• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Teethbrushifying.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Yeah... I don't think that's actually a word...

Anyway, do you guys like, or hate brushing your teeth? Or is it just not a big deal?

How often do you brush them?

I hate doing it so much, that I've really let my teeth go. I just can't bring myself to do it more than once a day at most, even though I know I could lose my teeth pretty soon. (And this is coming from a germaphobe who can (and has) break addictions cold turkey. What's so hard about cleaning my teeth?)

XBA

Goth Pokemon FTW.
    Years
    I brush my teeth the recommended amount of times per day.

That being said, I hate taking time to do it.

My parents often won't leave the house until I've brushed my teeth.

It's annoying.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I'm eh about it. I do it every night and every now and most mornings, but it's not such a big deal, I just do it.

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
    I brush my teeth once a day...I know I should more, but I forget at night!!! I kinda don't like doing it. It's just 'blah'.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    I brush about once a day before school, because that's just a habit. If I'm not going anywhere I hardly bother at all...unless my mouth feels particularly gross. What's funny is that I've been to the dentist regularly and they have found no problems with my teeth other than their crookedness (which is almost fixed by invisalign now). xDD

Bologna

One might call me "hip"
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2014
    I don't like or dislike it, I just do it. It's sort of time consuming; when I'm tired, I just want to go to bed, I don't want to have to brush my teeth first, but I do. When I was younger I didn't take the best care of my teeth, but things are different when you're permanent teeth come in :P. Needless to say, I make sure to brush my teeth now. And use mouthwash-- that's enjoyable.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I brush my teeth the recommended amount of times a day, which for me is 2. Sometimes I feel lazy about it, because I just want to jump into bed. I don't mind doing it in mornings though, it helps me snap out of my drowsiness somewhat. P;

Melody

Banned
    Years
    ...I'm on the extreme end of hating it. ><

I know it's bad...but every time I've ever brushed, I could NEVER find a brush that was soft enough for me. Not to mention I really despise strong flavors, and I've never found a paste or mouth cleansing product which resists that addition. The unflavored varieties I've heard about are rare and expensive, not to mention I've heard they taste like crap. I've got a very sensitive sense of taste and I do not like it when oral hygiene products stick around and leave any sort of residual taste in my mouth. As such...I rarely brush when I ought ta. :<

I regret feeling that way, but it really can't be helped at all. I may need to speak to a dentist and find something I can brush at least semi-regularly with...I don't particularly like getting toothaches and such. Tips would be helpful, but PM/VM to me, as they would fall outside the context of OVP's function...and we don't wanna upset our awesome resident mod. :p

Kelp

<3
    Years
    I've been slacking on the brushing these days, only brushing half a minute instead of the ridiculous two minutes. I still think half a minute is sufficient (prove me wrong dentists).

But I do usually brush two times a day; the less visits to the dentists for cavity fillings the better. =)

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
    I brush + floss my teeth twice a day, EVERYDAY, and make sure I do it quite well. I'm really OCD about personal hygiene in general.. -goes to brush teeth-

Years
    I hate brushing my teeth, I find it annoying.

I brush at least once a day. I try to twice but sometimes I forget or I am too busy to care.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    I love the feeling of clean teeth, but I hate actually brushing them out of pure laziness. :P I don't really follow a fixed schedule either, I just brush every time I eat a big meal. Sometimes I do brush when I wake up just because I hate that morning mouth feeling, but it's not set in stone. So I guess that makes for about 2 - 3 times a day.

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    I love brushing my teeth~ I couldn't stand it if I didn't brush my teeth twice a day.

My mouth feels absolutely disgusting if I don't brush twice a day. I mean, it would be just gross. D; Well, for me. I think that I just like the minty breath afterwards, though.

My younger brother, on the other hand, hates brushing his teeth. We need to force him to! Well, not force, but nag for a couple of DAYS! DDDDD; That is disgusting. His breath smells. That poor kid. =/

Years
    Why would you hate brushing your teeth? O_o
    If you want your teeth to rot, go for it.

I don't love or hate it; it is a simple act of retaining being healthy. That is all it is for me and I brush twice a day.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Why would you hate brushing your teeth? O_o
    Well, most toothpastes are minty. Mint actually pains me; very off-putting.
    Finding flavourless or alternately-flavoured paste isn't very easy (and I simply forget), with all these connotations of mint = freshness that the marketers of the stuff keep up.

Back