• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Rocket ... Are In Alola?

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020

I pretty much agree with this sentiment. The ultimate form of feedback for any corporation is how much money they make. If a company does something wrong, their feedback is their loss in their customer base and their lack of profit. If a video game company does something wrong, the best thing a consumer can do is just not buy their product. If you don't like a product and you buy it anyways, then you are not helping yourself or the company you want to change.

It does make sense to complain so that the reason you don't like the product can be heard, which can then further be supported by the fact that you did not purchase the product (or got your money back). However complaining about the same thing over and over again, chastising others for liking something you didn't like, or complaining despite further continuing to purchase the product that you keep complaining about, those options don't help promote the company to change for the better. If they have your money, that says to that company that they succeeded, whether you believe that to be true or not.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years

That was honestly a good read, and I agree with it. Things like this is why I find the USUM complaints of "nothing new" unwarranted. People need to realize that Pokemon has lasted for 21 years now, and it's because of what they're doing has always worked.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I am not saying that Game Freak should do what we want. I am saying that pandering to one particular region and gen is a terrible decision that could lead to less sales and possibly bankrupt.

Perhaps in the long term, but it has reaped them benefits in the short term. I mean, Pokemon GO sold a ton at first based on Gen I nostalgia. Pokemon started relying on Gen I nostalgia more heavily during Gen V... (then VI, and now VII...) ironically it was the first one not to feature the region...

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I think that a game company should just do what they think is right. Fans buy the games because they like them, you don't need to change the games to make people like them, that will just drive people away if anything.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I think that a game company should just do what they think is right. Fans buy the games because they like them, you don't need to change the games to make people like them, that will just drive people away if anything.

As a company they will have to make changes if they get low sales. Though, Masuda said that they enjoyed surprising fans. Pokemon would get stale if it weren't for those changes and additions ^^.

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2023
    It just occurred to me the Rainbow in Rainbow Rocket might be a reference for the Bifrost, the Rainbow Bridge that connects Asgard elsewhere. It does travel through worlds.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    It just occurred to me the Rainbow in Rainbow Rocket might be a reference for the Bifrost, the Rainbow Bridge that connects Asgard elsewhere. It does travel through worlds.

I knew it. Loki is in charge of Rainbow Rocket, this entire time we've been filled with lies!

That is an interesting theory, although I was thinking more along the lines of them setting up base in Alola, and Alola being closely associated with rainbows.

I'm really interested to see how much the Chinese Riddler got right, if it's a conglomeration of past Teams or if it's just Team Rocket.

Years
    prior to pokemon sun last pokemon game I played was platinum back a few years ago team rocket was the kind of bad guys I loved encountering because of how ... well likeable they were cant wait to see if they are going to make a full on comeback or is this is just a sidequest id love to see them be a big part of US

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Having just Team Rocket return with a useless post game does not help USUM.

I prefer to see all evil teams to return with involvement with legendaries. That WILL make a great post game.

I can imagine the leaders using a legendary in a battle against our character:
    Giovanni - Mewtwo
    Maxie - Groudon
    Archie - Kyogre
    Cyrus - Dialga (US)/Palkia (UM) and/or Giratina.
    Ghetsis - Kyurem
    Lysandre - Xerneas (UM)/Yveltal(US).

That would be awesome. Very unlikely though.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    You know what would be really funny?

A cutscene of Guzma busting down the front door of the Rainbow Rocket HQ... he walks in with his battle theme blasting through a boom box he's carrying gangsta style, then he sets it on the floor and yells out "Y'ALL ARE STUPID!!" and then he sends out his Golisopod.

I just think it would be really hilarious to have a street thug go up against 6 sophisticated evil masterminds (except Archie isn't that sophisticated).

Years
    You know what would be really funny?

A cutscene of Guzma busting down the front door of the Rainbow Rocket HQ... he walks in with his battle theme blasting through a boom box he's carrying gangsta style, then he sets it on the floor and yells out "Y'ALL ARE STUPID!!" and then he sends out his Golisopod.

I just think it would be really hilarious to have a street thug go up against 6 sophisticated evil masterminds (except Archie isn't that sophisticated).

It'd be hilarious if they had their legendaries with them.

Mewtwo, Ho-ho/Lugia, Kyogre/Groudon, Dialga/ Palkia/Giratina, Zekrom/Reshiram, Xerneas/Yveltal and Necrozma are all defeated by a Golisopod. I suddenly need it.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    It'd be hilarious if they had their legendaries with them.

Mewtwo, Ho-ho/Lugia, Kyogre/Groudon, Dialga/ Palkia/Giratina, Zekrom/Reshiram, Xerneas/Yveltal and Necrozma are all defeated by a Golisopod. I suddenly need it.
    I don't think so. Golisopod doesn't stand a chance against any legendary. Guzma is not even that strong.

Sul_Silver

Please don't hit yourself in confusion... %@#$!!!
    Years
    I don't think so. Golisopod doesn't stand a chance against any legendary. Guzma is not even that strong.

Look, that is not supposed to be taken seriously. It was a joke, OK. Plus, unlikely things happen all the time in pokemon, like the time I saw a youngster carry a lv.55 Vikavolt, and the fact that necrozma could be beaten by both main legendaries.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    Having just Team Rocket return with a useless post game does not help USUM.

I prefer to see all evil teams to return with involvement with legendaries. That WILL make a great post game.

I can imagine the leaders using a legendary in a battle against our character:
    Giovanni - Mewtwo
    Maxie - Groudon
    Archie - Kyogre
    Cyrus - Dialga (US)/Palkia (UM) and/or Giratina.
    Ghetsis - Kyurem
    Lysandre - Xerneas (UM)/Yveltal(US).

That would be awesome. Very unlikely though.

Ok why is game team Rocket linked with Mewtwo? Is there a in game evidence that links Team Rocket with Mewtwo? and before you say anime or manga- THEY ARE NOT THE SAME!

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Ok why is game team Rocket linked with Mewtwo? Is there a in game evidence that links Team Rocket with Mewtwo? and before you say anime or manga- THEY ARE NOT THE SAME!
    I think that there were Team Rocket scientists that worked on cloning Mew and they created Mewtwo. There are books in the mansion in RBY and FRLG.

Also Mewtwo is the only one that makes sense for Team Rocket to be linked to aside from Mew.

I know the anime and manga are not the same as the games. That is very obvious.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I think that there were Team Rocket scientists that worked on cloning Mew and they created Mewtwo. There are books in the mansion in RBY and FRLG.

Also Mewtwo is the only one that makes sense for Team Rocket to be linked to aside from Mew.

I know the anime and manga are not the same as the games. That is very obvious.

The books never directly mention team rocket though. They simply describe the process of creating mewtwo.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    The books never directly mention team rocket though. They simply describe the process of creating mewtwo.
    I am still convinced Team Rocket are linked to Mewtwo. The games were too lazy to make Mewtwo apart of their plot and/or post game.

Why should i get excited for Team Rocket in USUM if they are not aiming for a legendary? It just be a boring post game in which they did mostly nothing. Team Rocket should for once target a legendary instead of aiming small like RBY, FRLG, GSC & HGSS.

Back