• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Team Snag'em Tools!

What tool should be updated/worked on and released next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    most of those tools are already merged together in yape.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    In Firered Pokemon that are not in the regional dex cannot evolve until you get the national. Okay my question is: If you change the Pokedex's order around so say Chikorita's Family is 1-3 would they evolve before you get the national dex?

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
    most of those tools are already merged together in yape.
    Not exactly.
    Let me take some time out to address this because more people will probably say this.
    1. YAPE can't reorder the Pokédex. It can't.

2. The Pokédex data editor is ment to be an improved Dexter for all versions. You now don't need it and can just use Pokédex Data Switcher.

3. YAPE does not let you repoint the text entries as these tools do.

4. YAPE includes a feature to edit the "Color" of the Pokémon which is stupid for it to be in the Pokédex Tab as it is tied to the Pokémon and not the Pokédex. Plus YAPE stand for Yet Another Pokémon Editor and in my opinion the Pokédex data does not belong in there.

5. YAPE does a lot of recalculating and stuff. If you only want to edit a couple of things then why change so much?

6. Many people can't get YAPE to work. Perhaps they can get these tools to work.

7. YAPE will not be improved in the near future as far as we all know. Team Snag'em's tools will.

8. It is all about preference. The tools do the same thing in different ways. If you want go ahead and use YAPE we don't care. I have used it sometimes as well (now less). That's why we put it on the Team Snag'em website, because some people would prefer it still.

In Firered Pokemon that are not in the regional dex cannot evolve until you get the national. Okay my question is: If you change the Pokedex's order around so say Chikorita's Family is 1-3 would they evolve before you get the national dex?
    I have never tried this.
    They should evolve.
    I will try it and get back to you.

Negative comments I do not like but will address...
    I would prefer suggestions like on how something might work better and such but w/e.
    Everyone is open to express their opinion.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
    These are great tools Gamer2020. I personally don't care if the tools are merged or not. Either way they're useful.

Well I already made it so you could edit the data in the switcher =/

Ok guys update time!

First of all Team Snag'em has 2 new members! One already has their profile on the site so go check that out if you're curious.

Now the best news in this post! We have released a new tool!
    An improved version of thethethethe's item editor!
    Go check out the first post to get it.
    It now supports Italian and Spanish!
    It also has some new features.
    Some of them are more advanced so if you want an explanation go here. (shoulda put it in the ReadMe...)

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Item_data_structure_in_the_GBA

*note* If people are having trouble with mediafire then please post about it. I'll start putting up some mirrors.

Years
    Well,I tried it but there's one prob.In Pokedex Data Switcher,I tried editing the first ?'s data.Seeming as I had to repoint it,I used FSF.No prob.But,when I try to save it,this is what happens:
    Team Snag'em Tools!

Can anybody help?

Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    I've found a bug in your Item Editor.
    When I select the berry pouch I get:
    "Run-time error '380':
    Invalid property value"
    After I click OK, the Editor closes.
    This doesn't happen in thetheththe's old version of the Editor.

BTW, this is in FireRed.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
    Well,I tried it but there's one prob.In Pokedex Data Switcher,I tried editing the first ?'s data.Seeming as I had to repoint it,I used FSF.No prob.But,when I try to save it,this is what happens:
    Team Snag'em Tools!

Can anybody help?

The "?" Pokemon do not have Pokedex enteries to switch/edit. If you change the order of the pokedex you could give one of those Pokemon dex data but take it away from another. It is also not publicly know how to add more pokedex enteries at this time.

I've found a bug in your Item Editor.
    When I select the berry pouch I get:
    "Run-time error '380':
    Invalid property value"
    After I click OK, the Editor closes.
    This doesn't happen in thetheththe's old version of the Editor.

BTW, this is in FireRed.

Ok I will look into it =/ (Just got home give me a few hours and I shall see whats wrong.

Is there anyway you can release these wonderful tools for Mac users?

I'm sure you could get them to run on Mac somehow...
    Nothings impossible.
    If anything just get a pc! -_-
    Life without walls!

really great tools,I'll probably use them since they are very usefull,waiting for more tools (=
    Sure new tools will come with time.
    Expect Improvements of the current tools. ;)

Finally, a working Pokédex Order Editor!
    I have waited this for quite a while, thank you! :D
    Well Thank you!
    It's still far from perfect though. =/

To EVERYONE!
    Just got home from a trip. I will get to stuff when I can.
    FYI you can now download the gsc starter editor. There was a mix up with download links before.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
    Ok Finally an update!
    The new Order editor!
    Get it in the first post!

Now supports French ROMs and has been translated to French!

Team Snag'em Tools!

Next shall be a bug fix of the switcher!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    Crash

After I used the order editor my ROM refuses to start. I load it and it just shows a blank white screen on VisualBoy. Can anyone tell me why this happened?

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
    After I used the order editor my ROM refuses to start. I load it and it just shows a blank white screen on VisualBoy. Can anyone tell me why this happened?
    That shouldn't happen...

I tested the tool so idk

What ROM did you use and what exactly did you do?

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    I used a Pokemon Ruby ROM and I rearranged a bunch of Pokemon up until approximately #50 in Hoenn Dex only. That's all I did.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
    I used a Pokemon Ruby ROM and I rearranged a bunch of Pokemon up until approximately #50 in Hoenn Dex only. That's all I did.
    Did you use any other tools on the ROM?
    I tested the tool on a ruby ROM so perhaps you don't have a clean ROM dump or some other tool corrupted it.

I have put up a new version of the data switcher.
    Some bug fixes and it's in English and french now. Link in first post.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    The Pokedex order editor doesn't work with FR/LG. It won't let me change the Kanto Dex, and your tool displays completely incorrect numbers for the regional dex (SINCE WHEN WAS BULBASAUR NUMBER #203 IN THE KANTO DEX!?!?)

Also the link to the Pokedex data editor is broken.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back