• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen TeraVoltage???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    I just read about the new anime episodes on Serebii, and there was something about Zekrom's shadow making Pikachu unable to use electric attacks. May this hint that TeraVoltage prevent the opponent from using electric attacks?

Just wondering...

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • Since it's Dragon and Electric type, disabling electric attacks seems kind of pointless since they wouldn't do much damage anyhow..... So I hope it does something else in the games.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • Since it's Dragon and Electric type, disabling electric attacks seems kind of pointless since they wouldn't do much damage anyhow..... So I hope it does something else in the games.

I was going to post more-or-less exactly this. Where it would be a unique ability (or perhaps you can expect Reshiram to do the same, only with Fire-type moves), as you say I don't think it would be entirely useful. However, I suppose it would be more useful in double/triple battles which, if the ability does have the aforementioned effect, suggests they are tring to shift the focus onto multi-battles, bringing the games in line with more traditional RPGs. if that is the case, I'm a tad miffed.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I don't think thats the actual ability, but I've heard that's what it does in the show, maybe it strikes Pikachu giving him an overload power, but not to much to make him faint.
    Or it could just suck all his electric power out of him (Temporarily)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I think that Zekrom's ability may have something to do with absorbing Electricity from the opponent. It doesn't say why Pikachu loses its electricity for an episode only that it does when it gets hit by Zekrom's Shadow.

Zekrom and Reshrim may have two new absorbing abilities that match their supplementary typing. So basically something similar to Volt Absorb/Motor Drive and Flash Fire is what I see.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • i think that teravoltage might hit the pokemon back as normal effective with double the damage...
    so in other words Pikachu uses thunder bolt and Reshiram deals it back taking no damage and does double the damage Reshiram wouldve taken
    maybe thats a possibility but probably not..

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    These legendary pokemon are really getting overpowered.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Terra = Ground.

So I think TerraVoltage might allow the Pokemon to hit ground type with electric moves.

Dunno about it's fire counterpart though :/

solarowl

Years
  • maybe terravoltage nuetralizes electric attacks and makes them useless
    then wouldnt it be like lightnig rod?

Terra = Ground.

So I think TerraVoltage might allow the Pokemon to hit ground type with electric moves.

yeah that maybe an ability but i was kinda hoping for something cooler :( dunno i just dont like it

Last edited:

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • Terra = Ground.

That's what many people thought before but the ability is actually called "Teravoltage", so it has nothing to do with the ground.

AuraAshley1990

Moon night bomb
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    then wouldnt it be like lightnig rod?

yeah that maybe an ability but i was kinda hoping for something cooler :( dunno i just dont like it

ya it would be. maybe it allows ground types to be hit my electric type attacks like states by someone else on here

solarowl

Years
  • another idea is that when an electric type attack hits, it absorbds the attack and the next electric move Reshiram uses, is double the power!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I think that what TerraVoltage does is that it makes the Pokemon immune to Electric attacks, in the same way Levitate makes the Pokemon immune to Ground attacks.

Years
  • Please, dont confuse Reshiram and Zekrom

Zekrom = Electric Dragon

Reshiram = Fire Dragon

Meaning Reshiram, most likely won't learn electric moves, which is irrelevant to the topic that talks about Zekrom's Ability, TeraVoltage.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Ignore what I originally said (wasn't fully switched on!), but discuss this ability here, since it relates to Zekrom.

TeraVoltage???

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back