• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tee_Bird's Photography Showcase

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    I'm still pretty new at photography (at least, in my eyes)... but here are some photos I've taken.

This little guy was in my Grandma's back yard. Canon Rebel XT 70-200 f/4 lens

Practicing macros. Canon Rebel XT, 100mm F/2.8 macro lens.

Landscape. Not my strong area... but I like this one. It was taken at Truman Lake in Missouri.

Green Tree Python taken at the St. Louis Zoo. Canon Rebel XT, 100mm F/2.8 macro lens.

Triangulate Orb Weaver. Taken along the Gasconade River in Missouri. Canon Rebel XT, 100mm f/2.8 lens.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • Wow those look really good.. I can say non of those animals lives on Iceland.. ^^;

Also wow, I'm not sure I'd dare ever going that close to a bee with a camera.. ^^;

OMG a snake, it looks awesome.. :3 Love it's colour. :D

Ewwww it's nothing like the spiders on Iceland... xD

Wow it's so big and look at the colours.. :D

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    Thank you, Angela.

The snake was actually taken in a zoo, it's one of my favorite species of snakes.

The bee is actually called a hoverfly. They're basically harmless.

Luckily, the spider isn't as big as it looks in the picture. A macro lens was used for that one, so it's got 1:1 magnification. (The size of the spider in the picture would be the same ratio as the spider standing on the camera sensor... if I make any sense).

Thanks again for the nice comments. :)

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
  • These are pretty good. I would love to see you take some in black and white of people, or run down buildings and stuff. I used to do that for my photography class and I loved how they came out.

My favorite I would have to say is the bee. I love the out of focus in the background and the detail. I can't wait to see more.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    I'll be going to Cancun in less than a month, so expect more around then, Jared.

I plan on practicing taking pictures of people there (since I'm not very good at it.) Maybe I'll have some nice black and white ones to show you.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    Thanks, both of you! It's probably my favorite kind of snake. There's morphs of it that are bright red!

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    Another from my last trip at the zoo. I really love taking pictures in the reptile house because of all the fine details they have.

One more week until Cancun, expect to be bombarded with awesome photos when I get back. :)

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    A couple from Mexico. :D

Canon Rebel XT with 50mm f/1.8 lens.
    Walking to Margaritaville, my family and I stopped at a lagoon to look and it started raining. I really like how this one came out for some reason...

Canon Rebel XT with 70-200mm f/4.0L lens
    This picture didn't come out as sharp as I had hoped, but I still like it a bit.

Canon Rebel XT with 100mm f/2.8 macro lens.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Wow, I can really see you becoming a wildlife photographer :D All of your pictures are really well composed and the detail in them is exquisite, especially in the close-up ones! I really love your work :)

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    I really appreciate the comments, everyone.

Samme!- being a wildlife photographer would be a dream job, but I don't think I have the skill (yet) or equipment for it. (Plus, my networking degree) But it's always something I've wanted to do. Maybe I should apply for the local nature publication sometime in the very distant future.

Esmas

General
    Years
  • Wow, very nice photography here. Love the hoverfly picture (he's getting really messy drinking that stuff, eh?) and the snake one scared me a little bit there XD I like the bird thingy, especially the colour of the water. Good job ♥

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    Haven't updated this thread in a while. *sigh* The pains of a full time job.

Here's a couple from the past couple of weeks.

On Flickr.

1200px full size.

PS: I have a Canon 5D mk II on its way to my house. Should be here tomorrow!

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
  • wow, even though bugs/snakes/certain creatures creep me out, i still love your photography. it's very bold of you to get these shots even if you don't need to be up close xP
    i think the positions/actions or whatever of the creatures are great in your photos which i'd imagine would be hard to get (confusing sentence D: )

Canon Rebel XT with 70-200mm f/4.0L lens
    This picture didn't come out as sharp as I had hoped, but I still like it a bit.

i love this one; it's so pure and the color of the water is just amazing

Back