• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Team Plasma Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Considering we don't know anything besides her name and can't really speculate on anything yet regarding her, just going to merge this into the Team Plasma thread where this is best suited. If we find out a significant amount of information unrelated to Team Plasma, making her somewhat more important, then I'll move the discussion back into its own thread.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    Riine is confirmed to be fake. The scan is in fact a cheap edit of an existing character, and PokeJungle, where you got it, has *FAKE* in the title. :3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Luckily I merged it then by not allowing it to have its own thread. :D

tbh I didn't really believe it.

Let's all get back onto normal Plasma discussion then :)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    It's too bad since she had a cool name and everything. At least they didn't show a picture to where people would compare or be disappointed when we actually do see the real head honcho to her.

I hope we get more information on Team Plasma within the next few weeks. The evil organizations never had a female leader and it's always been a male. Giovanni, Maxie, Archie and Cyrus from Team Rocket, Aqua and Magma to Galactic. I think it would be a nice change to have a female leader this time like they made the change with the professor. Yes, it would seem like they're changing everything to female from the professor to her assistant to a female Team Plasma leader but it wouldn't hurt either.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    Riine is confirmed to be fake. The scan is in fact a cheap edit of an existing character, and PokeJungle, where you got it, has *FAKE* in the title. :3
    yes i know but first they didn't had *FAKE* in the title.

Originally posted by Kaori
    It's too bad since she had a cool name and everything. At least they didn't show a picture to where people would compare or be disappointed when we actually do see the real head honcho to her.

I hope we get more information on Team Plasma within the next few weeks. The evil organizations never had a female leader and it's always been a male. Giovanni, Maxie, Archie and Cyrus from Team Rocket, Aqua and Magma to Galactic. I think it would be a nice change to have a female leader this time like they made the change with the professor. Yes, it would seem like they're changing everything to female from the professor to her assistant to a female Team Plasma leader but it wouldn't hurt either.

yeah it would be great if they make the switch from male -> female white->dark

Satoshi_poketo monsta

Pokemon Master.
    Years
    Team Plasma isn't really having a bad design as I can see though. But still, I'm not really sure enough how many Executive member's to appear in this team. Perhaps, 3 or...4, NO! 5 is good to me. Too bad the Boss still not appear yet. By and by, There's only a few days remaining and Pokemon BW will finally release.

FalseDestiny

Troll
    Years
    Yeah a female leader would be nice this time around. Even Cipher, Snagem, Go Rock Squad and Dim Sun all had male leaders.

And with the female professor, a new addition, I wouldn't be surprised to see female team leader this time around.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Yeah a female leader would be nice this time around. Even Cipher, Snagem, Go Rock Squad and Dim Sun all had male leaders.

And with the female professor, a new addition, I wouldn't be surprised to see female team leader this time around.
    Well it's possible that we might have a Female leader to Plasma or in the next generation team as we have had a Female champion last gen, a Female professor this gen and next could be a Female Leader in this gen or next :)

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    Its just too bad that the evil teams are getting weirder and weirder. I was hoping for more traditional criminals, not eccentrics.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Which fits in perfectly with their archaic, old school theme. ^^ so it looks like i was sort of right, in that they appear to have a reverence for nature.
    but the name, plasma, doesn't scream nature to me.

Has anyone mentioned the fact that plasma is a very good conductor due to the fact of it being ionized? Like lightning being an example of plasma on Earth's surface.
    I don't know, I just thought why the name 'Plasma' then I thought science, and from what I know already it seems like Plasma would be more related or equally between a natural/industrialized world.
    Plasma is present in nature, naturally and it's also apart of the industrialized world. Say to use plasma to light up a tiny LED bulb you'd need a magnetic field to contain it in, considering plasma doesn't want to act like a plasma and how easily it could come in contact w/ other materials if put in that situation (reshiram, nature does not like to be changed forcibly??). Couldn't this--using plasma to power a light bulb--in the story be seen as helping industrialization too, or in other words Zekrom? There is more but that's just a short explanation.

Years
    but the name, plasma, doesn't scream nature to me.

Has anyone mentioned the fact that plasma is a very good conductor due to the fact of it being ionized? Like lightning being an example of plasma on Earth's surface.
    I don't know, I just thought why the name 'Plasma' then I thought science, and from what I know already it seems like Plasma would be more related or equally between a natural/industrialized world.
    Plasma is present in nature, naturally and it's also apart of the industrialized world. Say to use plasma to light up a tiny LED bulb you'd need a magnetic field to contain it in, considering plasma doesn't want to act like a plasma and how easily it could come in contact w/ other materials if put in that situation (reshiram, nature does not like to be changed forcibly??). Couldn't this--using plasma to power a light bulb--in the story be seen as helping industrialization too, or in other words Zekrom? There is more but that's just a short explanation.

Plasma is its own state of matter, you cant just bottle it up like that, it can only be artificially produced in a lab. But, like you said, it occurs in nature as well, (lightning is a good example like you said) and their garb and the castle they reside in would indicate they are old-fashioned i think.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    everyone watch the video here-https://pokejungle.net/
    in one part it shows a group of plasma agents in one place with the hero, perhaps a hideout.
    Another seems to shed some light on the elusive past of the leader/n (although I can't read japanese

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    ...Am I the only one who seriously does not give a hoot about Team Plasma? Their outfits are retarded just like Galactic's, and N looks like an idiot to me. At least Cyrus is delusional and self-centered but good-looking, and I found him to be an interesting character despite the fact that his minions and commanders are fools with the worst sense of fashion in the entire history of organized evil. Team Plasma seems to be following on their footsteps as far as costumes go (never seen anything so ridiculous and laughable in my bloody life; if anyone threatened me dressed in Team Plasma outfits I'd drop to the floor and start rollin' around laughing my ass off). Seriously, this whole eccentricity thing that Plasma has got going on is getting really old now, plus the idiotic concept of separating humans and Pokemon... what? It's all screaming stupidity to me. I dunno, I don't care if people like them, but personally I already know I'll be rolling my eyes at Team Plasma SO HARD it will hurt. Thankfully the my first playthrough in the games will be with the Japanese one so I won't have a friggin' clue of what nonsense they're spouting about. :>

/haters gonna hate

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    If you've seen the video, then I'm sure you've seen the hot new look for Team Plasma's symbol. Probably my favorite evil organization logo since Aqua. Watching the video, you also note how it's backed up with an electric buzz; which makes sense considering plasma is the type of gas found in energy such as a lightning bolt. Taking a second look at it, the font of the "P" is also very medieval which could back up the theory on Team Plasma's goal against naturalization vs. technology.

Team Plasma Discussion

Loving it so far. n_n

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    If you've seen the video, then I'm sure you've seen the hot new look for Team Plasma's symbol. Probably my favorite evil organization logo since Aqua. Watching the video, you also note how it's backed up with an electric buzz; which makes sense considering plasma is the type of gas found in energy such as a lightning bolt. Taking a second look at it, the font of the "P" is also very medieval which could back up the theory on Team Plasma's goal against naturalization vs. technology.

Team Plasma Discussion

Loving it so far. n_n

Since their name is team plasma, they should be on the side of technology while N beng against them fights for nature.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Since their name is team plasma, they should be on the side of technology while N beng against them fights for nature.
    Just a thought, and I don't know if this has been brought up before already, but I guess now is the best chance to bring it out of the basket here.

Do you think it's possible that Team Plasma may just have two different purposes in the games? There definitely seems to be a strong sense that the plot will revolve around naturalization and technology, and I'm going with that. But if you look at Pokémon Black, it's more modernized while if you look at Pokémon White, it is more forested.

My point, what if Team Plasma in Black wants to plot for naturalization while Team Plasma in White wants to reign over Isshu with advanced technology. This would also make sense on exactly why Reshiram is in Black (the modernized game) and why Zekrom is in White (the more natural game). Reshiram is signified by the ancient flame, and Zekrom is signified by modern day electricity. As for N, he could be there supporting whatever Team Plasma has in store and is the key to awakening each game's respective mascot with the given crown. I don't know about anyone else, but this makes a lot of sense if it were to run this way given the facts and speculation we have currently.

Plus, it wouldn't be the first time that the game's differentiate in plot - Team Magma in Ruby wanted to dry up the oceans, while Team Aqua in Sapphire wanted to cover the region in water.

@ Kaori:
    Yes, I definitely love that logo and the way it's introduced before battle. It just screams epic to me :3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back