• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Terraria Discussion Thread

TamerKoh

World of Chaos Super Deluxe...
Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Terraria is, in essence, a sandbox building game (similar to Minecraft). However, it includes role-playing elements such as equipment farming and several different bosses to combat. This has been a major time sink for me recently, especially since the 1.1 update was released the first of this month. I was curious as to whether or not people here play it as well, or if anyone would like to discuss what's going on with this game :).

Years
  • I do! It's one of two computer games I run. And it's also a huge timesink for me, I've got 92 hours logged on it so far and I haven't even hit a lot of the 1.1 content yet. I only started playing it last night. And I spent most of that time building a candy cane house on one of the floating islands. Because CANDY CANE BLOCKS YESSSSS Have to get used to the new lighting, though, went underground, saw a bunch of yellow blocks around lava and went GOOOOOLD! only to realize that it was all stone and the lighting was funky. XD

Sadly I'm not really good at making awesome buildings like everyone else, but it's still fun to build. Here's one of my buildings. (This was before the patch that added bookshelves.) And then I built a mansion thing in another world here. I still have to put something in the basement and enemies spawn in it sometimes. Not sure if it's the size, the windows, or the Obsidian blocks that do it.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • Oh hey, I was just gifted this game! It was so fun. xD But it is so expansive I usually don't know what to do. @_@ I keep exploring though, and I always end up dying because I don't know what I am doing. xD

Years
  • I stumbled across this thread right as I'm playing Terraria with my boyfriend. Perfect timing!

I love this game. o: With the 1.1 update, there's so much more to do. Just got done farming Wall of Flesh for items and gold and now we're waiting for nighttime for a rematch against The Twins... aka the hardmode eyeball boss. They're really hard. It's a big jump since the bosses and most monsters before hardmode could be killed without much effort at all.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • Bah, I feel like I am so slow at this game. xD How far are you guys in it? I JUST managed to get a gold pickaxe, I have around 200 HP, and I JUST got my first 20 MP. xD I don't think I have accomplished much though. :P There is just so much to do.....

Years
  • My two characters have max HP and MP. They've got the best gear from pre 1.1, pretty much. One's got Muramasa as a main weapon and a Molten Pickaxe, while the other was using Nightmare Pickaxe for the extra speed and Firey Greatsword. Both use Molten Armor. Basically I hit the end of what I could find in pre-1.1 and was collecting the really rare stuff and building to kill time. I only just beat the Wall of Flesh with my roommate yesterday so I have a lot of catching up to do there.

My roommate claimed the Pwnhammer. He was kind enough to unlock the 3 extra minerals in my world first, but HE TOOK THE PWNHAMMER I have to wait until Thursday when I beat the Wall of Flesh in his world to get mine. SO MUCH HATE I PLAY MORE THAN HE DOES. :(

Years
  • Bah, I feel like I am so slow at this game. xD How far are you guys in it? I JUST managed to get a gold pickaxe, I have around 200 HP, and I JUST got my first 20 MP. xD I don't think I have accomplished much though. :P There is just so much to do.....
    If you want, I can make a server for us. I'm on gold stuff as well (just about to fight EoW and go onto shadow stuff)

Years

Take your time! I personally find that better than getting hooked and ending up with max HP/MP within a few days. :3

I finished all the hardmode stuff a few days ago, including the bosses. Using the Hamdrax as my drill (it's the endgame "drill" that functions as a drill, axe, and hammer) and the Excalibur as my sword, with the Hallowed armor. Made a new world that's small this time (other was large) to lessen the lag we get on multi.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Oh my god! I love terraria!
    But in my opinion, they could lower the strength of some of the underground enemies, Like for example, the first time I got to the actualy underground, where it starts to play the underground theme, I died instantly, I had to spend weeks finding extra hearts.

Also, has anyone had the glitch where you battle the skeletron and the Eye of Chutulu at once ... ? Is it a glitch, or is it suppose to be that bad.

And, It's the one game I play on my netbook, that and minecraft, but terraria more because it lags less and stuff. Either way, Love terraria!! :3

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Ooh, fellow terraria-ers.

If anyone is interested in playing any time soon, I'm having some problems with 2 of the hardmode bosses (twins and skeletron prime). I've played the entire thing solo, and I just need some souls of sight/fright to finish getting all the things in the game. Anyone interested?

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • I remember how I skipped classes and clocked 100+ hours in a few weeks.
    Good times.

I stopped playing before they introduced the flag to summon the goblin raid party.
    How's the game now?

TamerKoh

World of Chaos Super Deluxe...
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    I remember how I skipped classes and clocked 100+ hours in a few weeks.
    Good times.

I stopped playing before they introduced the flag to summon the goblin raid party.
    How's the game now?
    The content has pretty much doubled ever since 1.1 was released upon the world. I've already done everything with 1.1 that I can do; have full Hallowed Armor and weapons, all 5 Light Discs, and all that stuff. Now it's just a matter of waiting for the next content update XD.

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    I have some sad news to cover.

Redigit said:
    The future of Terraria has been highly debated as of late, not just with the community, but for us as well. The last year has been a crazy ride! When I started on this game, I just had a few ideas of what I thought would make a fun game. I had no idea that it would receive so much attention. I want to thank all of you for supporting us and making this game's success possible.

After a lot of internal debate, we have decided that it is time to move on. My wife and I are due to have another boy soon, and I want to spend some time getting to know him. I also want to spend the time recharging and bettering myself as both a programmer and game designer. I have learned a lot from working on Terraria and plan on using what I've learned, building upon it, and moving forward with another, even better project. However, we are still planning at least one more bug fix for Terraria.

For those that haven't already heard, Finn "Tiy" Brice has moved on to form Chucklefish and is heavily at work on an exciting new game called "Starbound". It's looking to be a lot of fun, so make sure to check it out if you haven't already!

Thanks again for all your support, and I am very much looking forward to providing you with something much better than Terraria in the future!

Source

It's sad to see the developer of Terraria go.

Another words, there's going to be a new game called Starbound. Don't know what it is? Check it out!

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • I have some sad news to cover.

Source

It's sad to see the developer of Terraria go.

Another words, there's going to be a new game called Starbound. Don't know what it is? Check it out!

I read the end of your post first for some reason and thought "THE DEVELOPER OF TERRARIA DIED?"
    But oh well, all good things come to an end sometime. Terraria's a great game, and was well kept with their frequent updates while being developed. Shame to have such a strong game stop being worked on.

Back