• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Rocket: A Failed Organisation?

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Over all these years, spanning over the four regions, what has Team Rocket achieved? I know that Team Rocket was able to create Mewtwo, but it was not under their control for long. All of their plans end up failed as we have seen in the first two movies. Adding onto that, the Rocket Trio hasn't been able to catch Pikachu or any other Pokemon either. Even if they do manage to catch any Pokemon, Ash and co. get them back before the end of an episode.
    ^ This is what is to be discussed about.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    I think it has been made on purpose that the "bad guys," which are the Team Rocket, fail so badly on all their "bad" missions to incite little children that being bad is... bad xD They rather make the "good" characters' lives prosper into something better than the "bad" characters.

Years
    I wouldn't base your assumptions that they suck just because Jesse & James are terrible members. Team Rocket is still a very dangerous organization in Kanto & I'm guessing they are pretty well off seeing as they have branches all over. You just don't hear much about them because they're mainly in Kanto & Ash is somewhere else

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    I wouldn't base your assumptions that they suck just because Jesse & James are terrible members. Team Rocket is still a very dangerous organization in Kanto & I'm guessing they are pretty well off seeing as they have branches all over. You just don't hear much about them because they're mainly in Kanto & Ash is somewhere else
    Wow, you are saying that my assumptions suck, while you are yourself making a baseless comment. Did you even read what the thread was to discuss? I'm asking what Team Rocket has achieved. Whatever big endeavors Team Rocket undertook under Giovanni have failed. They might have terrorized the petty trainers all around the region, but haven't done anything more than that.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    Well, we don't know what Team Rocket has really achieved, because as Ambellina stated, we watch Ash and not the rest of TR, the only time they appear a threat is during plot device mode when Ash and Co are in the vicinity and ruin their plans. But for all we know, they could be out taking over Lavender Town or the Power Plan or something. You can't really say that they fail as a whole organization, because we don't see much of them, save for Jessie and James, and yes, they have had their failures, but half of that was because Ash got involved, but in BW its a whole new ball game.

Nyjil da Kid

Jambalaya of Justice League
    Years
    Over all these years, spanning over the four regions, what has Team Rocket achieved? I know that Team Rocket was able to create Mewtwo, but it was not under their control for long. All of their plans end up failed as we have seen in the first two movies. Adding onto that, the Rocket Trio hasn't been able to catch Pikachu or any other Pokemon either. Even if they do manage to catch any Pokemon, Ash and co. get them back before the end of an episode.
    ^ This is what is to be discussed about.

Even though I know that when you say catch you mean "steal another character's" but I think Yanma was in a way stolen. Not really, but this is just to spite you ;P
    TR also successfully caught and controlled a Celebi, Latios and/ or Latias as well. *spite* Not so sure with Heroes anymore...but still, good job Team Rocket!!!

Years
    I think in the games at least, under Giovanni they accomplished plenty in their time. Cut off some Slowpoke tails, forced some Magikarp to evolve, killed a Marowak, kidnapped a few old men, recruited Blaine to make a Mewtwo and made a spooky mansion that was pretty cool. They have the coolest costumes, and their leader was an actual Gym leader.

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
    They are not a failed organization. Jessie and James are the fail. They are comedic relief. Let's face it, they suck at their jobs and they're not really evil. The actual organization though is pretty scary...just two of their employs aren't very good at it! haha

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    In the games, Team Rocket is considered as a "purely evil oraganization" (up to the point when they murdered a Marowak). In the anime, they're still evil, considering the fact that they created Mewtwo. It's just the trio of Jessie, James and Meowth that's causing failure for the organization as a whole.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2011
    I think Team Rocket are the best idea for the anime because they help to make ash's pokemon to evolve/stronger.

Krizor

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    How is it a "failed organization"?

It's outlasted Magma, Aqua, and Team Galactic.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    They are not a failed organization. Jessie and James are the fail. They are comedic relief. Let's face it, they suck at their jobs and they're not really evil. The actual organization though is pretty scary...just two of their employs aren't very good at it! haha

But they still manage to go higher up in rank during the BW saga.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I think it has been made on purpose that the "bad guys," which are the Team Rocket, fail so badly on all their "bad" missions to incite little children that being bad is... bad xD They rather make the "good" characters' lives prosper into something better than the "bad" characters.
    I agree, cause I don't think the Pokemon creators would like the bad guys [Team Rocket] to win, since their bad. But I would love to see Team Rocket suceed for once.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    How is it a "failed organization"?

It's outlasted Magma, Aqua, and Team Galactic.

Team aqua and magma never necisaraly failed. They were actually very powerfull and rich with things like drill tanks submarines and helicopters, They simply disbanded because they saw what they were doing was wrong, or they turned good and saught to help the world instead of offbalance it.

Team galactic... Well I hated their looks but aparently they were filthy rich if they could afford some sort of fusion bomb to open up a portal to another diension. They had the potential to live on if cyrus hadnt left them, or if the admins got away, though noone knows what happened to chriton (spelling?)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Giovanni doesn't have high hopes for them, so I don't think they have failed at all - they're surpassing his expectations most of the time by even trying to capture Pikachu, so that's successful imo.

Krizor

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Team aqua and magma never necisaraly failed. They were actually very powerfull and rich with things like drill tanks submarines and helicopters, They simply disbanded because they saw what they were doing was wrong, or they turned good and saught to help the world instead of offbalance it.

Team galactic... Well I hated their looks but aparently they were filthy rich if they could afford some sort of fusion bomb to open up a portal to another diension. They had the potential to live on if cyrus hadnt left them, or if the admins got away, though noone knows what happened to chriton (spelling?)

I never said they failed, but they did all disband, while TR is still here.

So I can't see how TR could possibly be viewed as a failed organization.

Back