebi, but if Gyarados weakens it the first time it's out, then Lucario is able to finish it off the second turn. By mixing your offenses, you make it harder to combat teams that have defensive Pokemon that can handle specially and physically offensive Pokemon.

you can just ignore what I said >.> .

madskil72

I don't really have mad skills
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2011
    Hi there,
    uh u actually have quite a weekness to weezing..
    u might want like a psychic in there, that could act as ur sp. atker too.
    nasty plot elf, or celebi could work rather well
    also i apologize for being a noob lol =/
    otherwise good team =)

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • nobody uses weezing in ou?

Actually Weezing is pretty good in OU, I've used it before =P But that's beside the point.

But I do agree with Bedlam, overwhelming with one type of attack force is just as good or even better than being mixed.

fail itachi is fail

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back