• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Terror Attack Hub - REVAMP-

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    TBH the compilation of all the attacks really strike me deeply at how overwhelming a force terrorism is and how so far, nobody has really stepped up and done anything concrete to combat this relentless tsunami of bloodshed. I thoroughly appreciate the efforts gone into bringing to light the attacks in other cities that mainstream media have conveniently neglected to report (perhaps mainstream media and journalism should be another discussion point, though I believe that itself can warrant its own thread). I was immensely disappointed that I hadn't heard about the Baghdad bombings until it started trickling its way around Twitter.

Sir Codin

I really just do not understand what it is these people want. This is so ridiculous and baffling.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
    That is something I suppose I do not have the answer to.

Until the world converts to their beliefs?

Until we surrender giving them world control?

Dunno.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
    I don't think the answer to "what do they want" is that simple. It also depends on which groups people view as terrorists. For an instance, take the PKK. They want an independent Kurdistan. To many Kurds, they're seen as heroes and it's actually a war that's going on, to Turkey and many Arabic nations they're seen as terrorists since they attack the military and police. It all depends on perception.

Organisations like ISIS don't have one goal in mind. And it also depends on the person within said organisation. The leaders will most likely just want power, while the common grunt might have grown up in a bad neighbourhood somewhere in Europe, never had a future and had to deal with racism and a terrible youth. He's glad he found a goal in his life and a place to fit in. And might blame the Western governments and communities for them having no future in the West and want to take revenge for it.

Others might actually believe they can take over the world and convert everyone to their messed up beliefs while others want revenge for all the wars the West has waged in their countries, some even for the crusades from hundreds of years ago.

Either way, they don't have one set goal, they claim they want to take over the Western world, but their leaders probably know that's something impossible.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
    Loosing hope is accepting defeat. We need to unite to destroy this.

I'm afraid it's too late for that. Too much of the population is oblivious and manipulated into believing something that isn't completely true, humanity is so blind I could knit sweaters with the cloth. We just blame one thing for another when in reality it's all bullshit to distract us from whats truly going on. There is no way to unite. The best we can do is accept everything is fucked and that everything has always has been and will be fucked. History's proven the rise and fall of every empire. It's all a cycle.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
    In a way, the 'empires' of our world currently need to fall. I still believe that humanity will only survive by all uniting under one flag and getting rid of the artificial separation created.

On the other hand, looking at it your way is just as dangerous as the 'mass ignorance'. Negativity can only make things worse.

Back