• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Team Rocket speculation

Years
    All games after the color and metal generation and remakes had the bad guys centered on a legendary pokemon, so they might try obtaining the radio tower on top of getting the legendary of that game

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    All games after the color and metal generation and remakes had the bad guys centered on a legendary pokemon, so they might try obtaining the radio tower on top of getting the legendary of that game

That would be cool and everything if they tried to obtain the respective legendary of that game, such as a take over of the tower for Ho-oh and them being scattered among the whirl islands for Lugia. I don't think they will end up doing so as it would be a pretty dramatic change but that would actually add more intenisity and I would enjoy going through them once more to get to Ho-oh or Lugia.

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
    I think some other members already mentioned it, but imo team rocket was one of my favourite parts of the game! But I hope they raise the levels on their pokemon (only admins), that would be great!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    flash summed up my contention of the Side Stories theme nicely, so I won't have to get involved on that. Heh.

Moving back to the previous topic, I can't see the Rockets without Arbok and Weezing, although, I can buy some Gen III equivalents, Gulpin, much? I know Rocket-owned Beedrill have been featured in manga (e.g., Special), so that's a pretty easy choice.

Oh, can't forget Vileplume in FR/LG, so maybe some fun Grass/Poison types, too. Not Rosenade, but it would be badass, wouldn't it?

Arbok seems probable, but we'll see what happens with that.

As for Vileplume, I can actually see the higher grunts having it on their team. I agree with the Roserade idea though, it doesn't seem to fit in their team in my opinion. Gulpin, would be a nice twist for them to use if they continue their evil plots after the National Dex is obtained and we can now see the Gen III and IV Pokémon throughout the game.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Seeing Team Rocket with some starter Pokémon, I just don't picture that for them. I mean they represent some of those Pokémon that most people may or may not want. They also have a more matching theme of Pokémon for them too.

Years
    Seeing Team Rocket with some starter Pokémon, I just don't picture that for them. I mean they represent some of those Pokémon that most people may or may not want. They also have a more matching theme of Pokémon for them too.

Well, it's not completely out of line as it used to be. A Rocket-owned Charizard was featured in a AG episode (the return to Pewter Gym), the TCG featured Dark starter evos (including the Johto ones). I recently discovered a manga that Ono did for the first movie adaptation (apparently, one of the Grunts had a starter, too).

However, for the games, yeah, it is. Poison is their main shtick, so I don't seeing that changing. On the other hand, their secondary types can surprising, as Ditto and Porygon in G/S/C proved to be. Vileplume was the real surprise, as the Rockets don't typically have such... eye-pleasing Pokemon, shall we say.

Well, back to Gen IV, Honchkrow is a given. I know if Mismagius will be thrown into the mix. Stadium 2 gave the male Exec a Misdreavus, so it isn't completely crazy to think such things.

bit.trip void

Time cannot e r a s e
    Years
    I can see them carrying around Mightyena's, and maybe Swalot, later in game. As Charaxes said,
    Well, back to Gen IV, Honchkrow is a given. I know if Mismagius will be thrown into the mix.

I agree, Honchcrow is a given. I hope they put in Mismagius, and I could deal with Victreebell's and Arboks.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well, it's not completely out of line as it used to be. A Rocket-owned Charizard was featured in a AG episode (the return to Pewter Gym), the TCG featured Dark starter evos (including the Johto ones). I recently discovered a manga that Ono did for the first movie adaptation (apparently, one of the Grunts had a starter, too).

However, for the games, yeah, it is. Poison is their main shtick, so I don't seeing that changing. On the other hand, their secondary types can surprising, as Ditto and Porygon in G/S/C proved to be. Vileplume was the real surprise, as the Rockets don't typically have such... eye-pleasing Pokemon, shall we say.

Well, back to Gen IV, Honchkrow is a given. I know if Mismagius will be thrown into the mix. Stadium 2 gave the male Exec a Misdreavus, so it isn't completely crazy to think such things.

True, plus the games tend to share a different use of Pokémon from the anime. Though, another given Pokémon would probably be the Zubat line. As for Mismagius, I can see that happening, and I wouldn't mind too. It'll give the Team a bit of competition against us.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Honchkrow... I remember that one admin with the murkrow that completely betrayed him. XD That was one of my favorite "dungeons" in the game. I'm hoping they emphasize the mafia qualities of the big R more, they did just sorta seem to be part of the list after Aqua/Magma came out. Also hoping for a Giovanni re-entrance. He's so awesome you can't pass it up! Perhaps if they do add another story arc (I bet they will), the boss man could have something to do with it...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    With the newer Gen Pokémon, and the extended regions and perhaps islands as well, I wouldn't doubt that Team Rocket's plot will continue with the newer Pokémon and perhaps a Giovanni reappearance.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    With the newer Gen Pokémon, and the extended regions and perhaps islands as well, I wouldn't doubt that Team Rocket's plot will continue with the newer Pokémon and perhaps a Giovanni reappearance.

Thats how I look at it as well, in my opinion Giovanni's reappearance is key for all of this. Well, that is if Team Rocket hopes to have any success

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    That is when I can picture maybe Team Rocket going after either the Legendary Birds or the Legendary Dogs, seeing as Moltres is one of them located on the Sevii Islands.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If Team Rocket turned into Neo Team Rocket afterwards, I would honestly be shocked. My jaw would drop if I were to see them there.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    XxDawnfanxX said:
    That would be cool and everything if they tried to obtain the respective legendary of that game, such as a take over of the tower for Ho-oh and them being scattered among the whirl islands for Lugia. I don't think they will end up doing so as it would be a pretty dramatic change but that would actually add more intenisity and I would enjoy going through them once more to get to Ho-oh or Lugia.

I know you're talking about for the main story, but why not keep it the same for the main story, and if it's possible, have Team Rocket search Kanto for the wing opposite of the one you got. (eg: Silver Wing for HeartGold, Rainbow Wing for SoulSilver), have them find it, and fight the leader in Ho-oh or Lugia's rooms as the bird is summoned? And after that, you can fight Ho-oh/Lugia at Lv. 70 (After given a chance to heal and stock up on supplies. It won't be going anywhere.)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I know you're talking about for the main story, but why not keep it the same for the main story, and if it's possible, have Team Rocket search Kanto for the wing opposite of the one you got. (eg: Silver Wing for HeartGold, Rainbow Wing for SoulSilver), have them find it, and fight the leader in Ho-oh or Lugia's rooms as the bird is summoned? And after that, you can fight Ho-oh/Lugia at Lv. 70 (After given a chance to heal and stock up on supplies. It won't be going anywhere.)

That would actually be a good idea. Kind of like how they did it with the orbs with Dialga and Palkia and the rest of the main legendaries.

I wouldn't mind that happening because if Team Rocket does do that it would actually be like a real remake storyline to the game. What I mean by that is how it follows the generation patterns of catching the main legendaries Groundon and Kyogre, Palkia and Dialga, and now it would be Ho-oh and Lugia.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    I'm thinking, (well, at least hoping,) that Giovanni will be implemented a little more. He ended up to be really important in the end of the game, so why not show him a little more?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'm thinking, (well, at least hoping,) that Giovanni will be implemented a little more. He ended up to be really important in the end of the game, so why not show him a little more?

That'd be a great idea. I would want a storyline to where Silver finds out that Giovanni is his dad and Team rocket is shocked or something like that. Either way I would want Giovanni to be a part of the game a bit more.

Back