• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Thanks Button Suggestion

Y/N

• Yes, Why not!

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • No, Bad idea.

Votes: 20 74.1%

• Total voters
Years
  • It's not a bad idea,just that it might end up being as an unsuccessful idea. Though I do suggest having the 'Thanks' button only,no "usck" buttons or anything considering that people shouldn't be forced to press it. Though Feelings does have a point where a VM and PM can be sent for a thank you.Sadly I haven't experienced the rep system since I joined too late.

Years
  • You hated him just for that? You know, that is a one-way limited type of thinking over things an these systems.
    Just because you never had any problem with, and got fair reputation all the time, doesn't mean that it was fair to everyone else too.
    I, for one, knew that it was seriously abused for Spey, and also abused for me.
    People rarely seem thankful for good things done, but will spring to give you negative rep even if they just hate your opinion.

People were at odds with Spey because he felt that he was a speshul little snowflake who deserved different treatment from everybody else, and then hid behind the pitiful excuse of autism or Aspies or whatever mental disorder was cool that week. The hypocrisy in trying to claim that people with autism are no different to everyone else when he used it as an excuse for acting like an arse wasn't lost on the majority of the memberbase.

(Ohey, how did another CQF thread degenerate into another ***** at Spey thread?)

The Thanks button thing isn't really necessary. We have post comments, and there'd be some way in which some people will use the amount of Thanks they have to stroke their overinflated egos.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • My problem with that system is that good threads get like 40 lines of thanks, making it slightly annoying to scroll ^^;

If you see a really useful/nice thread, just leave a post comment saying how nice it is.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • The important part of the rep system, post comments, were kept. It serves the exact same purpose and more (allowed to describe why you like / dislike it). Makes it redundant, dontcha think?

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Why would we need a thanks system when we already have Comments?

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • My vote is quite obviously a "no" because this "thanks" system reminds me of reputation. Reputation, as we should all know, was recently disabled and replaced with post comments. A "thanks" system would be like reputation, meaning people would abuse it and complain about it, just like they did with reputation. I don't want to be caught in all that drama, so I vote "no".

Years
  • Urgh... Members so negative all the time with the no and l-i-n-k-i-n-g it all to reputation :/

Everyones said its crap like reputation but i see no points from people saying its bad. It does nothing and that it wont work or something along those lines. except for eyebleed

I think we should have the who gave thanks in a spoiler at the end of the post so this negates eyebleed for romhacking threads.

I dont see how this can really be abused. You thank a person for a post / thread they made. I think we should remove the "Thanked x times in y posts" and just keep it "Thanked x times"

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
  • My vote is quite obviously a "no" because this "thanks" system reminds me of reputation. Reputation, as we should all know, was recently disabled and replaced with post comments. A "thanks" system would be like reputation, meaning people would abuse it and complain about it, just like they did with reputation. I don't want to be caught in all that drama, so I vote "no".

I agree. It'll be like a remake of the reputation so i also say "no". Sorry but, that's just my opinion. It's a good idea but, it's kind of the same.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    There is no unthanks... why would anyone complain about it?

You can still SPAM thanks everywhere you go, even when the thanks isn't for reason X.
    The point of reputation was to give constructive criticism, which was nice if it weren't for the ability of being abused.
    A thanks button is in no way constructive, and already exists in most cases.

Years

• You can still SPAM thanks everywhere you go, even when the thanks isn't for reason X.
    The point of reputation was to give constructive criticism, which was nice if it weren't for the ability of being abused.
    A thanks button is in no way constructive, and already exists in most cases.

So by spamming thanks to every single post you see, giving notifications and such to everyone that gets the thanks, you are not going to attract moderator, or even member attention? :/ Idiots like that are usually banned or infracted + warned till they reform.

Constructive criricism? We are by no means, an education forum or anything like that. If someone gives you an answer to a question, wont you thank them? For example, the simple questions threads that exist in romhacking, map rating in romhacking, simple questions in DPPt / HGGS. They just require a thanks, we are not required to write a paragraph essay-like thing on why it was helpful because it just was :\ Simple. Constructive criticism is usually shown with a reply though.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    So by spamming thanks to every single post you see, giving notifications and such to everyone that gets the thanks, you are not going to attract moderator, or even member attention? :/ Idiots like that are usually banned or infracted + warned till they reform.

I wish I could understand you, but maybe my brain is just not working right.
    The thanks button already exists, it is just next to the report post button.
    However, the thanks button does much more than just say "thanks," it can also criticize a person when [you think] their post deserves it.

Constructive criricism? We are by no means, an education forum or anything like that. If someone gives you an answer to a question, wont you thank them? For example, the simple questions threads that exist in romhacking, map rating in romhacking, simple questions in DPPt / HGGS. They just require a thanks, we are not required to write a paragraph essay-like thing on why it was helpful because it just was :\ Simple. Constructive criticism is usually shown with a reply though.

A thanks can also be just as easily achievable by a reply, as well as the new reputation system. You can see plenty of closed threads in the D/P/P section, and especially this sub-forum we are in right now all saying thanks and whatnot.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    This is a GREAT idea! It's gonna be like the Rep system but you only have POSITIVE points. Best idea since sliced─ Oh no never mind, I don't wanna bleed my eyes out when I finish my hack someday :(

Back