• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

that guy [TCTI v 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Apparently a guy in the games gives you an item to be used in a "new" region not seen yet, and specifies that it's not any region from any past main-series games.

SOOOO WHO KNOWSS

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

Ah, the whole "region hidden in XY" theory. I'd be happy if there were, and considering all that we don't know about the game, it's a possibility...

...But considering the size of the game (data-wise), I'm not sure how likely it would be, and if it were DLC that would kind of null the whole "hidden" part of the theory.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    BASK IN THE GLORY THAT IS MY LAZY SIGNATURE

Although I do like the whole Anistar sundial thing, but I'm too lazy to go look for Mega Stones

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

I over-level during Nuzlockes

"Oh ho, Gym Leader, your pokemon are level 15? MINE ARE LEVEL 30"

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

Never heard of a theory saying there's another region in XY. What grounds could that have? O_o
    However there's been talk that the next games will take place in a wholly new region, abandoning Kalos without any "third game". That'd sort of make sense considering they could release new pokémon in smaller, more frequent bursts that way, which would explain the tiny amount we got in XY... that would leave the whole Zygarde thing unfinished, though.

Overlevelling in nuzlockes? B-but it's supposed to be a challenge. ;_;

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

Yeah, I agree about the overlevelling deal. The thrill of nuzlocking is what makes it so fun, which is part of the reason I make it a point not to grind.

And I really hope they don't skip to the next games already. XY is the most fun I've had in a pokemon game in over a decade, and if they were to make new releases an annual/semi-annual deal, I can only see the game becoming yet more victims to quick dryness, and I can't see the progress in experimentation with pokemon as a world, a game, and a story that GF has been making since BW (or arguably Platinum) not regressing and being wasted as a result. Unless they changed the formula, of course, but the chances of them doing that are slim.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

XY would certainly need that cleanup, yeah. Like DP they weren't yet optimized for the system, so I hope Kalos will get a revisit in order to prevent it from staying half-functional in our memories.

...Then again, normal games solve those issues with patches. Patches for XY seem entirely focused on game-breaking bugs, it seems. :(

Yeah, they need time to develop the really good stuff (although they allegedly started on XY before BW were even released). Hopefully they put their resources to good use. Also new mechanics please, this kind of turn-based combat is getting a litttle stale.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023

Or, as Emile is saying in his DX GoD LP, bring back Cipher

the two Gamecube games leave a lot to go on

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back