• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Teen Clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michfan

Bodacious Intellectual
Years
  • I'm a minor, and I go out with my friends to this nearby club that's 18+ almost once a month. Yes, we can't drink over there, but we still have an amazing time that goes until 2 or 3 in the morning, and that's on a tired day.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    I mean more like, 12-16 year olds going to teen clubs, not 18+ clubs.

RuRuBell

Beeef
    Years
  • I didn't know they had those!
    Well, even though I can legally go to clubs, I don't. I don't drink, and dancing in a crowded place with loud, annoying people and even louder music is not my idea of a good time...

I'm guessing they wouldn't serve alcoholic drinks at a teen club. If kids like it, I guess I don't see the harm. It would be like a school dance without any teachers...

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • I went to one once with a few friends. Played lots of crappy electronic music, got a headache and was generally bored. Got to wear my signature LED sunglasses though. That balanced it out! :cer_boogie:

Teen Clubs

My LED glasses look a bit like this.

Years
  • Those are some stylin' shades, Cynic.

I don't really know what these teen clubs are, but if they're just places where they play music and kids dance then I don't have an opinion on it. Just like I don't have one on after school baseball. It's just... there, and some kids do it because they find it fun.

Is there some kind of issue surrounding these clubs that I'm not aware of?

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    The only clubs I went are school clubs, but mostly clubs that are related with music.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Don't have a problem with it. After all, if a kid wants to get into a club, they're either going to get in or get stopped. If a kid decides to do stupid stuff in the club, that's the kids fault, not the clubs. I've been to parties and discos, but nothing over 18.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    In theory, I would think of it as a good idea. However, when you become between the ages of 15 to 17 for example -18 being the legal age to drink alcohol in mainland Europe-, going to a club and dancing isn't exactly enough. From personal experiance and observation, teens around that age will obtain alcohol beforehand and go to the club having already drank for example. I would support the idea had there not been so many loopholes.

You might say I'm being cynical or I'm assuming that this happens with everyone, but it's quite true that drinking underage happens quite a lot. Due to the media and moderisation of our culture, going to a club even an under-age one promotes nightlife and eventually teens will be bored of just going to a club to dance and meet other people, it'll eventually start getting more serious.

I would like to see a way in which it could function, if it were legal to test alchol levels before entry or something like that it might work, as there's always bound to be someone who's had a few drinks in anticipation. From what I've seen of my friends and people around me, if they want to go to a club they'll go anyway, of course it's against the law but when you're 16, the law isn't going to stop you from drinking or going out if you can get away with it. Eh, as I say, it'd be nice to see a functional teen club organisation, it'd be a good way to socialize but due to the major accessabilty to drink and other narcotics, as well as the attitude of a lot of teens these days, it'd be a suprise to see it functioning.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I want to go to one. Sound like a safer 18+ Club. Plus it'll be more about the dancing than other adult stuff which I'll LOVE!

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Honestly a club for teens is a great idea. It's likely that there will be no booze/drunken idiots and it'll be properly chaperoned so that no trouble is caused.

What the hell are you talking about? I've been going to an under 18s club with my buds regularly and despite the fact that the bouncers are strict, there's alcohol EVERYWHERE. And hardly any of the fighting or commotion is caused by drunk kids, they just get drunk to have a good time.

Damn it Pachy, at least have some sort of idea of what contemporary culture is like instead of assuming it's still the 1990s.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • I think they are fun. Ocasionally my friends and I will go on a Friday night and just meet up with a bunch of people. They have police and security everywhere. You can get food, soft drinks, Monster Energy Drinks, ect.

It's an awesome idea. Gives teens a place to hang out so they aren't causing havoc in some other place where you get in trouble for it.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
  • Now why the hell don't they have more teen clubs? Like, in the area I live, there's probably 4 strip clubs, but NOT ONE SINGLE ****ING TEEN CLUB. And my school's dances usually suck, so I wouldn't mind somewhere else to party on a Friday or Saturday night.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I think they are perfectly fine. As long as they aren't supplying alcohol to minors and what not, why not? It is just another hang out for kids,] (and now a days, there are many places they can't go.) From my experience, they are completely different from adult clubs and what not.

Yolanda

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2010
    In theory, I would think of it as a good idea. However, when you become between the ages of 15 to 17 for example -18 being the legal age to drink alcohol in mainland Europe-, going to a club and dancing isn't exactly enough. From personal experiance and observation, teens around that age will obtain alcohol beforehand and go to the club having already drank for example. I would support the idea had there not been so many loopholes.

You might say I'm being cynical or I'm assuming that this happens with everyone, but it's quite true that drinking underage happens quite a lot. Due to the media and moderisation of our culture, going to a club even an under-age one promotes nightlife and eventually teens will be bored of just going to a club to dance and meet other people, it'll eventually start getting more serious.

I would like to see a way in which it could function, if it were legal to test alchol levels before entry or something like that it might work, as there's always bound to be someone who's had a few drinks in anticipation. From what I've seen of my friends and people around me, if they want to go to a club they'll go anyway, of course it's against the law but when you're 16, the law isn't going to stop you from drinking or going out if you can get away with it. Eh, as I say, it'd be nice to see a functional teen club organisation, it'd be a good way to socialize but due to the major accessabilty to drink and other narcotics, as well as the attitude of a lot of teens these days, it'd be a suprise to see it functioning.

what's wrong with alcohol you used to talk about getting drunk all the time?? = /

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back