• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Rocket Challenge

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    Hey all :),

As Team Rocket generally doesn't use the most powerful pokemon or teach them the most powerful moves, I thought this could be a fun challenge.

Here are the rules:

- You may play using any generation.
    - You can only use pokemon that Team Rocket have had on hand at some point during the anime. This does not include temporary pokemon, like Aipom, which Jessie borrowed from Ash for a pokemon contest.
    - You can only teach your pokemon moves that Team Rocket's pokemon have used during the anime.
    - Since the largest number of pokemon any Team Rocket member has had on hand was four (Jessie in the DP series), you may only choose 4 pokemon to level. You may use less than 4 if you want, but no more than 4.
    - The other 2 slots may be used for HM slaves, but you can't use them to battle. Don't use legendaries as HM slaves. HM slaves can't be traded in -- they must be captured within your game.
    - You can trade in order to get the needed pokemon/moves, but try to do this as early in the game as possible, and their level should not exceed the level of pokemon that will obey you. The best thing to do would be to hatch baby pokemon from eggs in other games and trade them in.
    - If you run into a Pikachu at any point during the game, you must do your best to capture it. Don't use it in battle, though -- send it to your PC.
    - If a Team Rocket member's pokemon's ability is known, you must catch a pokemon with that ability.

Here are the list of allowed pokemon and allowed moves. In the event that a pokemon has less than four known moves from the anime, additional move slots may be filled with any move, including HM moves, but they may not be used in battle unless all of the PP for all of the allowed moves of your four pokemon are used up. If a pokemon has at least four known moves from the anime, you must choose from that moveset, and teach the pokemon those moves ASAP.

Spoiler:

Let me know which generation you are challenging and with which pokemon. Update with each gym leader/elite four member you defeat (and any additional info you want to share).

I will be using Chimeco, Dustox, Seviper, and Weezing as soon as I catch them in my Emerald game, breed, hatch the eggs, and move them into my Ruby version. I'll update as soon as I do that.

Ruby: serabeth (Chimeco, Dustox, Seviper, Weezing)

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2010
    May I note, Team Rocket had plenty more Pokemon. Unless, you only mean that duo. Because, Team Rocket had Raticate and Zubat/Golbat

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think you should include more Pokémon using like, Team Rocket grunts who use Zubats, Rattatas ect. or something, because currently you only have a selection of 13 Pokémon

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • B/W shouldn't be allowed yet as only one TR mon is catchable without Dream World.

Also, are Growl, Pay Day, and Screech (from Pokémon Yellow) legal on Meowth? For that matter, is Night Slash (which he claimed to be learning in DP103 but never used) legal?

Peterdea

Wisdom, Justice and Love
    Years
  • I'll play on Crystal version.
    My trainer name will be: Grunt
    My team will be: Weezing, Arbok, Meowth

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think this challenge is a great idea, but not it's not complete. Why not let people choose wich role of Team Rocket they want to play.

I'll make an example
    Because there aren't enough Pokémon to play through B/W without cheating, I've added the HGSS sprites as the meaning HGSS is the latest game for this challenge. Because of my previous statement, I'm not counting Jessie's Koromori.

In the Animé
    Spoiler:

Team Rocket in the games
    Spoiler:

Team Rocket in Manga
    Spoiler:

Maybe you should think about this.. And you may use this list if you want. much more. This is meant as constructive critism, so I'd like to see more creativity in your topic, because I like the idea.

Credits to Veekun for sprites! :D

Last edited:
    Back