• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Teejermiester's Music Shop

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
  • Need a new song for your hack, but have no musical experience? Wish you had that little something to push your hack from being good to great, but don't know how to go about it?

I'm going to start a little music shop, for people who want unique songs for their hacks but either have no musical experience, aren't sure of their abilities or want someone else to do it. I'm mostly going to be judging how badly people want it from the response to this thread. Mainly, I'm looking for requests to keep me composing and improve my abilities.

I'd like to keep these requests to a minimum, say 1 or 2 a week (at most, especially depending on my schedule). I will only be able to work on composing so much, and if I'm rushed, that means poorer quality music. I'm sure a lot of you have busy lives as well, and you'll understand. Just know that if you ask for a song, please do not expect one unless I give a response saying I'm working on it, and please do not pressure me for information about when it will be done. I'll let you know.

If you do decide you want something made, let me know in this thread. I'd like to know:

1. What the song will be used for, ie. battle, town, inside of a building, character theme, etc.
    2. What you want it to sound like (Creepy forest, cheery and playful, etc.)
    3. Please let me know details about where it stands in the hack and what it is related to: If a character came from a certain town, I might be able to make the town theme, character theme and his/her battle theme all similar.
    4. Any other details you want

I simply ask that you give me credit if you use a song that I compose in your hack, and do not distribute that song without my permission and knowledge.

If you have any questions about music insertion or this topic in general, theres a good tutorial I found by Magius here. If anyone finds a better tutorial on how to insert music, let me know. Also, if inserting your music isn't working, let me know. It may be something wrong on my end, and I'll try my best to get it figured out with you.

Samples:
    Contact [draft] (Daft Punk cover) - https://midishrine.com/midi/53278.mid

Ever yours, Teejermiester.

Last edited:

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
    Years
  • Good that you come... I need one music for my upcoming project.
    1. WILD BATTLE THEME
    2. In DPPT style
    3. Make it like a DPPT Wild Pokemon Battle... But not strictly that same.
    4. None... Have good time.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    A song I really want which would represent a rocket hideout would be the fast part from daft punks song contact. Let me know if you are planning on doing this and I can give you more info.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
    Years
  • A song I really want which would represent a rocket hideout would be the fast part from daft punks song contact. Let me know if you are planning on doing this and I can give you more info.

Are you looking at around 1:44 in the song, or 3:20? Of course, they're really similar so I suppose it doesn't make too much of a difference. I can whip up something for you. You said you had more information?

(On a side note, if you like contact, may I recommend this? I know people these days don't really listen to a lot of classical music but Bach shares a lot of the chord structure that modern day music does, and I think you'll like the melody. He's easily my favorite Baroque composer.)

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
    Years
  • Hey. Why you do not answered me?

I really am sorry for not responding to you. There are a few reasons:

1. This isn't my job; I don't make money doing this, and its simply something that I'm doing in my free time as favors to people. Frankly, I don't have a commitment to taking on any project I don't want to do. I can only do so much at a time; it only makes sense to me to take on the more interesting and entertaining projects.
    2. The person who brought me the project that I might take on gave me more information, gave me something to go off of, and is many times more interesting. I don't really know what "Give me something like the D/P/P battle theme, but not that" means in terms of music creation.
    3. This doesn't mean that I won't make something for you. This just means I'm taking another project right now because it's what is most appealing to me and it interests me more. If I finish this and have nothing else to do or someday feel like taking on your assignment, I would be more than happy to make you something.

If you feel like I offended you or was rude in any way, I apologize. That was not my intention. I simply don't have the time to take on every project, and I feel like I have given you a good explanation.

EDIT: awipe1, since it's a weekend and I had time after work, I threw together a little something based on what you gave me. Tell me what you think: https://midishrine.com/midi/53278.mid

I added a synth line (contact is repetitive; this helps, I feel) and I changed a few things to try and keep it unique and stray away from an exact copy. Let me know what you like and dislike. This is by no means a final draft haha, I just wanted to see how you liked it so far.

Last edited:

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
    Years
  • It sounds like Legendary Pokemon Battle... I asked you for something to wild Pokemon Battle theme. Make something more lively... In speed tonation and charisma like in Barry Battle Theme.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    Are you looking at around 1:44 in the song, or 3:20? Of course, they're really similar so I suppose it doesn't make too much of a difference. I can whip up something for you. You said you had more information?

(On a side note, if you like contact, may I recommend this? I know people these days don't really listen to a lot of classical music but Bach shares a lot of the chord structure that modern day music does, and I think you'll like the melody. He's easily my favorite Baroque composer.)

Yeah the part around 1:44 of the song!

I honestly love classical music! If you want you can PM me and I can give you more info on my ROM. I will let you be a bigger part of it if you want and give you some information!

Also if you do this I will appreciate it so much! It would mean a lot to me! Take all the time in the world to make it, I'm in no rush! And if you can't make it, I understand, just let me know!

Imafroggy

King
    Years
  • Hi there, I'm currently working on an Emerald ROM hack, it's a simple project for most of you pros but for a beginner like me it's a little difficult, but I was wondering if you could please make a song or two for me please?

I'd like Canalave city music for this town I inserted and Route 6 (Unova).
    *I'd like them as close to the original as possible but with the Gen III instruments! :D
    The town is going to be a small port town and it's going to be featured in this island expansion on route 129. Route 6 Unova is going to be featured in 3 of the many routes I made. It's my favorite song too from Gen V.

I actually was in music in HS but I've been really busy with life and lots of other stuff and I'm not too great with composing. If you need help with a rhythm or whatever I'd do anything in my power to help you!

Thank you so much by the way I really appreciate it (whether or not you provide the songs).

:)

Last edited:

Red John

Progressing Assembly hacker
    Years
  • Hello sir! I have a request too. My native language is not english, so i would try my best to make you understand it. A song for the main theme which would be like a rock battle theme. My game would be based around army, so the theme would be like an army rock theme. Thank you.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2015
    I need team rocket music for my tr hack. Like the theme from gold and silver when they took over radio tower thanks

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2015
    Hello. If you could produce something for me, that would be fantastic. I am currently working on an optional quest area with a horror theme. The tone is by far more mature than an official pokémon game's in this area. The entrance map is silent, so i would need the track to transition smoothly from there. I would like a feeling of being watched, and if you could convey a sort of quiet revulsion, that would be perfect. The building is looming and ominous. The era from which the building originates is Victorian. I did not want to use Lavender Town, it's cliche' at this point in hacks. Thank you for your time.

Also: If you decide to take on the project, could you produce a simple tone as well? the character will pass an alabaster bridge overhanging a red pond. The air gets darker with every step. I need a tone to signify the finality of the last step, as there is no turning back at this point. Thanks again.

Last edited:
    Back