• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team StarSigner

Giratina-O

It Gets Kinda Lonely In Here..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Team StarSigner

Intro

Hey Peoples! Giratina-O here! And welcome to the StarSigner Team thread! Team StarSigner is a Pokemon Hacking team dedicated to creating and perfecting the hack Pokemon: Journeys of Old!

So, before we move any further, let me tell you a bit about myself. I started hacking not too long ago. I learned about it in late 2010, and got to know the most basic tools. I am a decent hacker, able to hack sprites with UNLZ.GBA and Advanced Palette, and I have basic knowledge of most of the necessary tools. However, I find myself unable to complete a hack on my own. For example, scripting, I can't do it. No idea how it works. That's where you all come in.

The hack: Pokemon Journeys of Old

Obviously, it is quite essential for my team to know about my hack. The name is already saying quite a bit, yes, this hack is set in the Pokemon past. I'm thinking somewhere in the Pokemon version of the Victorian era. Therefore, this hack will obviously have to be drastically edited to suit this era. New trainer classes are in order, and pretty much everything modern must be eliminated. Which is hard considering the Pokemon world is centered so much around technology. This is probably also why mostly nobody attempts to make hacks like these. Of course, the Pokeball already exists. I'm thinking of the kind of retro Pokeball Sammy Oak used in the Celebi Pokemon movie, I forget its name. Therefore a great spriter and mapper are must-haves on Team StarSigner.

You're probably wondering why the team is called Pokemon StarSigner too. Well, it's already been decided that the story will have a lot to do with Star signs, horoscopes, that kind of thing. Almost all types have already been changed to the twelve horoscopes, Aries, Leo, Sagittarius, Pisces, Cancer, Scorpio, Virgo, Taurus, Capricorn, Gemini, Libra and Aquarius. The types that I haven't found replacements for are Ghost, Steel, Dragon and Psychic. Any suggestions for replacements are appreciated but they should have something to do with the Star Signs.

Pokemon Journeys of Old is a Pokemon Ruby hack

Recruitment

And now we come to the vital recruitment section. The jobs I need for my team currently are as follows:

Spriter

Mapper

SCRIPTER: ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY

The list may change according to what I need.

NOTE: I will take up to two people for each position

Here are the filled positions:

Spriter: (2) ---

Mapper: (2) ---

Scripter: (2) ---

Next up is your application form. Here it is:

Job: (The job you're wanting to perform)

Proof of Work: (Proof that you're good at the job you're wanting to perform)

Time Zone/Working Time: (What's your time zone, and when can you be on?)

Which Hacking Tools do you primarily use?: (This is absolutely necessary, because some hacking tools crash the game. I don't want you using bad ones and screwing the whole thing up.)

Well, let's get started on the Journeys of Old.

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
    Years
    Job: Spriting

Proof of Work:
    Team StarSigner
    Team StarSigner
    Team StarSigner

Time Zone/Working Time: (UTC: -5:00) Eastern Time (US&Canada) Bogota, Lima.

Which Hacking Tools do you primarily use?: I just sprite not hack. ^^

Back