• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Team Plasma Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2011
    The first thing I thought when I saw them was Templar Knights. The reason for that is, according to some people, the Templar Knights have been in America, for example to hide their treasure. And I think Isshu is based on NYC.. I think that they might be referring to that theory..

Or, I think their goal are to make america as it was before the American Revolution...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    The first thing I thought when I saw them was Templar Knights. The reason for that is, according to some people, the Templar Knights have been in America, for example to hide their treasure. And I think Isshu is based on NYC.. I think that they might be referring to that theory..

Or, I think their goal are to make america as it was before the American Revolution...
    True...wonder if the treasure was the crown that they showed:\

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    You mean the Masons, the Templar's were in France and Medieval Europe, and they're dressed nothing like the Masons ... :-/

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I doubt it. Extremely. Knights aren't Free Masons

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Its a possibility. IDK really. Im not the head of Nintendo ... Yet

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    In any case, I hope the Admins have their hoods down. It would look oodles better.

EDIT: Also, plasma is rather associated with heat and electricity. I never bothered to look up the specifics, but it is.

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    PEOPLE! Plasma hasnt been translated, so dont take it to mean anything just yet

Bay

Years
    I wonder what made them go with a medieval inspired costume. Were they aiming for something "old" to contrast the technologically advanced region, or some kind of "European" feel to help emphasize that Isshu is far away from Japan Kanto, Johto, etc.? In any case, I don't care for their baby bonnet hood things.
    I think it most likely have to do with them going the old ways to contrast themselves from modern technology. And it's really not a baby bonnet hood. Well, what they're wearing now could be so. x_x However, pretty much knights are covered up top and bottom for protection, which includes the hoods covering their heads. I don't mind the hoods like most people here due to real knights having the hoods, but then again I'm into medieval stuff. XD

Those are suits that people wear in the Middle Ages. Of course, since none of us are alive at that time, of course people think it's hilarious!

Team Plasma better be evil-er...I can't take them seriously for some reason 0_o
    Just because we didn't wear the suits and such in the Middle Ages doesn't them they're hilarious. I'm actually interested with how people dress in different cultures and different time periods as clothing is one way to indicate how the times and tastes have changed in various eras and cultures. That's probably just me, though.

PEOPLE! Plasma hasnt been translated, so dont take it to mean anything just yet
    Actually, most of the Pokemon sites like Serebii and PokeBeach already confirmed for now that the team is Team Plasma. So yeah, for now we're stuck with that name whether we like it or not.

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
    hmm what strikes me is the fact that America didn't exist in the Middle Ages
    the first American settlement was established like 300 years later
    i wonder if they're Combining America and Europe we've seen that Gothic Styled Mansion
    coming out of the ground or something o_O
    in the more recent Oha Suta and that made me wonder since America doesn't have Gothic Styled buildings
    i'm sure we do... just not as abundant as, say England

and on the name of Plasma... since in the Japanese literal translations it's aways been
    "namehere" Gang... so it's not really TEAM Plasma but the Plasma Gang
    and all the other Team names have been the same in Japanese and English
    the odd one being Team Galactic since in Japanese it was Galaxy Gang
    so they might change it and they might not to maybe something like
    Team Plasmatic <<<< but that's not a real word =P

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    honestly i think they all look ridiculous honestly i wished they stayed with team rocket

... Your insane. Team Rocket got boring after Johto. And Johto wasnt done as well as it could have been

Mista T

Pityin' fools.
    Years
    Johto's story was intriguing. A last-ditch attempt to revive a once thriving crime syndicate, reaching an acme, and then coming to the realization that, without their former leader, they could never achieve their past success. Sort of like post-Roman Europe. Constantine and Charlemagne and all that jazz.

But I agree, anymore Team Rocket and the games would become ridiculous.

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
    It's not that I would like Team Rocket again, but they had the most realistic goals. Now all of a sudden the bad teams want to change the world or even destroy it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back