• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Teckietech says hello!

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2016
    Good evening all! I'm Teckietech, of Teckietech.inc! You've not heard of my youtube channel or twitch stream because... they haven't been properly set up yet!

I figured it would be best to tread the water and make some friends before jumping in the deep end, so here I am in all my sleepy glory (I live in England and it's 22:55, far too late for a lazypoke like myself).

So, a bit about me I guess! I'm 24 years old, from West Yorkshire, and I've been playing the games since Pokemon Red (I still have vivid memories of the kids on my street showing me how to encounter Missingno for all those tastey tastey rare candies and masterballs!).

I'm a shiny hunter, big surprise and nothing new there I know, though I've not gotten my Shiny Charm yet, nor have I completed ORAS yet as I paused the playthrough to recomplete older games like HG and Black (Black hosting my current shiny hunting shenanigans as I'm soft resetting for a shiny Snivy).

This is the first Pokemon community I've ever tried to take part in, please be gentle!

Years
  • Hi Teckietech, and nice to meet you! That's cool you've been playing since Red, I started off a bit later (with Ruby) coming to know Gen I and II through the remakes but hey- it's weird that I'd love to give the original games a try and so I'm hyped for the Virtual Console release of RBGY?
    I'm currently playing X and OR and I'm aiming for filling tha National Dex for the first ever in my Poke-career! c:
    Oh, what kind of videos are you planning to do on your yet to be set up Youtube Channel? I'd gladly check it out when it'll be ready!
    Have a great here on the forums, see ya around!

Years
  • Welcome, Teckietech, good having you on PC. :D

I like collecting shinies but my luck with them is pretty bad lol. Haven't gotten as many through my own encounters, most of mine were given to me by friends. How far into SRing for a shiny Snivy are you if you've been keeping track? I give up pretty quickly doing those. x~x

Enjoy your time and please ask if you need anything!

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2016
    I'll be uploading everything from Nuzlockes, challenge runs and shiny hunting to Xcom and Terraria I think, or at least hope to think! 3DS capture cards are expensive though so I guess I'll have to start with as good webcam footage as I can manage where shiny hunting is concerned. For the challenge runs, I have a pretty powerful gaming rig set up so I should be able to emulate great quality at least!

I'm two weeks into my snivy hunt, my other half is also resetting for a tepig though. Misery loves company 8D

Years
  • Hey teckietec, welcome to PC~! Ohhh, hunting for shiny Snivys? Pleeaasseeee let me have one if you find a duplicate <3 Snivy is my favorite Pokémon, in case you can't tell! XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2016
    I would consider it, only, this is the very first shiny starter I've ever give any serious attempt to! :c I've not completed my national dex on any game, and have never obtained a shiny charm, so all my shiny Pokemon are full odds, with the exception of a wondertrade lickitung. My list is as follows:

- Kyurem (SRs, took me about three days of SRing at every opportunity.)
    - Poochyena/Mightyena (Chained using the Dexnav at the start of a ORAS playthough)
    - Ralts/Kirlia (Chained using the Dexnav at the start of an ORAS playthrough)
    - Flabebe (Chained on X postgame)

There's a few I've missed as I don't have access to my Pokebank right now, but I love chaining as you can tell. If you know anybody with a snivy in their friend safari, I'll gladly find you one (might take a little while since I just started afresh on my X version):)

Back