• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Team Rocket speculation

Years
    True, plus the games tend to share a different use of Pokémon from the anime. Though, another given Pokémon would probably be the Zubat line. As for Mismagius, I can see that happening, and I wouldn't mind too. It'll give the Team a bit of competition against us.

Stupid internet cutoffs. Heh.

Zubat is a given, but I'd love to see a Crobat with them. Heh. Unrelated, but Skunktank (or however you spell it), anyone? A powerful Skunk Pokemon? C'mon, that's a given. Hee.

As for Zeta for observing on the Boss finale before the Legendary of the game (thank you, Magma/Aqua, for starting the tradition), yeah, that works just fine.

With the other feather in the Kanto region, that's the motivation you need for them to be in Kanto beyond one mere Grunt, yes? Heh.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Stupid internet cutoffs. Heh.

Zubat is a given, but I'd love to see a Crobat with them. Heh. Unrelated, but Skunktank (or however you spell it), anyone? A powerful Skunk Pokemon? C'mon, that's a given. Hee.

As for Zeta for observing on the Boss finale before the Legendary of the game (thank you, Magma/Aqua, for starting the tradition), yeah, that works just fine.

With the other feather in the Kanto region, that's the motivation you need for them to be in Kanto beyond one mere Grunt, yes? Heh.

A Crobat would be nice for them to have. I wouldn't want to see them with a Skuntank though. If they had a Skuntank on their team then we'd know that Sinnoh pokemon would appear before the Elite Four.

Years
    A Crobat would be nice for them to have. I wouldn't want to see them with a Skuntank though. If they had a Skuntank on their team then we'd know that Sinnoh pokemon would appear before the Elite Four.

Understandable, but Team Rocket is the rulebreaker, y'know. So, I wouldn't be that upset about it. If nothing else, it would be a fun prelude and "why do they get nice things," which is true for the in-game Rockets.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Even though it is hard to believe Team Rocket going back to Kanto. I would like to see one member step up and say, "Giovanni is gone, and it is time we step it up!" ... "There is another Grunt left back in Kanto, why not establish back there? We can do it without Giovanni!" Then, being the grunts they are follow that one leading voice and set up a different variety of plots in Kanto with their newer Gen Pokémon too.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    Well since it is a remake there plot will piratically be the same (maybe with a bit more involvement in Kanto).

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It most likely will be stuck the same like how it appeared to be in FRLG. Though, seeing a new female/male supporting role in the game, I might be expecting a few twists every here and there with Team Rocket in the game.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    It most likely will be stuck the same like how it appeared to be in FRLG. Though, seeing a new female/male supporting role in the game, I might be expecting a few twists every here and there with Team Rocket in the game.

I agree with this post.
    Damn, how do I end up agreeing to most of your posts?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    In the manga it relates to something different in the game. If you haven't noticed the storyline in the games aren't as extended as they may do in the manga. Maybe a small reference to Silver being Giovanni's son, but definitely not going full detail into it and making a plot through it in the games. They just aren't as highyl indepth with that sort of thing.

It was given once in the game that Giovanni had a son with red hair, but seeing as how Silver fought against Team Rocket before, doesn't seem like they are rooting to bring anything up like that for the remake.

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    Well, Silver is the only main character in any of the games with red hair. So unless this is to be a plot for a future Gen V game (which I doubt), they should at least reference to it, especially since the red hair reference was in FR/LG. What would be the point of including that in the remake unless trying to clarify it?

And while the new supporting character is a nice addition, I doubt it'll have any major effect on the overall plot. Maybe a couple double battles, but not much else.

Years
    Even though it is hard to believe Team Rocket going back to Kanto. I would like to see one member step up and say, "Giovanni is gone, and it is time we step it up!" ... "There is another Grunt left back in Kanto, why not establish back there? We can do it without Giovanni!" Then, being the grunts they are follow that one leading voice and set up a different variety of plots in Kanto with their newer Gen Pokémon too.

That would be a good motivation, indeed. There were two of the same male executives in the Radio Tower, so play on that (I blame laziness). For your information, the spare one would be the one that said, "I'm the fortress!"

Well, as for Giovanni's offspring, well, they said, "kid," for a reason. I think it's just a MacGuffin to get the fandom riled up. Until we get actual clues, I don't see why I should get involved on it.

And I second flash for observations on the differences. Special has that rich tapestry it can tap into for being an ongoing storyline. A start-to-finish game? Not as much.

Isabelle

★ Emo Princess ★
    Years
    Um. There will be probably changes to them. Like new pokemons. Because as you can see some of their pokemons are not connected in Sinnoh in the past. So the Pokemons with SInnoh Evolutions may probably occur.

Runaru

Moon Radiance
    Years
    I think the team rocket in this game, will be modified. New members may be disclosed in the team, who knows. New pokemons the team may have

sonicisrad

^ Yes he is. ^
    Years
    I'd have Butch and Cassidy have some sorta role, minor if that. Jesse & James all were part of Kanto and what not, but we follow Gold here, and Butch and Cassidy, though too having inclusion with Jesse & James' plots, deserve a mention in a game, surely. Just have Rocket Admin. Cassidy, and Rocket Admin. Butch wants to battle. Oh and Raticate needs to be theirs too due to the fact that in the Manga, they had one, and Rocket's have Ratatta's in the game. :)

Hell, even have Silver (???) officially 'claim' you are the better trainer at the end of Victory Road and walk off without a word afterward. You seem all glorified and stuff and then BAM! Walk into Mt. Moon square or whatever and Silver is there, along with a couple of Rocket Grunts, then he battles you with extremely tough pokemon, alot stronger than last time, and either win or loss, he flees without a word. Next time you reach Saffron City, the city is in lockdown and a Police Officer (Jenny??) tells you to stay back, you show her your Badges from Kanto, and she asks you for help. You intrude Silph Co. like last time though many events will be different. You find Silver tending to Giovanni, Giovanni asks you to come, knowing who you are after kniwledge is thrown at him by Silver, soon to be revealed as his son!! DUM DUM DUHHHH!!!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    That would be a good motivation, indeed. There were two of the same male executives in the Radio Tower, so play on that (I blame laziness). For your information, the spare one would be the one that said, "I'm the fortress!"

Well, as for Giovanni's offspring, well, they said, "kid," for a reason. I think it's just a MacGuffin to get the fandom riled up. Until we get actual clues, I don't see why I should get involved on it.

And I second flash for observations on the differences. Special has that rich tapestry it can tap into for being an ongoing storyline. A start-to-finish game? Not as much.

Thanks for that. I just want to see some variety with Team Rocket this time. They've been the first gang team, and they deserve the attention. I better team, better variety in character, and a whole lot tougher for sure. If things are raised in level, then I'll definitely expect this for them. Also, if the Johto Dex is changed to match that of DPPt, then I wouldn't be surprised to see new Pokémon on their rosters.

Oh yes, it'll definitely seem to be a Rocket Admin to do this.

I'd have Butch and Cassidy have some sorta role, minor if that. Jesse & James all were part of Kanto and what not, but we follow Gold here, and Butch and Cassidy, though too having inclusion with Jesse & James' plots, deserve a mention in a game, surely. Just have Rocket Admin. Cassidy, and Rocket Admin. Butch wants to battle. Oh and Raticate needs to be theirs too due to the fact that in the Manga, they had one, and Rocket's have Ratatta's in the game. :)

Hell, even have Silver (???) officially 'claim' you are the better trainer at the end of Victory Road and walk off without a word afterward. You seem all glorified and stuff and then BAM! Walk into Mt. Moon square or whatever and Silver is there, along with a couple of Rocket Grunts, then he battles you with extremely tough pokemon, alot stronger than last time, and either win or loss, he flees without a word. Next time you reach Saffron City, the city is in lockdown and a Police Officer (Jenny??) tells you to stay back, you show her your Badges from Kanto, and she asks you for help. You intrude Silph Co. like last time though many events will be different. You find Silver tending to Giovanni, Giovanni asks you to come, knowing who you are after kniwledge is thrown at him by Silver, soon to be revealed as his son!! DUM DUM DUHHHH!!!

Butch and Cassidy, didn't they have a role before? If not, then seeing them here would be a nice change for the Rockets, but I'd also like for Jesse and James to make some kind of cameo as well. Making them admin I'm not too sure, as the Rocket Admins before handled it pretty well in the game, and it doesn't seem to me that something with that would be changed up too much.

I like the way you think of twisting in the father-son plot afterwards though. It defintiely sounds like something that would keep me playing onwards and it'll add a nice story for Kanto, along with plot. It's something I'm hoping for to happen, if not dealing with Team Rocket, then something to keep up the zeal most definitely.

Ayselipera

It pretty much always is a team of zubats,
    raticates, and the ocasional grimer. As for
    storyline I'm hoping they might change it up
    a bit like in Firered and Leafgreen. Since the
    Johto region is 3 years after the breakup of
    Team Rocker (correct me if im wrong) then
    there may be a continuation of the Sevii Islands
    where Kanto left off.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I hope to see the typical Team Rocket Pokemon and maybe some new ones that would match them as well. Koffings, Ekans, Weezings, Arboks, Zubats, Goldbats/Crobats, Victreebell, Muk and other poison, types of that kind.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    i hope to see them using new generation pokemons...and old poison & psyshic pokemons

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think they may have they same pokemon.
    It pretty much always is a team of zubats,
    raticates, and the ocasional grimer. As for
    storyline I'm hoping they might change it up
    a bit like in Firered and Leafgreen. Since the
    Johto region is 3 years after the breakup of
    Team Rocker (correct me if im wrong) then
    there may be a continuation of the Sevii Islands
    where Kanto left off.

Yes, that is pretty much always there team that consists of Zubats, Rattatas, Grimers, etc. Though, maybe that;ll change as they upgrade the game to a better system and bring up the challenge of it as well. Before in Diamond and Pearl, Team Galactic had basically the same Pokémon, but when Platinum came out then ended up making some adjustments. I would like to see this implemeted into these remakes as well.

As for FireRed and LeafGreen nothing was changed with the original storyline of the game involving the Team Rocket plot. Though, if you are more referring to how they continued Team Rocket's evil schemes after in the Sevii Islands, then yes I'd like to see something like this happen as well. Especially for a comeback in Kanto, it is possible to do. Like the saying goes, "The Criminal will always return to the scene of the crime," or something like that. Then maybe Team Rocket themselves can return to their original roots.

By the way, you are certainly correct. The timeline in Gold and Silver did occur three years after Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow.

I hope to see the typical Team Rocket Pokemon and maybe some new ones that would match them as well. Koffings, Ekans, Weezings, Arboks, Zubats, Goldbats/Crobats, Victreebell, Muk and other poison, types of that kind.

Besides just Poison type Pokémon, I wouldn't mind them shuffling it up a bit. Add in some normal types, some grass types, maybe some water and fire too. Who says Team Rocket has to be stuck with one basic set of Pokémon. I think it's possible, and should have really been considered by the game makers to do this, though we can only see what they do next.

i hope to see them using new generation pokemons...and old poison & psyshic pokemons

I would hope to see this too, but more over after we obtain the National Dex. I'd want this because I still want that nostalgic feel I got so many years ago when playing my Crystal. With this idea, they can also move on with a secondary plot afterwards introducing the newer Generation of Pokémon. Anything is possibl with Pokémon, and Team Rocket rosters is one of them as well.

Back