• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Team Plasma Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023

Just a thought, and I don't know if this has been brought up before already, but I guess now is the best chance to bring it out of the basket here.

Do you think it's possible that Team Plasma may just have two different purposes in the games? There definitely seems to be a strong sense that the plot will revolve around naturalization and technology, and I'm going with that. But if you look at Pokémon Black, it's more modernized while if you look at Pokémon White, it is more forested.

My point, what if Team Plasma in Black wants to plot for naturalization while Team Plasma in White wants to reign over Isshu with advanced technology. This would also make sense on exactly why Reshiram is in Black (the modernized game) and why Zekrom is in White (the more natural game). Reshiram is signified by the ancient flame, and Zekrom is signified by modern day electricity. As for N, he could be there supporting whatever Team Plasma has in store and is the key to awakening each game's respective mascot with the given crown. I don't know about anyone else, but this makes a lot of sense if it were to run this way given the facts and speculation we have currently...

I totally agree, also since Plasma can be both natural and linked to industry.

Since the version differences are already quite big it's obvious they are going to differ in important ways, and I think this is it.

Years

Just a thought, and I don't know if this has been brought up before already, but I guess now is the best chance to bring it out of the basket here.

Do you think it's possible that Team Plasma may just have two different purposes in the games? There definitely seems to be a strong sense that the plot will revolve around naturalization and technology, and I'm going with that. But if you look at Pokémon Black, it's more modernized while if you look at Pokémon White, it is more forested.

My point, what if Team Plasma in Black wants to plot for naturalization while Team Plasma in White wants to reign over Isshu with advanced technology. This would also make sense on exactly why Reshiram is in Black (the modernized game) and why Zekrom is in White (the more natural game). Reshiram is signified by the ancient flame, and Zekrom is signified by modern day electricity. As for N, he could be there supporting whatever Team Plasma has in store and is the key to awakening each game's respective mascot with the given crown. I don't know about anyone else, but this makes a lot of sense if it were to run this way given the facts and speculation we have currently.

Plus, it wouldn't be the first time that the game's differentiate in plot - Team Magma in Ruby wanted to dry up the oceans, while Team Aqua in Sapphire wanted to cover the region in water.

@ Kaori:
    Yes, I definitely love that logo and the way it's introduced before battle. It just screams epic to me :3

Im beginning to think that maybe Black version's team plasma will be different from white version's. Maybe they're a splintered group- one side wants reshiram, the other zekrom, corresponding to which version you buy.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years

My point, what if Team Plasma in Black wants to plot for naturalization while Team Plasma in White wants to reign over Isshu with advanced technology. This would also make sense on exactly why Reshiram is in Black (the modernized game) and why Zekrom is in White (the more natural game). Reshiram is signified by the ancient flame, and Zekrom is signified by modern day electricity. As for N, he could be there supporting whatever Team Plasma has in store and is the key to awakening each game's respective mascot with the given crown. I don't know about anyone else, but this makes a lot of sense if it were to run this way given the facts and speculation we have currently.

Plus, it wouldn't be the first time that the game's differentiate in plot - Team Magma in Ruby wanted to dry up the oceans, while Team Aqua in Sapphire wanted to cover the region in water.

@ Kaori:
    Yes, I definitely love that logo and the way it's introduced before battle. It just screams epic to me :3
    this actually might be right because i know that theyre probably not changing looks of cities for nothing and this kind of happened with magma sapphire

The Red Chain

My point, what if Team Plasma in Black wants to plot for naturalization while Team Plasma in White wants to reign over Isshu with advanced technology.

This makes a lot of sense due to how Team Magma and Team Aqua were in Ruby and Sapphire. It also explains why the opposite dragon is reigning in the opposite game. Reshiram in Black, where the Black City is found. Zekrom in White, where the White Forest is found. Both forces trying to obliterate either technology, or natural energy completely. I still give props to whoever said Team Plasma are knights in shining armor. That was a dang good observation. :D

I'm gonna go with N being on the natural side at all times, due to how Pokejungle's posted video shows him as a young child in the wild with Pokemon. It just makes sense for him wanting Pokeballs and all other devices for capturing/training Pokemon to never exist, to keep Pokemon in the wild where they belong. Like they were when he was a kid... or so he thinks anyway.

Last edited:

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Plasma is its own state of matter, you cant just bottle it up like that, it can only be artificially produced in a lab. But, like you said, it occurs in nature as well, (lightning is a good example like you said) and their garb and the castle they reside in would indicate they are old-fashioned i think.
    are you thinking, what I'm thinking? :D
    Artificially produced in a lab, you described in better than me! Technology is artificially produced in a r&d center lab or in other locations, Zekrom, does it look artifically produced? Team Plasma has the name maybe b/c like you said plasma can only be artificially produced in a lab, this could symbolize development, which symbolizes industrialization and Zekrom. :knockedou

Though I'm still on the fence. Like if Plasma is like Aqua/Magama in RSE I'd think that their costume would differ according to the version being played. Imo, I just can't see these 'knightly' men and women encouraging industrialization in one version and nature in another. They just seem more into one than the other, or is GF just holding out on us....

austy14

Cannibal
    Years

Seems very likely. Really like the idea! :D And btw, there is natural plasma other than lightning. It's in space and makes stars and planets and stuff :P

Years
    are you thinking, what I'm thinking? :D
    Artificially produced in a lab, you described in better than me! Technology is artificially produced in a r&d center lab or in other locations, Zekrom, does it look artifically produced? Team Plasma has the name maybe b/c like you said plasma can only be artificially produced in a lab, this could symbolize development, which symbolizes industrialization and Zekrom. :knockedou

Though I'm still on the fence. Like if Plasma is like Aqua/Magama in RSE I'd think that their costume would differ according to the version being played. Imo, I just can't see these 'knightly' men and women encouraging industrialization in one version and nature in another. They just seem more into one than the other, or is GF just holding out on us....

If you look at the latest rumor, team plasma is led N's brother, Suasu (South) or whatever, and it would appear that the brothers don't always get along, indicating on brother favors one side of the natural/artificial argument i think. :) i think we're right.

diamondmutt1111

A wild summer appeared!
    Years

@ Kaori:

actually, black is the tech one while white is the "save the forest" one.

diamondmutt1111

A wild summer appeared!
    Years
    umm i think he means that team plasma will try to reign with technology in white and natural power in black...

oooooooo sorry about that...I must have read it wrong

...that isn't actually that bad of an idea.

considering that Ruby/Sapphire was similiar. kinda like a "teaser" for the remakes of Ruby/Sapphire. i guess...idk

anyways, team plasma should DEFINITLY use Koromori as the "zubat".

what i'm saying is Koromori is Zubat's replacement. Zubat (Golbat and Crobat) were used by EVERY TEAM before Gen. 5.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    When "Team Plasma" first popped into my head, I imagined them as having high tech suits, but I was disappointed when I saw the grunts wearing medieval outfits. So I don't like them in terms of design. But in the screenshots shown, it looks like they're planning something really big, so I might like them a little.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    yea i was wondering why their name isnt more medieval when theyre outfits are a knights one

Bay

Years

@ Kaori:
    I remember there has been vague mentions here of maybe Team Plasma having different roles in the games, though not explained how the different roles will be compared to Team Magma and Team Aqua in the third gen games. But yeah like everyone else I would love it if that happens.

As for the logo , as I watched it featured in the video I'm all "Yesssss!" because that's one awesome logo. XD

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    If team Plasma does really have two plans in the both versions like in RS, then I think the third version would be like a dream I had...where there was one team that split...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Perhaps I was being a tad bit too analytical before when I stated that the whole nature vs technology thing wasn't going to be present in the game because both fire and lightning both exist as natural elements, but it could also be present in the game for other reasons besides that(which is more of what I'm hoping for, since...it wouldn't make a lot of sense to me if the games were nature vs nurture for the former reason, but I guess I'll deal with it).

What I hope for is that this team would actually succeed in their plan, but have it backfire, just as Team Magma/Aqua succeeded theirs(Team Galactic was really close, but the power of the legendaries might've proven too much and Giratina pretty much destroyed Cyrus' plans). This would actually be really interesting to experience again as you try to restore the balance and everything back to normal.
    Actually I think they might actually succeed as they show Rashiram Awaken, and Zekrom as well in the cutsceens :D!

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    Perhaps I was being a tad bit too analytical before when I stated that the whole nature vs technology thing wasn't going to be present in the game because both fire and lightning both exist as natural elements, but it could also be present in the game for other reasons besides that(which is more of what I'm hoping for, since...it wouldn't make a lot of sense to me if the games were nature vs nurture for the former reason, but I guess I'll deal with it).

What I hope for is that this team would actually succeed in their plan, but have it backfire, just as Team Magma/Aqua succeeded theirs(Team Galactic was really close, but the power of the legendaries might've proven too much and Giratina pretty much destroyed Cyrus' plans). This would actually be really interesting to experience again as you try to restore the balance and everything back to normal.
    Yeah i would really love for them to instead of being stopped before succeeding, that they be stopped while succeeded. That would really give the story a boost, I mean you could actually see the changes in the scenery changing according to whatever their plans are.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    i would love if you'd have a battle before reshiram/zekrom, then if you lose their plans succeed, if you'd win they fail. and if you'd lose you could battle them later after the elite4.

Last edited:

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    i would love if you'd have a battle before reshiram/zekrom, then if you lose their plans succeed, if you'd win they fail. and if you'd lose you could battle them later after the elite4.
    Somehting like that might work. Rumors WERE around that the story was more choice based.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back